Door Decorating, do Princess cruisers do it?

rannfar

I put printer magnet paper in my printer all the time. As long as you buy printer magnet paper, it will work fine in most printers (not a laser). You can get it on eBay, at Staples, Office Max.

We got our magnetic paper on line - usually about 5 sheets in a pack (A4 size). It is thicker than normal paper, but quite flexible. Didn't try it through the printer, but you can stick things to it.

If you have a Michaels crafts store' date=' or some other arts and crafts store, they may have small sheets of magnet paper in stock. You can glue paper to it. My hubby has taken foam core that has been decorated (or glue an illustration to the foam core), and that seems to work really well. He had cut out the world map of the ports from a Princess cruise atlas, glued it to foam core, and then glue that to a magnet sheet. It's on the side of our refrigerator.[/quote']

I wouldn't spend a lot of time on it. Two years ago at christmas,

I put stocking on our door, and my parents door.

Someone stole them.

The stockings had come from the dollar store. Sheesh.

I put printer magnet paper in my printer all the time. As long as you buy printer magnet paper, it will work fine in most printers (not a laser). You can get it on eBay, at Staples, Office Max.

Thanks, I will try it on the dot matrix printer. I lost the original packaging, so wasn't sure if it would go through the printer. It works very well for attaching photos, etc. to the fridge.

Someone stole them.

Why are some people so mean spirited?

I love when someone uses their imagination and hopes to make other's smile!

I appreciate your thought and I'm sorry for the actions of thoughtless other's!

The 99cent store or dollar stores are great for door decorations, like leis, mini sombreros, tropical items or other items which can be personalized for the cruise. While some mean spirited teens or other people have removed them it only cost a dollar or two and didn't cause any real upset. Also if you have someone with a birthday or anniversary during the cruise Princess does put ballons on the cabin door if requested. Personally, I no longer do the decorations because of luggage weight regulations (I like to bring lots of clothes and shoes), but I enjoy seeing other's decorations.

My sister and I sailed on the Emerald last Halloween. Unbeknowst to us at the time of booking, it was an advertised "singles" cruise. These fine folks went all out with costumes and door decorations :D It was fun to wander cabin alleyways and see all the clever door displays - made us wish that we had thought about doing this along with our costumes.

Sailing on the CB to Canada/New England 9/25/10.

Chris

Congratulations...you have my condolences. You're world will NEVER be the same, either will your nerves!

Thanks for both. I have already stocked up on plenty of chocolate to last the five years or so.

Someone stole them.

Definitely don't put up anything you find valuable.

Oh Gawd I hope not....so tacky. Can't people just enjoy themselves without going to these extremes.

Sheesh. Nobody is saying you must decorate your cabin. And if you are walking past a cabin door that you find is tacky, just keep goin'. Let others enjoy themselves -- this is not hurting anyone, not even you.

It's not meant for a dot matrix..at least not the kind I have. Mine says ink jet right on it.

I do find that by personalizing my items, no one steals them (at least not so far).

Thanks, I will try it on the dot matrix printer. I lost the original packaging, so wasn't sure if it would go through the printer. It works very well for attaching photos, etc. to the fridge.

It's not meant for a dot matrix..at least not the kind I have. Mine says ink jet right on it.

I do find that by personalizing my items, no one steals them (at least not so far).

Oops, I did mean the ink jet:o. Dot matrix printer is gathering dust in the loft.

• 2 months later...

I began decorating the area near our door about 3 years ago. Nothing elaborate, just a little banner with a string that I can loop around the mail holder near the door. After the first day, I noticed that other people had little token decorations on their mail holder also. It helps you find your cabin when all those numbers begin to run together. Plus, it's just fun to be a little different.

We decorated our doors on the Caribbean Princess over the summer. It was fun, and it specifically helped my mother find her cabin. We were a party of 10, and had 5 cabins.

I bought summer cut-outs from Party City (a variety pack) and a roll of magnetic tape from Michaels Craft store. We wrote the first names of each cruiser on a cut-out. I cut the magnets into strips and affixed them to the back of the cut-out. Then, we stuck them onto the appropriate door.

It didn't look tacky - it was fun. There were a lot of cabins decorated by Princess with occasion balloons and such, so we kind of blended in. (Our cabin had anniverary balloons too).

Archived