is oceana stable in rough seassailing to

margotdrever

We had a extremely rough night on Oceana in the med a few years ago. In calm seas you could hardly tell you were moving but when it was really rough I had to take a sea sickness tablet. To be honest I have been on 4 cruises and Oceana is no more or less stable than any of the other ships I have been on. I did the Caribbean on Ventura last year and in general the seas were calm so I think you will be fine.

Chris

Bay of Biscay force 9/10 not very stable, bounced about a bit. The pitching is ok, but the roll was not so good in combination. 25 people got off in Lisbon and flew home. Missed the best bit, the return journey across the bay again:D:D

The bay was fine for us, it was the leg between Monaco and Ibiza that was really rough. I guess we were just lucky.

I don't care which ship your on when its really windy with high waves your going to feel some movement. The sick bags were out on our cruise on Oceana and its the only time I have ever seen them. But it was not that bad, once I had taken a sea sickness tablet I was fine. I felt completely safe the whole time too. My mum get really sea sick and she has never had a problem cruising, at this very moment she is on Artemis in the Baltic, I hope the sea is calm.

Chris

We had a severe storm sailing back from Norway, even lost the satellite dome which ended up in the pool.... we lay on the bed and hung on !:D

p9050279.jpg

p9050280.jpg

But saying that she is not better or worse than the other ships :)

Bay of Biscay force 9/10 not very stable, bounced about a bit. The pitching is ok, but the roll was not so good in combination. 25 people got off in Lisbon and flew home. Missed the best bit, the return journey across the bay again:D:D

The bay of Biscay is a well known rough spot..............:eek::eek:.....One of the perils of sailing from Southampton..........:(

One of the perils of sailing from Southampton..........????????

One of the JOYS.....:D:D:D

:)Happy Cruising:)

:cool:

Dai

Some interesting chat about the seas. A couple of weeks ago we crossed from New York to Southampton on QM2 and the Captain gave a lecture - first time I'd come across something more than Q&A's from a Captain. He was talking about the merits of liners against the modern ships, eg considerably more bracing, more powerful engines and hull 33% thicker - also the effect of the long bow compared with short ones. He said they had recently crossed the Atlantic and hit a bad storm. QM2 slowed down slightly but got to New York on time. The similar size ship "? Of The Seas" was nearby but had to stop and ride out the storm before arriving in New York two days late. So it appears it is not only the seas but the type of ship. He said, however, QM2 did cost £200M more!

Archived