Tried a Five Guys - Perish the Thought of Wanting Them on a Carnival Ship

MrPete

I`m not sure which is longer; this thread or your siggie, but let me clear your question up......

A previous post suggested putting a 5 Guys on board a Carnival ship, A LA RCCL`s Johnny Rockets. The OP of that thread wanted to know what other additions they`d like to see added to a Carnival ship, but many could not even understand an addition of a "PAY FOR" burger joint. when Carnival had its own fresh grill, with made to order burgers.

Some of us (many) never even heard of 5 Guys, and I know I was wondering if this was better that what was already offered.

On a return trip from HHI, I found one, wanted to report back on that post, but, alas, it was gone......

And it is fun..alternative burgers at sea..lol.

Ok..read the article..so true...

There is an Oregon only chain I beleive..Burgerville..with some of the 50's thing though not at all to the degree of what Johnny's or Sonic's appears to be to me.

They were using Black Angus beef from Montana for a while..

Burger's changed taste when they went to the Oregon beef..still good..not as good..smiles.

sjn911

Thanks for the article Mr. Pete...and have a good weekend. Glad they pointed out InO's reasons for non expansion. And a 20 minute wait for a 3x3 rankles no one, but 15 minutes in line for cook to order Mongolian Grill on ship with no where else to go has pax screaming about slow serve. Go figure.

BTW, last night, we were at a local pizza/family resturant that's in a strip mall and is next door to the local 5 Guys. 5 guys had 2 people in line and plenty of open tables, local pizza place was full and had 10 minute table waits. Just saying...

We still have those here in San Antonio and yes that is a good burger! Also a place called Chester's...very good burgers there too.

Are there any Fuddruckers still around? The one here in CT closed years ago. There was one we stopped at in FL a few years ago post cruise (Miami area)

Now that was a good burger and BIG. :)

We still have Fuddruckers here too.

A lot of places like that have combined around here. For example a place here that sells tasty chicken, croissants and jam, and great burgers is now called CluckersSmuckersFuddruckers. Try saying that five times really fast. :)

A lot of places like that have combined around here. For example a place here that sells tasty chicken' date=' croissants and jam, and great burgers is now called CluckersSmuckersFuddruckers. Try saying that five times really fast. :)[/quote']

I'd get tongue tied saying it once!:p

Are there any Fuddruckers still around? The one here in CT closed years ago. There was one we stopped at in FL a few years ago post cruise (Miami area)

fuddruckers still around in PA. One thats near me just opened a few years ago

Same to you! What little is left! Leaves are already falling! :(

Too soon :mad:..windy but pretty sunny sunset here, colder than usual sunmmer but sill 75 out there now, a thrill let me tell you ...missed a lot to day I think...too fun researching beaches and islands new to me, thanks for that link..sjn

Yes still going concern in Billings,MT and PDX area as far as I know..lot more salad options too etc.

A lot of places like that have combined around here. For example a place here that sells tasty chicken' date=' croissants and jam, and great burgers is now called CluckersSmuckersFuddruckers. Try saying that five times really fast. :)[/quote']

That's something..

We have a brand new Baja Fresh in combo with a Canyon burger place???

so they serve beer and liquer too...but stll fast foodish counter orders.

I know you all were dyng to see these continued details..sjn:p.

They just opened in Vacaville CA last week. We are going for lunch tomorrow.

My son-in-law just loves them and he is a burger connoisseur!

As for In-& -Out, They're okay, but I am not a fan of the "fresh fries" that make them so famous. They just seem under done and bland tasting to me.

But I agree Animal style is the way to go with the burger!

We still have Fudruckers here in Northern Ca, Now that is a good burger!

Archived