New bucket of beer deal?

frito58

Now all they need to do is add it to the “gifts and gear” online catalog.

They even have a perfect space for it at the bottom of the page by the wine.

How nice would that be? Show up in your cabin and have a little cooler of iced down beer waiting for you that also gives you money off refills for the entire cruise. Pure heaven!!!!

That is the best idea I have heard on Cruise Critic in quite a while, hopefully someone from RCCL is "spying" on this thread!

How nice would that be? Show up in your cabin and have a little cooler of iced down beer waiting for you that also gives you money off refills for the entire cruise. Pure heaven!!!!

That would be amazing! I love buying this stuff in advance. They really should do this.

This is an idea with a lot of merit. I would buy like this in advance for sure if it was available.

Hopefully RCI does lurk these threads and sees this one.

This is an idea with a lot of merit. I would buy like this in advance for sure if it was available.

Hopefully RCI does lurk these threads and sees this one.

Just wish they would make one of the options some a good English ale/ bitter like Boddington's/Caffery's/Tetley's. :) Most cruises, I go to bar/pub and buy some beers and take back to room for refrigerator.

Just got off the Liberty, and they had tons of these bags. But you could only buy Bud products. They still had bags available on day 6.

Laura

That's great, I'll be on the Liberty right after Thanksgiving, and will take advantage of that deal. I'll still be celebrating the Saints beating the Cowgirls on Thanksgiving Day!! Who Dat, baby!!

Just got off the Liberty, and they had tons of these bags. But you could only buy Bud products. They still had bags available on day 6.

Laura

Just to add some more confusion, LOL - We were also on this sailing. DH kept putting off buying his 'bucket' and finally decided he would get it on Thursday. We were in the On Air bar for the Guitar Hero competition so he asked there. They no longer had the cooler on display and the bartender told him the promotion was over, but he would see if he had any left. He came back with one and filled it for us. Lucky break, we thought.

After that, though, we noticed EVERY other bar still had the coolers on display through the rest of the cruise. So apparently, the promotion wasn't over after all.

Definitely Bud products only and definitely an awesome deal. Can't wait to put the cooler to work here at home while I think about my great vacation memories. ;-)

Just to add some more confusion' date=' LOL - We were also on this sailing. DH kept putting off buying his 'bucket' and finally decided he would get it on Thursday. We were in the On Air bar for the Guitar Hero competition so he asked there. They no longer had the cooler on display and the bartender told him the promotion was over, but he would see if he had any left. He came back with one and filled it for us. Lucky break, we thought.

After that, though, we noticed EVERY other bar still had the coolers on display through the rest of the cruise. So apparently, the promotion wasn't over after all.

Definitely Bud products only and definitely an awesome deal. Can't wait to put the cooler to work here at home while I think about my great vacation memories. ;-)[/quote']

LOL. I find I hurry to get something that is running out to find it hasn't and then my DW reminds and reminds and reminds me. :)

Does the bag have any promotional logos on it other than the Crown & Anchor? Seems to me, anyone could sponsor the bag from the picture I saw. Thus, any beer could be sold I would think.

Hope you use your bag soon!

Does the bag have any promotional logos on it other than the Crown & Anchor? Seems to me, anyone could sponsor the bag from the picture I saw. Thus, any beer could be sold I would think.

It only has the Crown & Anchor logo. The "Bud only" rule was the only downside, as he had been drinking Blue Moons before he bought the cooler. Several Bud Lights + not eating lunch = migraine for hubby. The Blue Moons were more expensive, so I can see why they weren't included.

It only has the Crown & Anchor logo. The "Bud only" rule was the only downside' date=' as he had been drinking Blue Moons before he bought the cooler. Several Bud Lights + not eating lunch = migraine for hubby. The Blue Moons were more expensive, so I can see why they weren't included.[/quote']

I hope they expand program. They could charge more for the upscale beers. My DW thinks I always go to the most expensive beer list anyway, but I just like stronger beers. :)

We were on the 10/3 freedom, I asked at every bar I passed and they all knew nothing about the deal....When I asked at the pool bar another customer chimmed in that he had been looking also (he asked me if I read about it on Cruise Critic). The bar tender then called for a superviser. We were told it was a special , month only promo from Bud (I knew that was not true) and would run out at the end of the month. We were also told that they had run out of bags and they would be available mid week.

I started seeing them Wed. evening. It wasn't worth buying then, as there was only 1 beer drinker in our group.

We were on the 10/3 freedom, I asked at every bar I passed and they all knew nothing about the deal....When I asked at the pool bar another customer chimmed in that he had been looking also (he asked me if I read about it on Cruise Critic). The bar tender then called for a superviser. We were told it was a special , month only promo from Bud (I knew that was not true) and would run out at the end of the month. We were also told that they had run out of bags and they would be available mid week.

I started seeing them Wed. evening. It wasn't worth buying then, as there was only 1 beer drinker in our group.

Woohoo! My sailing is this month! :)

I do think it's funny that "they will be available later" when they're already on the ship. Why couldn't they just say that it's a special they will run on such and such day?

I think it's great that Royal Caribbean is doing this. :) It would definitely help to sway my choice of cruise line in the future knowing that they are considerate with their drink specials.

Yes, thanks for the info - we'll be on the 10/17 Liberty sailing, and I will be taking advantage of this if they are still offering it. Do you know if this offer was available from the first day?

Laura

Yes, thanks for the info - we'll be on the 10/17 Liberty sailing, and I will be taking advantage of this if they are still offering it. Do you know if this offer was available from the first day?

Yes we bought the bag on day 1 at about noon. We bought it at vintages, even before they were open for business. One of the bartenders told us to go there and we could buy it.

Laura

has one been on oasis the past few weeks and taken advantage of this offer? Did they limit you to bud products?

TIA

Kathy

Hi Kathy. They did do the cooler promotion on the 9/11 sailing and it was for Bud, Bud Lite, Bud Lime and Mic Ultra only. They completely sold out of coolers that week - along with all the Bud so there was no promotion on the next sailing (9/18). I haven't heard if they've done it on Oasis since.

Cooler.jpg

Soooooo interesting!

Read through the whole thread and cracks me up!

Gotta love that they are curious where everyone has "heard" about this deal. GO CRUISE CRITIC!.... and its a continued bummer there are inconsistancies.

If they could get it consistant and well advertised they would make tons more $$$$. Isnt that there MO?

Agreed, (RCCL) if you are listening....please expand the choices, never "run out", advertise consistantly with the same great pricing..and maybe develope MORE bundled drink specials.....we love em!

People eat that up...getting ANY kind of a discount on a cruise.

Eat, drink, and be merry

Archived