1/2 off Carnival gifts

brekin67

I have cruised once before and on the last night of the trip, all of the t-shirts were half off in the gift shop and a lot of the gifts were half off. Do the shirts go half off on the last night of every cruise, or was this just a random sale?

Yes, the sale is on every ship (as far as I know) but I've never noticed much on sale other than clothing and maybe a few totes/bags. However, all the merchandise I've ever seen on sale was generic "Carnival" stuff - no specific ship names.

when we were on the triumph last june, i did get 2 tshirts for 20.00. nicely made. as the other poster stated, generic as we were doing the 5 day to canada, but the shirt was for new england/canada cruise. but I know where i went lol and the other shirt i got for my grandson and it just said carnival on it with a pirate.. he liked it.. and thats what matters. though i did get my ornament and it did say the triumph on it :) (i collect ornaments for christmas)

Usually find some sales on the last day - when the shops are crammed full of cruisers buying those last minute souvenirs! :D - typcially 2 for 1 t-shirts - or 2 for $20, maybe a few other things as well? Just need to be patient to try and find the right sizes - and then line up to pay!

mohavemommy - You must have a beautiful tree...that's a great idea!! You can go down memory lane every year when you put up each ornament! :)

Yes, both cruises we've been on had sales towards the end. We'd pick out what we want in the early days and then just go in....grab and pay.... so we're not fighting the crowds too much trying to look around during the sale.

I have never seen half off. They have a set group of tee shirts, only sold the last day, at 2 for $20, they say regular $16.95.

They also had some really good deals in the photo shop, on albums of different sizes. I got the smaller one, less of a deal, but it had great shots of the ship. I got them just for the pictures in them, not to put my own pictures in them.

The "Half Off" promotion that you'll see on a couple of items on each and every cruise is a total ruse.

There are three particular items that are presented constantly: Two colors of CCL-branded windbreakers, CCL-branded short pants (predominantly khaki, but occasionally blue), and two colors of CCL-branded polos.

In September 2006 on Carnival Miracle, I bought one of the windbreakers because it was listed as "Half Off the regular price of $55. I thought my $27.50 had been spent on a real deal. That's me, Billy Bargain Shopper. :rolleyes:

That identical windbreaker in the same two colors is still available on every single cruise I've done since, and I was actually wearing mine on Carnival Dream this past February while in the onboard store. But now the Deal is "Half Off the regular price of $60".

They've also had this exact some 'special' running on the other two ships I did this year.

Archived