Latitudes - extra credit for suite guests?

oliverweagle

Hi there - I was wondering whether NCL offers "bonus" points or extra credit for suite guests - or is it based on total cruises taken with NCL regardless?

Thank you,

Ollie

No, there is no additional latitudes credit for suite passengers at this time... HOWEVER, you get tons of perks for being in a suite that even a platinum latitudes member could never hope to have...

Doesn't make sense, does it? :confused:

It does if you think about what they are rewarding you for. You are being rewarded for your loyalty, not your ability to spend money. Your reward for your ability to spend money is in the form of suite perks.

Just for grins- 1 nighter inside $244.62 pp, 1 nighter AA $924.62 pp. 14 nighter (transatlantic) inside $836.38 pp (equals $59.74 per night); 14 nighter (transatlantic) AA $5126.38 pp (equals $366.17 per night). No point to this, I was just curious.

It does if you think about what they are rewarding you for. You are being rewarded for your loyalty, not your ability to spend money. Your reward for your ability to spend money is in the form of suite perks.

They don't really award for loyalty. Someone who cruise once a year on NCL and not at all on the other cruiselines is more loyal than someone who cruise twice a year on NCL and twice a year on RCI! Of course NCL can't forbid anyone to cruise on other cruiselines, but those who don't are still more loyal!

They don't really award for loyalty. Someone who cruise once a year on NCL and not at all on the other cruiselines is more loyal than someone who cruise twice a year on NCL and twice a year on RCI! Of course NCL can't forbid anyone to cruise on other cruiselines, but those who don't are still more loyal!

I don't totally agree with your logic. I book cruises based on itinerary and price, and look at NCL first. If they don't provide what I want, I look elsewhere. I consider myself very loyal to NCL.

With NCL pulling out of the Mexican Riviera market, I will probably be booking with other lines. That does not diminish my loyalty to NCL.

Simple answer if I was runing the program is to mirror Jet Blue. One point toward future loyalty perks for every $ spent not based on flights or miles. CAS in fact does that now for gamblers. Those that wager more get better perks on their next cruise up to free suites.

I would want to make sure I did everything to get those who spend more for cruises and just as important onboard back on an NCL ship. These could be people that book suites every year or several inside cabins a year.

NCL is way behind the times with their Latitudes program. Corporate needs to take care of those who are loyal and also spend money. I would mirror Starwood Preferred Guest.

Even Continental Airlines added a tier for those flyers who spend over $30,000.

Platnium perks are just about worthless and once you reach that tier, there

is no incentive to continue with NCL. Royal Cruise lines rewards their Diamond Plus members with VIP services. NCL should have a tier that rewards platniums that spend alot of money with extra perks like Cagney's or reduced pricing for space available suites

I don't totally agree with your logic. I book cruises based on itinerary and price, and look at NCL first. If they don't provide what I want, I look elsewhere. I consider myself very loyal to NCL.

With NCL pulling out of the Mexican Riviera market, I will probably be booking with other lines. That does not diminish my loyalty to NCL.

I don't totally agree with your logic but I really understand what you mean! In areas where NCL don't cruise, it's not possible to choose NCL. Someone who is very loyal to NCL should choose to cruise in an area where NCL offer cruises but I really understand what you mean!

Though I can see where the logic may not make sense, it is what it is.

Their loyalty program is simple and easy to understand. You get recognized for the number of cruises you take on NCL. That's all it is supposed to do. And, unlike airlines that are pretty a commodity, they really do not need much of a program. Not like you pick NCL over another cruiseline just cause you might get points or something.

NCL is way behind the times with their Latitudes program. Corporate needs to take care of those who are loyal and also spend money. I would mirror Starwood Preferred Guest.

Even Continental Airlines added a tier for those flyers who spend over $30,000.

Platnium perks are just about worthless and once you reach that tier, there

is no incentive to continue with NCL. Royal Cruise lines rewards their Diamond Plus members with VIP services. NCL should have a tier that rewards platniums that spend alot of money with extra perks like Cagney's or reduced pricing for space available suites

If you....or anyone else for that matter....think that spending $$ should also bring it's own reward (in addition to the enjoyment and use of the item on which you are spending the money in the first place) then simply get a Credit Card with a good rewards program and place all of your cruise spending on it. That way, you will always get rewarded for the $$ that you spend...in addition to the number of times that you choose NCL for your vacations.

As you probably know...and like it or not...NCL already has a Credit Card with Cruise-Related Rewards, just for this purpose.

So...we have a program that rewards for choosing NCL.

We have a program that rewards for spending $$.

Yet...we're still not satisfied?

Simple answer if I was runing the program is to mirror Jet Blue. One point toward future loyalty perks for every $ spent not based on flights or miles. CAS in fact does that now for gamblers. Those that wager more get better perks on their next cruise up to free suites.

I would want to make sure I did everything to get those who spend more for cruises and just as important onboard back on an NCL ship. These could be people that book suites every year or several inside cabins a year.

I agree that it would be nice if NCL revamped their methods of assigning Latitudes points, but I'm not certain it should be done by the amount of money one spends. My feeling is that NCL should do what other cruise lines are doing - assigning rewards levels based upon the number of days you've sailed. This would result in a 1 day cruise being worth less than a 14 day cruise, which seems appropriate to me. Just my opinion, though.

NCL needs to make money, therefore, if they give MORE lattitudes points for onboard spending, people might be apt to spend more. I know that when I stay in a hotel, I will get more Starwood Points if I dine in the hotel restaurant. Therefore the hotel makes more money.

NCL needs to think about their revenues. It is not fair to them if someone takes 15 one day cruises out of NY in an inside cabin and becomes a platnium. Someone who cruises 15 times in a Garden Villa gets the same benefits. Come on let NCL make money...

Look at Starwood or even Amtrak for that matter they reward points and benefits on money spent

Same credit for a 1 night cruise to nowhere in an inside as for a 14 night in a Garden Villa.

An that is just wrong. Back on the NY Times blog, Mr Sheehan said they were looking at changing it, but nothing since.

Al

Come on folks. Have you looked at what you get, even at the higher level. It is nothing. ZIP.

This is not like a credit card program, and probably should not be. It is to recognize those that cruise often. It is not a rewards program at all.

In fact, you can almost wonder if they should do anything at all. Would you really book a suite or more cruises just to get a higher level?

absolutely. I would book a bigger suite if I got more perks. Look as CAS, they give perks based of $$$ spent. This is a no brainer

Are you saying you would book a suite vs a balcony (or less) so that you can get a higher lattitude level? Meaning, you would spend $2-$4k more on a cruise, so that you can get maybe $100 in perks? Really?

i wouldn't spend 2-4 k more on a suite just to get $100 in perks but if they had a threshold above platnium, I would try and achieve it. Take for instance, frequent flyers. There are people who fly around the world in December to achieve their platnium status. If NCL made their highest status worthwhile many cruisers would try and reach the level. For instance, if you get a certain amount of points on cruises you would reach a high level where you would get maybe space available suite upgrades at a good price and be able to access Cagney's at lunch and breakfast.

Archived