Cruising during August in the Carabean/Bahamas?

Mikiejag

I originally was going to sail in July (11), but then noticed the prices drop fairly substantially during August, but are the hurricaines/weather a big problem or not really and someone is just taking a chance?

I only ask because it drop a couple $100 for the weeks in August and I wondered what the reason was.

Thank

Although it isn't August my wife and I have cruised in the Caribbean 7 of the past 8 years the third week of Sept.. We have not had any problems nor have we worried about cruising in the Caribbean during hurricane season. Actually the only Sept cruise that we had problems with a hurricane was when we got hammered by Hurricane Ivan while on a Canada/New England cruise! Book away, take travel insurance, and enjoy your cruise!!

We don't cruise in the Carribean from June - October. This isn't because we are worried about hurricanes -- it's simply because the weather is very hot, humid and rainy. You may want to do some weather checks for the destinations you are considering prior to booking. If you can tolerate the weather, go for it:)

SO maybe it is more about school and less about the weather, although heat and such is always a concern, maybe it is more about the time frame...

Makes sense, and although it is important to go to school, missing one week has never hurt anyone.. :D

Kids are 10 & 11.

Archived