eggs benedict

Do you mean for breakfast, in the MDR? Or Room Service? Or elsewhere?

Eggs Benedict were certainly on the breakfast menu in the MDR on Freedom...they were delicious. Hope they haven't got rid of them!

We were on the Serenade of the Seas the first of June. Eggs benedict was not on the menu, but we heard two different people order it off menu. Whatever you do, don't miss the chocolate breakfast! Yum!

We were on the Serenade of the Seas the first of June. Eggs benedict was not on the menu, but we heard two different people order it off menu. Whatever you do, don't miss the chocolate breakfast! Yum!

What's a chocolate breakfast? :)

I have not been on a cruise yet where the eggs benedict in the MDR didn't have hard yolks. YUCK!!! I like my yolks runny not hard. I gave up after the last cruise. I sent the eggs back and they remade them the same way.

I am glad to hear they are so accomodating. We really enjoyed the eggs benedict when they were on the menu. Not the world's best by any means...but not horrible either. However, it makes no sense to me why they would continue to make them upon request after having taken them off the menu. Why remove them from the menu and then still make them? Goofy! Not that hard to make and not that expensive. We think they should have left them on the menu!

It's new....:) Just watched a video on facebook about it.....chocolate waffles, chocolate pancakes....YUM! There will be chocolate specials every day!

Mmmmm! Hope they introduce that on Indy by next August! :)

Well the problem on Carnival was that the sauce was a funky sauce. I guess I like mine runny too but the sauce was just really weird. Can't describe it

I was on Carnival Spirit in May. Although I found most of the food to be great, I agree about the eggs benedict. I am not convinced it was real hollondaise sauce. It was kind of powdery - maybe it came from a mix. They were really stingy with it too!

On another thread someone mentioned a pic of it looked like it was sitting under a heat lamp or something ... I agree. Mine didn't taste all that fresh

Thanks for the responses, can't live without my eggs benedict and I sailed on carnival they were awful.
I know what you mean but I found that if you order them with the sauce on the side they are great. None of that brown film on top. I think they put them under the broiler or the heat lamp. Whatever they do ruins them. I just spoon the sauce on the eggs when they arrive at the table and ask for the pepper mill and they are just fine.

What's a chocolate breakfast? :)
Apparently it was tested on the Oasis and will become fleet wide. Once during the cruise in the main dining room they will have chocolate pancakes, waffles, milkshakes etc. But I don't think they have chocolate bagels.

Thanks for the responses, can't live without my eggs benedict and I sailed on carnival they were awful.

Hey Jenn, glad to see we will be able to order the eggs benedict. You are right about Carnivals being awful. I took one bit and that was all that i could eat of it.:eek:

They also have daily specials that include salmon benedict and crabcake benedict. Yummmm.

*emphasis in quote mine*

I love to have them substitute the smoked salmon for the canadian bacon on the eggs benedict. It used to be no problem, but now must be cleared by one of the head waiters. It usually is, when they understand that it is no extra as there is plenty of smoked salmon in the Windjammer, etc. It is just a substitution that needs to be OK'ed.

Archived