New bucket of beer deal?

frito58

We did hear that the Radiance got them after she got to Tampa. One of our group was on the Oct. 9th roll call and they said they had them. We are on her the 25th and we trying to find out so we went to the source.\

Yes I agree all the twist and turns this thread has taken has been humorus, but enjoyable. We figured if they had it wonderful a big plus, if not oh well , life would go on.

We did hear that the Radiance got them after she got to Tampa. One of our group was on the Oct. 9th roll call and they said they had them. We are on her the 25th and we trying to find out so we went to the source.\

Yes I agree all the twist and turns this thread has taken has been humorus, but enjoyable. We figured if they had it wonderful a big plus, if not oh well , life would go on.

I'm on the 21st sailing of Radiance. I'll be looking and try to post back. Unfortunately, by the time I do you'll already be boarding!

I'm on the 21st sailing of Radiance. I'll be looking and try to post back. Unfortunately, by the time I do you'll already be boarding!

LOL its the thought that counts , just hoping that weather dissapates for all our sakes , good sailing to you guys.

Why can't they honor the '8 for 6' pricing for the passengers that know about the deal, at least? I can understand being out of coolers themselves. Though you'd think they'd have them on day 1. I guess having no vessel to deliver them in might be a problem. Don't all the ships have beer buckets, though?

Why can't they honor the '8 for 6' pricing for the passengers that know about the deal, at least? I can understand being out of coolers themselves. Though you'd think they'd have them on day 1. I guess having no vessel to deliver them in might be a problem. Don't all the ships have beer buckets, though?

You can buy a bucket of beer normally. I thought the whole point was that buying a bucket gave you one free (buy 4 get fifth free or something like that) but I don't think it really worked out like that. On Liberty this summer, I bought a bucket of Coronas but forgot to wait until we left port, so I paid tax on it--basically offsetting almost any discount I might have gotten lol.

On the Monarch this past week, the 'special' was that you got the cooler for free when you bought 5 beers (I think, it might have been 6). No discount on refills, according to the pool bartender who we asked on embarkation day.

I didn't need another cooler, and anyway, the rum we brought on in our luggage tasted just fine in our diet Cokes ;).

KC

OK, just came off the Oasis. They offered this cooler with 8 beers on Monday our first sea day and was available the whole week. The cost after gratuities was $39, then 8 more after that was around $25.

ENJOY!!

Oh for Pete's sakes!....someone just posted on the "other" beer bucket thread (entitled "beer cooler") that they were just off an RCCL ship (the Monarch) and the first round was Bud based beers...and then thereafter you could buy ANY beer for the cooler at the rockin price!

RCCL....please get this straight!

You are going to really frustrate lots of your loyal return cruisers!

....bring on the non-Bud beer! Hope this continues...;)

Oh for Pete's sakes!....someone just posted on the "other" beer bucket thread (entitled "beer cooler") that they were just off an RCCL ship (the Monarch) and the first round was Bud based beers...and then thereafter you could buy ANY beer for the cooler at the rockin price!

That is not the policy. I read that post also, and I really think that person just got lucky. He/she most likely just had an uninformed bartender. The refills are also supposed to be the Bud products.

That is not the policy. I read that post also, and I really think that person just got lucky. He/she most likely just had an uninformed bartender. The refills are also supposed to be the Bud products.

The only logical conclusion is that

THERE IS NO POLICY.

If there is a policy, I would like to see it.

The only logical conclusion is that

THERE IS NO POLICY.

If there is a policy, I would like to see it.

Perhaps policy was not the best word. It's a Bud promotion deal. The refills of $25 are only supposed to be for the promoted Bud products. It can be refilled with other products, but if you do that, you are supposed to pay the full price for those other particular products.

I have now been on 4 cruises with this deal. Oasis, Grandeur, and twice on Majesty. DH purchased his on Majesty and has now used it twice since then on Grandeur and Oasis. In answer to being able to use it on future cruises, yes. In answer to what kind of beer, only Bud (and other Bud products), and that includes refills.

They really should institute a drink package like Celebrity. People would still pay, but it is nice to know that you don't have to worry about every drink cost.

I totally agree with you. But I guess we can just wish about it.

Laura

Anyone off Radiance recently? Is this deal on radiance? If so what bar?

Yes it is available on Radiance. Just got off her last Thursday. Basically $40 for the first 8 beers. Bud products and the refill was like $25. The first fill you get nothing free except the cooler bag. reg price of a beer was $4.25. It was available at pool bars and the waiters would sell it too. Not a bad deal. Hate the glass bottles though. Bring Back the aluminum 16 Ouncers !!:mad:

Yes it is available on Radiance. Just got off her last Thursday. Basically $40 for the first 8 beers. Bud products and the refill was like $25. The first fill you get nothing free except the cooler bag. reg price of a beer was $4.25. It was available at pool bars and the waiters would sell it too. Not a bad deal. Hate the glass bottles though. Bring Back the aluminum 16 Ouncers !!:mad:

Yikes, glass bottles with people drinking out by the pool? For safety concerns I'd like to seem them go to cans or aluminum.

Do they open them for you? On Carnival, DH bought a beer bucket and they put them in cups since they said no glass in the pool area.

Is this on the Explorer of the Seas?

On the Liberty a couple of weeks ago, they did not open them for you as you have a bottle opener in the bag.

Laura

Bud products are twist-offs but if you can't open them, there is a bottle opener attached to the bag. Also, the bartender will give you a stack of plastic cups to pour the beers in if you are poolside.

Glass is not allowed in the pool, but the plastic cups are okay. I prefer drinking out of cups as opposed to bottlers, anyway.

Archived