Tried a Five Guys - Perish the Thought of Wanting Them on a Carnival Ship

MrPete

It was JUST as bad as a Johnny Rockets burger.

I'm QUITE happy with the free stuff they offer at the grill.

Was it in Bluffton? Saw one there as we were leaving the island 1 week ago tomorrow. We live in Ohio (surprise, someone from ohio visited hhi). Just wanted to say I'm jealous you live there. We've been there about 10x's and are always depressed after we leave.

The Squat and Gobble has the best french toast ever.

I'm done with hijacking the thread. Hope you are loving life there, I wish I was living there.

5 Guys isn't bad. Yes, it's greasy.. certainly not something you should eat with any regularity.

Now, the day that a cruise line announces a partnership with In-n-Out burger is the day I become their customer for life.

We went there once, never again... because they had nothing for me. I literally was the party pooper sitting there waiting to go to a Wendy's drive thru.

I don't like big beef burgers and I don't regularly like hot dogs, especially in Chicago where they yell at you if you ask for ketchup :rolleyes:

Why can't they offer a salad, a chicken burger, or a veggie burger? It's not that hard to do. Everybody else does it.

I don't get what's the big deal about In and Out. I had my first one in California this summer.....over rated!

I agree. Last time we flew to Hawaii we spent a few days on a stopover in LA and we had one. They were fine, maybe a little better than a typical fast food burger but I agree a bit over rated.

I was going to try 5 Guys after the raves here but I noticed at the one that just opened, it was packed for the first week or so but now hardly anyone is in there and now with Pete's review I think I'll skip it. We grill our own burgers at home using Angus grass fed beef and some special seasonings (it's a secret blend!) and nothing at a fast food place compares imo.

To each their own I guess. The 6 stores in our area don't want for customers.

thank you Cristallo.. as an employee at a Five guys here in Canada I can honestly says we are busy 90% of the time..We have only 5 stores in Canada right now but by 2012 we will have 51...Thank you for your feedback

Ok so some of you have sounded off about the prices and some about the grease..yes we are a bit pricey but really when you look a the quality of the food it is miles better then something you can get at the golden arches by way of hamburgers ( and I used to manager 6 Mcstores).

Our team is in the store at 8 AM rolling meat balls out of real meat nothing like a frozen pressed pattie that you have no idea what the fillers are, and our potatoe guy is cutting potatoes fresh every morning and through out the day. Our other prep team is cutting fresh veggies for your toppings nothing out of the freezer or a package... Our fries are deep fried in peanut oil ( a healthier frying option, unless you are allergic) and our fries are not coated in beef talo unlike some of our competitors.. which is one of most unhealthy things known to man...So the price yes is a bit high but for the quality I'd pay the price even if I didn't work there..

I hate 'em, dh loves 'em - that's what makes the world go 'round! I would never pay extra for them on a ship - then again, we don't pay extra to eat at the steakhouses either on the ship!:p

Taste is something that is very different from person to person. I have tried In-n-Out, 5 Guys, the grilled burgers of the Carnival ships, Culvers, Fat Burger, Johnny Rockets,etc, etc... And IMO, the grilled burgers of the cruise ships cannot compete with ANY of the better known burger joints. The only advantage the cruise ship burgers have is that they are included in the price of the cruise and you can get as many as you want. The grill on the cruise ship is not going to serve you "top of the line" hamburger meat like the better burger joints. They just cannot afford to do that. And the burgers are not "cooked when you order". I think a lot of people here are letting the "eat as much as you want" influence their decisions.

Fell in love with 5 Guys in Miami, and went nuts when they opened here in Ohio. I take all my family/friends there when they are visiting from out of state and they ALL love it. For the first couple months they were open, lines were literally out the door all hours of the day. I eat it only on special occasions, not an every day type of meal mind you. It's safe in moderation!!;)

Taste is something that is very different from person to person. I have tried In-n-Out, 5 Guys, the grilled burgers of the Carnival ships, Culvers, Fat Burger, Johnny Rockets,etc, etc... And IMO, the grilled burgers of the cruise ships cannot compete with ANY of the better known burger joints. The only advantage the cruise ship burgers have is that they are included in the price of the cruise and you can get as many as you want. The grill on the cruise ship is not going to serve you "top of the line" hamburger meat like the better burger joints. They just cannot afford to do that. And the burgers are not "cooked when you order". I think a lot of people here are letting the "eat as much as you want" influence their decisions.

It's not "eat as much as you want" at all. It's why do I want to go to a fast food chain on a ship to eat a burger and pay for it when I can grab a burger on the Lido and carry it back to my chair and not pay for it. I'm not opposed to someone else asking for it and if enough want it and Carnival decides to offer it, fine by me. It's just not a change worth rallying for imo. Now... some of the regular balcony cabins designated as nonsmoking that's a change I'd like to see. :D

Archived