Hump Cabins

I am looking at booking the Explorer for August 2011. I see that they hump cabins on deck 7 are available, it is a E1 which is smaller then the D1 we have always booked in the past. Are the hump cabins better and if so why?

No--they are no larger on the Voyager class ships...but they are convenient! Only steps from the elevators and stairs.

I wouldn't downsize from a D to an E just for the location, tho.....the D will be more spacious!

a definate if you have the option. they are a bit larger and offer great views from mid-ship.

I don't believe the hump cabins are any larger than others.

The reason people like the hump cabins is due to the location and the view from the balcony. If you're standing on your balcony in one of the hump cabins, you can see all the way forward and backward. If you're behind the hump, your view forward will be obstructed by the hump. Similarly, your view backwards would be obstructed by the hump if you are located forward of the hump.

Also, since the hump is located in the center of the ship, it is very convenient to get to other places on the ship. It's right near the stairs and elevator yet I've never been bothered by excessive noise as one would expect.

We just sailed in a E1 mid-hump on the Voyager (sister to the Explorer). Having been in a D1 before it didn't seem that much smaller. The hump location is great because it's central but I'm not quite sure why people rave so much about the view from mid-hump. Yes, you could see all the way forward and back but, in all honesty, what you usually want to see is straight ahead ;). It was definitely no larger than any other cabin in that category.

On the Navigator and Mariner, the last of the five Voyager ships, there is more space between the sliding balcony door and the edge of the bed in the center humps. This doesn't apply to the first three, Voyager, Explorer and Adventure, since the balcony design is different in these two groupings.

From someone who's sailed D1 Humps AND E1 Humps:

1.) If you can book a hump eitherway, DO IT!

2.) The cabins are virtually the same except the D1 has a couch, E1 has loveseat, that's because of the shorter room distance in the E1. We didn't even notice it, you won't either!

3.) If you CAN book a Hump on deck 8, do it. It's quiet with RCCL Online up there and they are in a very convienant location.

4.) Enjoy your vacation whatever you choose!

No--they are no larger on the Voyager class ships...but they are convenient! Only steps from the elevators and stairs.

I wouldn't downsize from a D to an E just for the location, tho.....the D will be more spacious!

I might depending on the location of the D. For just the two of us, we don't miss the extra space, but love the location and balcony view from the hump. (Been on two so far)

I was in a Hump cabin on our Voyager cruise and I liked it simply because it was mid ship. The room was not bigger but the balcony itself was slightly bigger than my parent's balcony was; even though I had read postings on here stating that it wouldn't be.

A love seat instead of a sofa kills the deal for you?

Archived