Shareholder OBC Question - Millennium

Cruising Gal

Hello, I called Celebrity to book a cruise on the Millennium 7 day Alaska next month and asked them about the shareholder OBC. This will be my first Celebrity cruise however I have cruised on Royal before and have appreciated the OBC from owning shares of stock.

I asked the representative if I could use my RCCL shares for my Celebrity cruise and she said that Celebrity doesn't have that program. However, looking back through posts, I'm seeing that there is a shareholder credit program. So, I'm confused.

If someone could please clarify, that would be great. If I can apply my shares for credit for my 7 day cruise next month, how do I do it?

Thanks in advance!

Thank you so much for your help and for the link!!

I will follow up with Celebrity in the morning, however in reading the link, it led me to another question. I ultimately booked the cruise through a TA instead of Celebrity. While the price was the same, the TA offered an on board credit, which is hopefully in the system.

However, when I just now read the link you sent regarding the shareholder credit, I read the following -- does this mean that I would not be able to use the TA OBC and the shareholder OBC?

"Please note that as of December 31, 2008, the Shareholder Onboard Credit is no longer combinable with other Onboard Booking Credits, Loyalty Programs and/or other Reduced Fare Offerings."

Yes, you can have the shareholder benefit plus the obc from your TA. You canNOT combine the shareholder benefit with any other discounts or benefits from the cruiseline, such as obcs you get from booking onboard a cruise or coupon discounts through captains club, etc. Simply, if the benefit comes from the cruiseline, you cannot combine with shareholder benefit. If it comes from your TA, you can combine. Hope this helps. (We have done this - combined shareholder OBC with obc from TA.)

Doris

For our upcoming RCCL cruise, we used a coupon from Crown & Anchor and also have had our shareholder credit applied. Our invoice reflects the reduction in price for the coupon and I have a confirming email from shareholder benefit saying the OBC has been applied. We have never had the opportunity to use a Capt. Club coupon along with shareholder OBC, but assume it would work the same way.

• 2 weeks later...
My last cruise I was told I could not have Amex Platinum OBC and shareholder credit

That is because the AMEX Platinum OBC and any additional amenities are actually paid for by Celebrity and not AMEX. We were in the same situation with a cruise last year and ended up transferring our booking to another non-AMEX TA who offered an OBC, which was accepted with the shareholder credit.

That is because the AMEX Platinum OBC and any additional amenities are actually paid for by Celebrity and not AMEX. We were in the same situation with a cruise last year and ended up transferring our booking to another non-AMEX TA who offered an OBC, which was accepted with the shareholder credit.

That's very interesting. You learn something everyday. I have an 11 night cruise booked through Celebrity. My intent was to transfer to an agent for an OBC and one who would work with AMEX Platinum ( I would get 100 plus wine plus one night specialty rest.) Was also hoping to use shareholder credit (200 I believe). I also saw a coupon from a Celebrity newsletter for 125 which I would use. Based upon your comments I would have to forego the AMEX or SHB. I am surprised to learn benefit comes from Celebrity instead of AMEX. Thanks for the info.

just follow the information provided on the link already posted. We usually just fax everything, although last time we did have to get a printout of our shares with a recent date so they knew that we still owed the stock - we have never gotten a response (expect for the one time requesting current date of ownership) from them but the credit always appeared on our shipboard acct a few days after we boarded the ship.

I've found the best way to request the shareholder credit is via email by attaching a scan of the required documents. If you do this and request an email confirmation you'll usually receive one within a day or two. Also, if there are any issues with the OBC conflicting with another OBC they will tell you about it and which one they've eliminated (they will let you keep the higher of the conflicting OBC). So at least you'll know well ahead of time about these credits.

Archived