suitcases stored in cabin

sailoruk

apologise if this has been asked before. But how much space is available for suitcases/luggage in cabins. Is there space under the bed etc. etc.

I have always been able to fit all of my suitcases under the bed, no problem.

We put our carry ons, etc. inside our big suitcases and store the big suitcases under the bed. Sometimes you have to lift the side of the bed a little to get them under but then they fit perfectly.

Your room steward will help if you have problems!

Aboard Summit last week, we were able to store all 5 pieces of luggage (some of it nested inside one another) under our bed. The edge of the bed frame was 11.25 inches above the floor but the frame could be lifted to slide luggage past the edge of the frame where the clearance rose to 12.5 inches......

Used the empty suitcases under the bed for dirty clothes and so on.

Denny

We take a mesh hamper that folds flat in the suitcase and stick it in the closet. I'm too lazy to lift the bed everyday to pull the suitcase out to put my dirty clothes in although the exercise (lifting) would probably be good for me. We didn't take our hamper or highlighters on our last cruise and I missed them both!

We take a mesh hamper that folds flat in the suitcase and stick it in the closet. I'm too lazy to lift the bed everyday to pull the suitcase out to put my dirty clothes in although the exercise (lifting) would probably be good for me. We didn't take our hamper or highlighters on our last cruise and I missed them both!

What a great idea!! I never thought of the mesh hamper - I usually leave my suitcase standing and dump the dirties in there every night.

Archived