Tutti salad bar?

I made the mistake of ordering a meal in the MDR & getting a "small" salad from the salad bar. I found out, they don't do small! I asked for a little of this & a little of that, etc. & what I got was a huge salad. I don't like wasting food, so I ate my meal & huge salad & waddled back to my cabin for a nap!

Voyager of the Seas had this also. And you can still order other items from the MDR lunch menu in addition to the salad.

This salad bar is one of my favorite things on a cruise. I add a desert from the menu and my lunch is complete. You can order anything on the menu and have the salad bar, too.

Yes, I have taken my salad to the Windjammer when DH didn't want salad. Just get a large napkin to throw over it as you "travel" so that people aren't breathing and coughing into it on the elevator, etc.:eek:

Sounds good, thanks!

I'm pretty sure that iceberg lettuce was one of the choices. Also romaine, spinach, mixed greens.

We tried once to have just that fantastic salad for lunch - really it would have been more than sufficient by itself - but the waitstaff was nearly insulted that we didn't order anything else!! So we ended up ordering something else and couldn't do more than eat a couple bites of it. We did tell them absolutely NO to dessert though! At that point, I didn't care if I made them cry, I was so full! :eek:

• 4 months later...
Can somebody tell me if this Tutti Fruitti salad bar is free or is it part of the "extra charges" restaurants.

It is complimentary as it is in the main dining room during lunch. You are seated for lunch and can order off the menu and/or go up to the salad bar.

Ask for the dressing on the side, they do get very carried away and put in a lot of dressing. If you don't like everything chopped up, you can choose what you want and just have them pour it into a bowl. It was very good and with bread, it made a great meal. Of course, there are also hot entrees on warmers next to the salad bar, it's like eating at a buffet without going to the Windjammer. Robert

Ask for the dressing on the side, they do get very carried away and put in a lot of dressing. If you don't like everything chopped up, you can choose what you want and just have them pour it into a bowl. It was very good and with bread, it made a great meal. Of course, there are also hot entrees on warmers next to the salad bar, it's like eating at a buffet without going to the Windjammer. Robert

What ship had hot entrees next to the tutti salad station???? They dont have that on Explorer. They had proscuitto..but nothing hot like an entree and nothing hot. Also, they wil put on less dressing if you ask...Personally we all <3 the concept of chopped salad.

What ship had hot entrees next to the tutti salad station???? They dont have that on Explorer. They had proscuitto..but nothing hot like an entree and nothing hot. Also, they wil put on less dressing if you ask...Personally we all <3 the concept of chopped salad.

I seem to recall seeing some warming trays. It was either the Majesty or the Oasis and I am leaning toward the Oasis.

I am glad that you mentioned that, because they can get carried away with the chopping, so I opt out and ask for my dressing on the side as well.

"Tutti" is Italian for "everything", "all".

:)

I was wondering about the name!

Couple comments:

I don't see how this can taste so good -- it's just salad! -- but it does.

I didn't see any hot entrees on the side (Liberty).

They'd put on one small scoop of dressing, then ask if you wanted another -- I liked having control over "how much".

A tutti salad + dessert is a perfect lunch. Wish I could have it here at home.

Yeah I think the Oasis had a couple hot entrees next to the Tutti salad bar. I think there was like some couscous in there and maybe some lamb? I can't remember exactly what it was, all I remember it was gross stuff that I was not interested in.

The Salad Bar is amazing though!

Yeah I think the Oasis had a couple hot entrees next to the Tutti salad bar. I think there was like some couscous in there and maybe some lamb? I can't remember exactly what it was, all I remember it was gross stuff that I was not interested in.

The Salad Bar is amazing though!

The menu and salad bar both have lots of options. Perhaps what is “gross” to you might be appetizing to others, or the other way around.

M

Archived