Ecstasy to be late today

jhale

Kat must be at the party or went to bed (no email). ..Im up in Dallas and sure cutting it close, depending on when the ship is leaving if I can book in time in the morning if there are special rates. Im 5 hours away.

$598 for just me, solo rate they said is the best they can do.

Kat must be at the party or went to bed (no email). ..Im up in Dallas and sure cutting it close, depending on when the ship is leaving if I can book in time in the morning if there are special rates. Im 5 hours away.

$598 for just me, solo rate they said is the best they can do.

well their official announcement says guests should arrive at the terminal at 2pm... i assume that even though carnival ecstasy is on her way back per earlier comments, they'll stick to that - and probably not leave before 6 or so...

traffic through houston, i-45 etc. shouldn't be bad at the hours you'd be on the way...

and the cvs i talked to said the same... though they did quote me the 558 (279 1A). i told them that was not what i expected at all :rolleyes:

i just about flipped out when i saw that, i was ready to pack!

i JUST called, twice, at about 12.00AM, and again pretty much right after i called because i realized i didn't ask certain categories, etc, here's what i got, based on double occupancy:

279 PP 1A - 1 available

299 PP interior - 2 available

329 PP oceanview - a 'few' available

479 PP balcony - 4 available.

plus 22.08 taxes pp

all cabins will be booked on double occupancy or full 200% supplement regardless of cabin. so cheapest buy in is the 1 1A at 558.00 + 22.08 = 580.08 for a single cruiser or at double occupancy.

needless to say, i'm not packing tonight :rolleyes:

Ya think everybody started booking so they uped the price for the last few?? I feel like I got everyone "worked up" here and that sure wasn't the plan. I was sooo excited wishing I didn't have the weekend planned out......just wanted to share what I was told so ones close to port could jump on the deal.

Kat

Ya think everybody started booking so they uped the price for the last few?? I feel like I got everyone "worked up" here and that sure wasn't the plan. I was sooo excited wishing I didn't have the weekend planned out......just wanted to share what I was told so ones close to port could jump on the deal

QUITE possibly! it doesn't seem that there were many cancellations to start with... and the ship surely was full anyhow... i could definitely see a 'too hard to resist' deal, then booking at more 'regular' rates... but at the rates quoted to me, i don't think it's a deal... at all! :rolleyes:

and, no worries about getting anybody worked up, thank you for posting the heads up!

being close to the port, i was ready to discard the weekend plans for a last minute cruise deal / steal LOL... and i'm still going to pursue it, maybe they'll change their tune by the AM... so, thanks! :D

QUITE possibly! it doesn't seem that there were many cancellations to start with... and the ship surely was full anyhow... i could definitely see a 'too hard to resist' deal, then booking at more 'regular' rates... but at the rates quoted to me, i don't think it's a deal... at all! :rolleyes:

and, no worries about getting anybody worked up, thank you for posting the heads up!

being close to the port, i was ready to discard the weekend plans for a last minute cruise deal / steal LOL... and i'm still going to pursue it, maybe they'll change their tune by the AM... so, thanks! :D

Two couples that my brother's family run with are on the cruise that came in. I KNOW if I was already on it I would have tried to stay for the weekend! lol We live on a high hill and can see fireworks from the back deck as well as the front of the house. We always share with friends/family the view, so tied up. :rolleyes: Not that any of them would have been surprised by a call from us to cancel.....just couldn't do it. :( An 8.5 hour drive would have pushed it anyway. Good luck to you, I will be waiting to hear in the morning.

Kat

You weren't a stats major were you? ;)

No but my boss is. His title is Chief Information Officer and every time I make a comment about onboard credits and cruise credits (and how unfair it seems) that is what he tells me - "well if you like it at like this......" Yady, yady, yady :p

WELCOME HOME EVERYONE! AND GOD SPEED ALL YOU CRUISERS WHO ARE LEAVING TODAY!

. . . and the cvs i talked to said the same... though they did quote me the 558 (279 1A). i told them that was not what i expected at all :rolleyes:

Agreed.

$558 for one person in a 1A on an Ooops Cruise to Nowhere isn't a bargain at all.

I hope they'll still relent this morning for you to get a better deal, Mark.

I just called Carnival and was quoted $738 for a 1A single. Looks like they did not get many cancellations. That is up from the $529 I was quoted by my PVP yesterday. I am still going to call my PVP back this morning and see if she has anything different but it looks like better luck next time for me.

Ecstasy is here! So' date=' I guess we will sail today :)[/quote']

I HOPE YOU HAVE A GREAT TIME! If my sister and I had a few days off we probably could have joined you. I hear there are a few cabins that are going for a PREMIUM price. Oh well, in two years we both will be retired and we be able to pack and cruise at a moments notice.

that's terrible considering the additional expenses ya'll will now have to incur.

Why should Carnival (or any company) pay for weather-related delays? They can't control the weather. If the engine developed technical problems or some other Carnival-related problem and it caused a delay, then that would certainly warrant a larger credit, etc. As far as I'm concerned, Carnival is being more than generous. There's a certain amount of risk everyone takes when they embark on a cruise and only some of the risk can be attributed to the cruise operator.

Again when I saw the official offer from carnival I thought it was very generous. You should calm down...it's about customer service and no matter the issues you always want customers to feel important and taken care of..

well firefly made it in just in time...by the time I called that rate was gone unless I was interline, retired military, etc. The PVP now has my phone number and knows I can be at the port in 1.5 hours, so she will call me if anything changes.

The rates are back up to $279 right now. :(

well firefly made it in just in time...by the time I called that rate was gone unless I was interline, retired military, etc. The PVP now has my phone number and knows I can be at the port in 1.5 hours, so she will call me if anything changes.

The rates are back up to $279 right now. :(

I knew it would be to good to be true...I would love to have gone this weekend. Our first cruise was a cruise to nowhere, that we loved.

Thanks for giving us an update, if you hear more let us know.

Meme

The 3 day ctn I did on the Ecstasy due to hurricane Gustav was only $99 for the first two pax and $89 for 3rd and 4th for an ocean view! Sounds like Carnival got stingy on there last minute cruises!:mad:

We were on that same $99 CTN. I haven't seen a deal like that since! Bummer.

The 3 day ctn I did on the Ecstasy due to hurricane Gustav was only $99 for the first two pax and $89 for 3rd and 4th for an ocean view! Sounds like Carnival got stingy on there last minute cruises!:mad:

I wouldn't call it stingy. They'd offer rock-bottom rates if they needed to fill the ship. It looks like not many people canceled so there aren't a lot of empty cabins.

i spoke with my PVP this morning (past 11 or so because earlier they were still quoting the 279) and they've changed it up a bit...

based on single occupancy, including 22.08 tax for 1 pax:

320 interior or porthole

380 oceanview

520 balcony

for double occupancy, add another 22.08.

my PVP counted 25 available interiors, so there were a lot more cancellations than they were letting on last night...

BUT latest arrival at the port is 3PM. i can't swing that because i'm already at work, would need to pack, etc. :(

i wish they would have said all this last night! :mad:

so, anybody that is closer to port and not working, etc. - GO FOR IT! :)

Agreed.

$558 for one person in a 1A on an Ooops Cruise to Nowhere isn't a bargain at all.

I hope they'll still relent this morning for you to get a better deal, Mark.

yeah there was no way i was going to go for that...

and they did relent a bit this morning, but not leaving enough time to coordinate it all! :mad:

we are on our way to Galveston to get on the Ecstasy!!!!

We may post if we can't find anything to do! hahahahahahahaha

Alrighty!! So things did work out for you......congrats. You must let me know about what happened. lol

Have a WONDERFUL time!

Kat

I almost got my suitcases out last night, until I saw the ridiculously high prices. The last CTN I got was $149 pp for an OV. The insides were going for $99. I was sad to hear that they did have some $129 rates (we are military so I think we could have gotten that) but I didn't know about them til this morning. I'd have had to pack last night in order to make it in time. I guess the Ecstasy DOES command top dollar. I was sure hoping to be on that CTN today. :(

we are on our way to Galveston to get on the Ecstasy!!!!

We may post if we can't find anything to do! hahahahahahahaha

I hope you have a great time...Wish I could have gone too..Be sure to let us know how it went when you get back..

Meme:(

Archived