New bucket of beer deal?

frito58

Bud products are twist-offs but if you can't open them, there is a bottle opener attached to the bag. Also, the bartender will give you a stack of plastic cups to pour the beers in if you are poolside.

You can tell I am not the beer drinker but DH, as I did not know this.:o

Laura

I cruised last week on the Serenade for a 7 day. It was not openly promoted, but if you asked, the bartender would tell you they only had 1 or 2 bags left. After 2 days, we were told there were no more bud lights on the boat. Our only option was bud light limes. We did find one bartender who let us substitute in a few miller lites. There was also another server who told us they did have bud lights, but when he returned, said they were out. (I guess he was told not to give us bud lights for the bucket deal?)

Either way, we really enjoyed this. We had beers in the room and were never wanting for a drink. It saved us a little bit of money too, but then again, we might have evened out and drank more because of it!

Just got off Serenade and they did NOT have the deal. We asked at many bars and no go. Also would not give any break on prices. If you bought a bucket you paid for every beer every time. :(

They said it was a promotion and it was over. I told them it was a little disappointing but their attitude was like "whatever ...." So I was also like “whatever…” and mostly drank on the islands. :mad:

Piton Beer 2 for $3 right at the pier in St Lucia sitting in the shade under a wild orchid tree. :)

They said it was a promotion and it was over. I told them it was a little disappointing but their attitude was like "whatever ...." So I was also like “whatever…” and mostly drank on the islands. :mad:

So, you think it was the bartenders fault they didn't have it? :confused:

No the lack of the cooler is RCCL and Bud :confused: The attitude is the bartenders fault. He really could not have cared less. Enough said.

I should also add the ship was beautiful. Our waiter Franco was the best waiter I ever had. Guest relations staff was excellent. Edgar on the back deck of wind jammer was excellent. They were all mentioned on my comment card.

The cruise was awesome.

We did miss the cooler deal and it would have also made a great souvenir.

Oh well, maybe they will have it for others.

I was curious if the Freedom Of the Seas will have this deal for our 11/14 sailing. I called RCCL and the guy said he had never heard of it. They dont' have and never had a beer cooler deal.? what?

Has anyone been on Freedom recently that has seen this deal?

I was curious if the Freedom Of the Seas will have this deal for our 11/14 sailing. I called RCCL and the guy said he had never heard of it. They dont' have and never had a beer cooler deal.? what?

It really is the strangest thing that they has such poor advertising, communication, and consistency with this offer. Perhaps they just want to experiment with things now and then but don't want to make a big deal about it, but at least have some consistency--and tell your customer service agents about it.

It really is the strangest thing that they has such poor advertising, communication, and consistency with this offer. Perhaps they just want to experiment with things now and then but don't want to make a big deal about it, but at least have some consistency--and tell your customer service agents about it.

Royal have consistency? Not in our lifetime.

We were on the 10/25 Radiance we were all pumped ready to get our beer coolers as they had them the sailing before us ......:mad: yea no more all gone promotion over sorry , you get to pay regular price for beer. Well our group of at least 20 people did our drinking on the islands , I know we are not going to break RCI but to give no break on a bucket is sad , my final sail and sign was the smallest in 10 cruises.

We were on the 10/25 Radiance we were all pumped ready to get our beer coolers as they had them the sailing before us ......:mad: yea no more all gone promotion over sorry , you get to pay regular price for beer. Well our group of at least 20 people did our drinking on the islands , I know we are not going to break RCI but to give no break on a bucket is sad , my final sail and sign was the smallest in 10 cruises.

On our 10/24 cruise on Serenade I noticed that drinking was pretty subdued. Not once did I see an obviously intoxicated person. So I guess that is a good thing.

Yes we could afford to drink whatever we wanted however $20 plus I added $2 extra for the waiter so $22 for a bucket of 4 beers with ice is a little steep.

On our 10/24 cruise on Serenade I noticed that drinking was pretty subdued. Not once did I see an obviously intoxicated person. So I guess that is a good thing.

Yes we could afford to drink whatever we wanted however $20 plus I added $2 extra for the waiter so $22 for a bucket of 4 beers with ice is a little steep.

I agree , never saw anyone really drunk on the ship , now on the islands thats another story. Me included:o:p at least at Costa Maya. Saw several on our Passion Island trip, but never saw anyone on the ship , go figure $5 for a 12oz. beer:rolleyes:

Was on the Enchantment 10/21-10/30. They had a table on the first day set up in the centrum, along with all of the other tables (soda, spa etc.) The total price after tax and tip for the cooler was close to $40, refills after tip and tax was $30. Still cheaper than buying beers separately. My cabin was all the way aft, so it was nice to have the cooler and beer in the room, room attendant iced the bag every morning and night if there was something in it.

The problem was they ran out of Michelob Ultra very early in the cruise, and was out of Budlight bottles by day 6. They did not offer substitutions, actually did not allow substitutions. Maybe that will get better or they will stop the promotion? The cooler will come in handy off the ship if I am going to a cook out or something.

Just a side note, I had a case of water in a suitcase and 8 bottles of Diet coke in another without any issues, but they did take my iron.

I am wondering the same thing, I will be on the Freedom for the 11/21 sailing and I have called RCCL twice and both people knew nothing about it.

Now that this conversation has reached post #414..... I feel it's time for me to VENT a little. Not picking on anyone in particular....

For GOD's sake ....... PLEASE stop asking, "Anyone sailing on the ________ (fill in ship name) recently, have the New Cooler Deal?? "

1) Even if they did..... it has NO bearing on whether you will.

2) If they didn't ..... also has NO bearing on whether you will.

Get on ship ....... Ask Bartender(s) for Cooler Deal ...... Be pleasantly surprised if they have it!!

There, I feel better. Thanks!! :D :D

Now that this conversation has reached post #414..... I feel it's time for me to VENT a little. Not picking on anyone in particular....

For GOD's sake ....... PLEASE stop asking, "Anyone sailing on the ________ (fill in ship name) recently, have the New Cooler Deal?? "

Get on ship ....... Ask Bartender(s) for Cooler Deal ...... Be pleasantly surprised if they have it!!

Wow lighten up Francis :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes: Now I feel better:p

....oh I love this thread so much I am gonna bump it RIGHT NOW :D

....seriously, I never want it to end.

It is like a mad scientist's experiment with a desire for cheap beer. ....mixed with crazy cruisers.

Lighten up people....it's fun!

And if you dont care for it, dont click on it for Goodness sakes!

....or unsubscribe....or something?....or log out.:rolleyes:

Couldn't have said it better myself. I completely agree with everything you said!

Now, can anyone tell me if this deal will be available on the AOS in February?? :p

We care that you feel better? Or that you need to "VENT"? Just don't read the posts and then you won't have to "VENT" and we won't have to READ your post. :rolleyes:

Couldn't have said it better myself. I completely agree with everything you said!

Now, can anyone tell me if this deal will be available on the AOS in February?? :p

Laughed out loud!! Awesome!! :D

Just don't read the posts and then you won't have to "VENT" and we won't have to READ your post. :rolleyes:
Sounds like good advise ...... perhaps you should have taken it ..... yourself!!

Archived