OK, Tell me the truth

friisc1

Am seriously considering a Princess cruise with my sisters and mother in December. There would be 4 of us in the cabin and guess who would get one of the upper berths.:rolleyes: Is there a chance we'll still be speaking to each other when the cruise is over? I've never seen the rooms for 4 so don't have any idea how small a size we're talking about. HELP, anyone?

Best thing to do is hit the Princess board. You will find lots more people there with exactly the experience you are looking for. Good luck with the upper; I suggest not drinking any liquids after 9:00pm. :)

It's true you will get some specific advice about cabin sizes etc if you ask on the Princess board. If you need to share a cabin to make the trip a go, then I say go for it! Although the cabins are small, the ship is big and you will spend most of your time out and about. We pretty much only used our cabin for sleeping and changing. Try to be reasonable about the amount of "stuff" you bring to help save space. You will have lots of fun!

You didn't mention the length? 4nts, 7, more?

My wife and I once did a 3nt with MIL, GMIL. The three generations of ladies did have to work a schedule for getting dressed each evening, but it was no issue with close family members.

Not sure on Princess, but I have seen posts on RCI about using the gym or spa's shower, to avoid waiting on the one in your cabin at peak times.

For 3nts, I found the upper bunk to be just fine. Well, except the 3 foot gap between my wife and I....

If it is a choice between sailing or not, the answer is obvious. However, if history shows yall can argue a lot (and keep a grudge), then maybe not....

Am seriously considering a Princess cruise with my sisters and mother in December. There would be 4 of us in the cabin and guess who would get one of the upper berths.:rolleyes: Is there a chance we'll still be speaking to each other when the cruise is over? HELP, anyone?[/quote

IF you are on speaking terms by the end of the cruise, I do not believe that you will be complimenting each other! Some of you could consider using a pubic washroom, for make up, you will of course have to get up in shifts.:D :D :D My wife and I enjoyed this thread. john taylor Good luck. :)

My mom, grandma and I are going on Carnival Inspiration next January. We were originally supposed to have four people and were planning on two rooms just to have the extra bathroom. But since it's just the three of us and we're very comfortable with each other, we figure it's okay for the three of us to stay in one room. For the four of you, a second room might be good.

We booked our first cruise in an inside cabin with 5 people. As long as you are aware of your space limitations you will be fine. TO book us into 2 rooms would have cost an extra 700.00 (lot of money for a cabin)

Gettting ready for dinner may be your biggest headache- I suggest you''all head to the gym to take your showers. Lots more space and you can kill 4 birds with one stone.

An over the door shoe holder--one with 12 compartments will help keep the cabin somewhat organized. Even get two--one for bathroom stuff and the other for outside stuff like perfumes/sunscreens etc. Keep your stuff off the counter top for 4 people can make even the most sanest person crazy.

Store empty luggage under the bed and dirty clothes go back into the suitcase when finished.

Four adults in a regular cabin would be a bit tight. If you can book a mini suite, it might be OK. But you could book two balcony cabins for less total price than four in a mini suite on the cruise I checked (Golden, 12/10/05). Cruises in early December are usually a bargain. Christmas and New Year's are outrageously priced.

As the above posted suggested, "...if you book a mini-suite..." I think you would be more comfortable however, in two more modestly priced cabins. Two less expsive cabins, rather than a mini-suite for 4 would probably cost about the same. I think you would be (I know I would be more comfortable) in the two cheaper cabins than the one suite.

we've sailed on 4 different lines and had balcony rooms on each... the grand princess was the smallest cabin of them all... it was doable with just 2 of us, but it certainly would have been a bad scene with 4... the cabin was very noticably smaller, so i'd consider 2 rooms if you can... we had a great time anyway, just because we were cruising, but if you need a little 'space' a princess cabin doesn't have it...

My mom, grandma and I are going on Carnival Inspiration next January. We were originally supposed to have four people and were planning on two rooms just to have the extra bathroom. But since it's just the three of us and we're very comfortable with each other, we figure it's okay for the three of us to stay in one room. For the four of you, a second room might be good.

ehpride, i think 3 of you in a carnival room will be just fine... carnival has the largest rooms of any of the lines we've sailed...

On my very first cruise, back in 1990, we were on a small Carnival ship (no longer in service, at least not by Carnival).

Our table mates were 4 20-something friends travelling together and sharing one cabin. Their cabin was down the corridor from ours, so we passed it several times.

Once, their door was open, so we glanced in. It looked like a hurricane had been through there. Stuff was EVERYWHERE! It was hilarious.

We asked them about it at dinner that night, and they said they'd tried to keep things neat and orderly for about 3 days, but it was really hard. Finally, on about day 4, they just decided to give up and not fight the mess.

They had a great time. Morning and getting-ready-for-dinner times were the worst, but they made it work.

Of course, they were, like I said, 20-something. Their approach might not work for people of a different age-group.

T

With four in a room, it's going to be very tight. Just using the one small bathroom will be a problem. Also, if you're going on a 7 day cruise, there's absolutely not going to be enough storage space for all your clothes, personal supplies and all your luggage.

Luggage can be stored under the bed, if it fits, or by your cabin steward, so don't let that stop you.

Perhaps some personal items can be shared? A hair dryer, for instance. Perhaps, too, you could get by sharing hair products, toothpaste. I know everybody has their favorite brand, but heck, it's only a week. I'm not suggesting you share a toothbrush, make up, things of that nature.

I think with careful planning, avoiding bringing duplicate items, and a healthy respect for people's "space", it can be managed.

Too bad you're not going on Carnival. I understand they have the biggest cabins in the industry. It used to be true, don't know if still is.

T

Sounds like a great slumber party to me! As long as you are all best friends you will be fine! Brings back memories of the collage quad I shared! 22 years later, we could share a closet, and still remember the "rules." (took about 3 years to figure out!) That's why we love each other still! And that reminds me...we need to book that "old collage roomie" reunion cruise!!!:D

Sounds like a great slumber party to me! As long as you are all best friends you will be fine! Brings back memories of the collage quad I shared! 22 years later, we could share a closet, and still remember the "rules." (took about 3 years to figure out!) That's why we love each other still! And that reminds me...we need to book that "old collage roomie" reunion cruise!!!:D

You had to share a closet??? I don't think my clothes and my roommates clothes would all fit!!!

Archived