What is considered a Flip Flop

Adkmom

I am wondering what is considered a Flip Flop at Manhattan. I have a great pair of sandals that are flip flop style with a 2 inch cork heal and lots of bling. Any hope of these being ok?

flip flop

flip-flop-wht-sapphire-400.gif

Sandal

Coach+Glenna+sandal.jpg

I'm sure the difference will up to the discretion of the ship personnel. If you have nice between the toe sandals it won't be an issue. They're just trying to keep people from rolling in from the pool deck in shorts, bathing suits or flip-flops

I will be wearing flip flops everywhere. I have some dressy flip flops for the evening. But they all will be flat with no heel. I had an achilles tendon rupture and still have not built up my ankle and calf muscle, and it is painful to walk in anything with a heel. If I am asked to leave any restaurant they will have a world of **** on their hands. I can't be forced to wear a heel when I am unable to do so. I have some blinged out flip flops/sandals, but they are flat, and I plan to wear them with my sundresses in the evenings. ;):D

flip flop

flip-flop-wht-sapphire-400.gif

Sandal

Coach+Glenna+sandal.jpg

I'm sure the difference will up to the discretion of the ship personnel. If you have nice between the toe sandals it won't be an issue. They're just trying to keep people from rolling in from the pool deck in shorts, bathing suits or flip-flops

Thanks for the visual mine are somewhere in between but defiantly not a rubber flip flop. I am also hoping if I wear them with an awesome dress they will not care.

I am all for the dress code in the Manhattan I think it is an awesome compromise for NCL. Looking forward to some dinner dancing , I do feel sorry for those watching my hubby and I are terrible dancers.

On most ships my feet swell like crazy so I wear flip flops or thongs as I call them but they are glittery and silver ...very comfy I keep them exclusively for ships ...Never had a problem wearing them on ANY ship

They seel them on ships I bought mine on Princess

In Australia we call them 'thongs'!! They are very popular, you can get pairs for $1.99 right through to over $100. However, you have problems with cheapo ones were the thing in the middle rips out.....

In Australia we call them 'thongs'!! They are very popular, you can get pairs for $1.99 right through to over $100. However, you have problems with cheapo ones were the thing in the middle rips out.....

I absolutely love rubber flip flops in the summer and in addition to the cheepies, I bought three pairs in the $50 price range this year, but as cute are they are, they're still rubber flip flops and I wouldn't wear them to a nice restaurant. But I do have many thong style sandals that are not rubber and I would wear them to nice casual restaurants.

Do you think I will be able to wear my Vibram five-fingers footwear to dinner?

I have never in my life seen anything like that. :eek:

If flip flops are called thongs there, what are these called?

prodImage.ms?productCode=306584201&width=340&height=408

Just wondering. :confused:

Here are my new flip flops for the cruise (obviously the rubber kind and I won't be wearing them to dinner)

flipflops.jpg

Here is what I'll be wearing with my dress:

IMG_1148.jpg

I have never in my life seen anything like that. :eek:

If flip flops are called thongs there, what are these called?

prodImage.ms?productCode=306584201&width=340&height=408

Just wondering. :confused:

Here are my new flip flops for the cruise (obviously the rubber kind and I won't be wearing them to dinner)

flipflops.jpg

Here is what I'll be wearing with my dress:

IMG_1148.jpg

Hahahah was waiting for it, I guess they are also called thongs but we prefer the name G Strings :P

Most Aussie 'blokes' wear thongs and a wife beater (singlet) in summer and really short shorts :P I have never called thongs flip flops

Check out ebay: http://clothing.shop.ebay.com.au/Mens-Shoes-/63850/i.html?_nkw=thongs&_catref=1&_fln=1&_sac=1&_trksid=p3286.c0.m282

On most ships my feet swell like crazy so I wear flip flops or thongs as I call them but they are glittery and silver ...very comfy I keep them exclusively for ships ...Never had a problem wearing them on ANY ship

They seel them on ships I bought mine on Princess

Thongs are something quite different in the UK:D

Hahahah was waiting for it, I guess they are also called thongs but we prefer the name G Strings :P

Most Aussie 'blokes' wear thongs and a wife beater (singlet) in summer and really short shorts :P I have never called thongs flip flops

Check out ebay: http://clothing.shop.ebay.com.au/Mens-Shoes-/63850/i.html?_nkw=thongs&_catref=1&_fln=1&_sac=1&_trksid=p3286.c0.m282

Ok, just wondering. My mom is the only one that has ever called "our thong" a g-string and I never understood that. What's "G" about it? :D More like a T string if you ask me. :p But now I understand. So if I go to dinner with my "thong" on and they tell me I can't wear thongs in the dinning area, I will know not to ask them how they knew I had a thong on in the first place. :eek: I'm glad I'm educating myself prior to the cruise. hehe

Ok, just wondering. My mom is the only one that has ever called "our thong" a g-string and I never understood that. What's "G" about it? :D More like a T string if you ask me. :p But now I understand. So if I go to dinner with my "thong" on and they tell me I can't wear thongs in the dinning area, I will know not to ask them how they knew I had a thong on in the first place. :eek: I'm glad I'm educating myself prior to the cruise. hehe

From Wiki

The origin of the term "G-string" is obscure. Since the 19th century, the term geestring referred to the string which held the loincloth of Native Americans [1] and later referred to the narrow loincloth itself. William Safire in his Ode on a G-String quoted the usage of the word "G-string" for loincloth by Harper's Magazine 15 years after Beadle's and suggested that the magazine confused the word with the musical term G-string (i.e., the string for the G note). Safire also mentions the opinion of linguist Robert Hendrickson that G (or gee) stands for groin, which was a taboo word at these times.[2]

Edgar Rice Burroughs dressed his created novel-character, Tarzan, in a G-string for first time in his book The Son of Tarzan (1914) in chapter 26.[3] However, Korak, son of Tarzan, used a G-string before his father Tarzan did in the same book (chapter 20).[4]

Archived