A wee vent

jwoap

I am not sure if we are allowed to vent or not but I am taking my chances. We have less than 2 weeks before we embark on our first cruise to Alaska. I am excited and nervous.

My irritation right now is with our CC. Our CC was uber available during the booking phase, and especially when we were booking excursions (anything basically to make the cruise line and themselves money). However, now that we are all done "buying" services the replies to emails and telephone calls are not returned as promptly as they were before.

I might add, we are not high needs people, I didn't, don't, email or call 2 sometimes 3 times a day with questions.

Anyhow, at the end of the day I researched here, found the information I needed in a timely manner. So thank you cruisers for being so smart and providing information in a timely manner.

I will close with the fact that I know the purpose of the CC's job. It's not to be our friend, it's to make money and generate business for thier cruise line. But if their goal is to retain customers for repeat business they might think about that when they are taking 4 sometimes 5 days to follow up on a simple email or return a telephone call.

And really maybe I am just premenstrual. Anyone have any chocolate? :mad::mad::eek::mad::mad:

If venting isn't allowed please just delete my post and hang me out to dry when I get back from my cruise.

I am not sure if we are allowed to vent or not but I am taking my chances. We have less than 2 weeks before we embark on our first cruise to Alaska. I am excited and nervous.

My irritation right now is with our CC. Our CC was uber available during the booking phase, and especially when we were booking excursions (anything basically to make the cruise line and themselves money). However, now that we are all done "buying" services the replies to emails and telephone calls are not returned as promptly as they were before.

I might add, we are not high needs people, I didn't, don't, email or call 2 sometimes 3 times a day with questions.

Anyhow, at the end of the day I researched here, found the information I needed in a timely manner. So thank you cruisers for being so smart and providing information in a timely manner.

I will close with the fact that I know the purpose of the CC's job. It's not to be our friend, it's to make money and generate business for thier cruise line. But if their goal is to retain customers for repeat business they might think about that when they are taking 4 sometimes 5 days to follow up on a simple email or return a telephone call.

And really maybe I am just premenstrual. Anyone have any chocolate? :mad::mad::eek::mad::mad:

If venting isn't allowed please just delete my post and hang me out to dry when I get back from my cruise.

Many of the posts here on CC are venting...LOL

There are good PCCs and bad PCCs.......maybe you have been assigned a PCC who only works part time and that's why they are taking so long to get back to you. I know a couple of years ago I had a great PCC (Tom C) who was awsome, I even sent him 20 pounds of Maine lobster for his great service above and beyond. The next one that I was assigned, after Tom left wasn't any help at all........so I ended up transferring our reservations to an online TA who offered a better price and free insurance.

Cruise Critic is the fastest way to get the correct answer to most general questions. :)

PCCs are salespeople. yes, you're right that building long-term relationships is important, but if you have 20 calls to make and all will generate income THIS MONTH, and 1 call to make that MIGHT generate income in a year (if you're still with the company then)....I'm reasonably sure how they might prioritize.

Commission-based salespeople will usually follow the immediate money, it's the way their comp. plans are designed.

Post-sale, is what Customer Service is for. Once you've booked, they should have at least done a nice hand-off.

Cruise Critic is the fastest way to get the correct answer to most general questions. :)

LOL - this is what I was thinking. I haven't called NCL once about a question, and I've had many. I did online check-in, and haven't spoke to anyone since I booked.

I have had good and bad CC with all the lines I have sailed. I have a great guy at Carnival that is always good about emailing or calling me back and I had another that once he made the sale you could never contact him again. The guy I am dealing with at Norwegian right now is great, so I will definitely use him again in the future. If you aren't happy with the one you have now just call the General number and call someone else next time you plan a trip.

We just took our first cruise in June... here are some photos from the Chocoholic Buffet, to get you back to a state of blissful anticipation! (If you click or double-click on the pic, you can see it in a more mouth-watering size.)

Sometimes we do just need to "vent" about things... and now you can go back to being excited and nervous! And I agree, CruiseCritic is a great place to get tons of info.

Have a great trip!!

YUM! I think this is probably the thing that makes me the most excited about trying Norwegian. I LOVE CHOCOLATE :D:eek:

We just took our first cruise in June... here are some photos from the Chocoholic Buffet, to get you back to a state of blissful anticipation! (If you click or double-click on the pic, you can see it in a more mouth-watering size.)

Sometimes we do just need to "vent" about things... and now you can go back to being excited and nervous! And I agree, CruiseCritic is a great place to get tons of info.

Have a great trip!!

I hear you. It is the reason I switched to a TA a couple of years ago - it took days for our PCC to answer questions, if then. My TA answers questions very quickly via email or phone no matter the topic. But I know there are some good PCCs so I am not averse to trying another some day.

Venting can be good. Now, enjoy that cruise!!!!!

of course you are allowed to vent, that is part of what we do here. Now, you have and you should start consentrating on having a great vacation. I know you will.

Yes, you have every right to be a little upset, but I think others have said what I am going to say: 1-PCC are just sales agents, no more, no less. Occassionally you will get one that will go to the end of the earth for you, but generally as soon as the sale is made their job is over. 2-normally you will get better service from travel agents. PCC do not depend on repeat business as much. They just take the order, do what they can to help seal everything and go onto the next customer. I guess you would really think of them more as order takers.

Now, do have a great cruise. I am sure you will.

Nita

Thank you all for taking the time to answer and listen. I think it's just a jumble of nerves. My doc hasn't gotten back to me on what meds I can take to help with sea sickness -- and I think I am just stressing a bit.

Anyhow a week from today I will be getting ready to head to Seattle to spend the night before we board on Saturday the 21st:)

Thank you all for taking the time to answer and listen. I think it's just a jumble of nerves. My doc hasn't gotten back to me on what meds I can take to help with sea sickness -- and I think I am just stressing a bit.

Anyhow a week from today I will be getting ready to head to Seattle to spend the night before we board on Saturday the 21st:)

green apples

ginger

accupressure wrist-bands (any pharmacy...get the cheap ones made of fabric & elastic)

No medication needed. :) (84 days at sea, including 5 in 30 ft waves)....

Keep in mind that most of the people that answer the phone have never been on a cruise, so their answers may not always be that good in the first place.

You are far better off reading the NCL.com q&a's they have posted, and coming here for information.

And, I am guessing you have not read much here, as venting seems to be the general mode of business for many people.

Archived