Jean Skirt OK?

MizzCard

I say Where what you are comfortable in and what YOU like, not the others who are sitting around you... If its going to ruin someones night because you're not dressed properly according to them, then let it ruin their night ... With all going on in this world I think a Jean skirt should be the least of someones problems. Go , enjoy yourself and have a great vacation. After all, it is a vacation.

I say Where what you are comfortable in and what YOU like, not the others who are sitting around you... If its going to ruin someones night because you're not dressed properly according to them, then let it ruin their night ... .

Absolutely! It's YOUR cruise and you paid for it, so just do anything you want and to hell with anyone else on the ship. It's all about YOU!!!!!!!

I'm glad you agree with me, thx.... Carrie

People can be a bit ridiculous at times, what some can afford maybe others cannot, everyone has different styles of everything... Thats what makes this world so diverse...

Maybe we should have some of our countries finest sit in the formal dining room in their army fatigues, people would stop and think whats really important, not what one is wearing..

Absolutely! It's YOUR cruise and you paid for it' date=' so just do anything you want and to hell with anyone else on the ship. It's all about YOU!!!!!!![/quote']

"We both say skip the skirt and dress accordingly, at least out of courtesy for the others who are dining around you. "

You've got to be kidding!!!! How can a denim skirt possibly affect other cruisers?? I've seen all kinds of clothing in the dining room - some I would wear, others I wouldn't - but it has never affected me personally what someone else chooses to wear. Just like I wouldn't want anyone dictating what they thought was proper for me to wear, I extend the same courtesy to others.

Wear what you're comfortable in and don't let others tell you that it's wrong. Sometimes it amazes me how opinionated some of the people on this board are.

Just my humble opinon!!

Soozin:( ;) :)

Just got back from a week cruise on RCCL's Splendour ... I'd definitely say no to any denim in the dining room. Like one post said, you won't be kicked out, but you'll probably feel funny as you'd stick out like a sore thumb. At minimal, folks were were Docker's type pants, lots were in dress slacks.

Skip the jean skirt. Enjoy dressing up for a change of pace from regular life!:)

You are ASSuming that she does not dress up often. It is possible that she "dresses-up" daily. You are also ASSuming that ALL people "enjoy" dressing up; this, simply, is NOT true.:o

Just my observations.;)

I'm glad you agree with me, thx.... Carrie

People can be a bit ridiculous at times, what some can afford maybe others cannot, everyone has different styles of everything... Thats what makes this world so diverse...

Maybe we should have some of our countries finest sit in the formal dining room in their army fatigues, people would stop and think whats really important, not what one is wearing..

Don't think that is going to happen. I believe that BDU's are not to be worn unless engaged in specific military procedures. All you soldiers please jump in and corect me if I am wrong.

I think that you would be much more likely to see our nations finest dressed appropriately in their dress uniforms. They know how to do it right.

celtic

On casual nights I think the jean skirt would be fine. Actually, other than our two formal nights, I couldn't tell the difference in the attire in the dining room (Radiance). I wore glitzy black pantsuits (not the same one) for the two formal nights and felt perfectly comfortable among the crowd. Some women had on long shiny dresses, but others just wore nice dresses - church-type.

On all the other nights I wore nice slacks with pretty sweater sets. I felt plenty dressed-up, and the others at our large table dressed along the same lines.

The only time I was appalled was on a formal night when I walked into the dining room behind a 30-ish year old guy wearing ragged cut-offs and a faded tee shirt with cracked lettering on it and flip-flops. I'm sure he did it to appear special, and it's that type of attitude I don't like. If he had worn nice shorts with a tucked-in golf shirt, I probably wouldn't have looked at him twice - even on formal night. I didn't notice if he was asked to leave, but I doubt it. Other than that, I didn't sit around and critique the clothes of the other diners.

If you're neat and clean, you're never too far out of place.

Have fun, Judy

Archived