New bucket of beer deal?

frito58

What if any mechanism do they have in place to prevent people from buying one of the cooler bags on one sailing now then bringing them back on board on a subsequent sailing and continuing to get refills on the next sailing?

None, at the moment....

would it come together ?? was thinking of taking some velcro pieces and slap on each side .

When it's full, only a zipper would close it. We took it onto Cococay and because it wouldn't close our ice melted within a couple of hours. You could bring some extra Velcro but it still won't close completely. Also if the cooler leaks ask for a replacement. That's what we did.

What if any mechanism do they have in place to prevent people from buying one of the cooler bags on one sailing now then bringing them back on board on a subsequent sailing and continuing to get refills on the next sailing?

They shouldn't have a mechanism...one would think that once one buys a cooler they should be good for all future sailings at the refill price. I don't want to hear they aren't making enough money by doing it that way...I know some bar owners and through their beer distributors they are paying about $.75 for those $4-$5 beers...

They shouldn't have a mechanism...one would think that once one buys a cooler they should be good for all future sailings at the refill price. I don't want to hear they aren't making enough money by doing it that way...I know some bar owners and through their beer distributors they are paying about $.75 for those $4-$5 beers...

I wasn't debating the need or the merits of having or not having people use it again on future sailings. I was just asking if there was anything to prevent it like for example the chips in the refillable cups or the sticker on your card you get for the soda packages.

Last week they had them on the LOTS first day out and it was all the AB brands and price mentioned above. They ran out of bags around the 5th day so if you want it get it soon after getting on board.

That is where you have to get innovative.

You see someone with a cooler. You schmooze them, get to know them, strike up converstation, "I see you have a cooler, they are all out, can I borrow yours for about 3 minutes?"

Then go get it filled, return the bag.

Sounds like a good way for like minded people to meet one another.

Just back from Freedom of the Seas and we purchased a cooler of beers. They do not bring them out until the 2nd to last day (we missed a port due to the hurricane so ours were brought out one day early).

The cost is $34 for 8 beers (plus 15% gratuity) came to around $39.10. You can get any Bud or Michelob products (bud, bud light, bud light lime or Mich, Mich Light, Mich Ultra). You bring the cooler back and they will fill it with 8 beers for the price of only 6 for $25.50 plus gratuity. The bartenders will leave the caps on for you so if you don't finish them, have the bar refill with ice and you can enjoy them on your balcony or in your cabin. They did sell out very quick so when you see them, get one right away.

Here is a picture -

[ATTACH]169602[/ATTACH]

perfekt made for me and my wife ;)

Yup, keep posting shortcuts or ways to cheat the system and see how long it lasts...

RCCL is selling a product. People are willing to buy that product.

Explain to me how that is "cheating a system".:confused:

Schmoopie, they come with their own attached opener, so you don't need to worry about that either...:D

Right...but my response was in reply to having them run out of the bags. Since the opener is on the bag, if they ran out of bags you wouldn't have an opener...unless you brought one with you.

Right...but my response was in reply to having them run out of the bags. Since the opener is on the bag, if they ran out of bags you wouldn't have an opener...unless you brought one with you.
just like tailgating... go to the back of the ship... and use the trailer hitch:D:rolleyes:

I always get a soda sticker. On the last cruise, the first time I used it, the BT took the card and ran it through the reader. I imagine that it recorded I had a soda sticker which was compared against the sales data. In other words they verified that I had bought the sticker with that card. A very easy transaction for a computer.

I would imagine the same can be accomplished with the cooler bags. The BT swipes the card through the reader and it had better show that a cooler bag had been bought with that card. Very simple programming effort.

I think they are getting wise to the tricks.

I do not even think that RCCL could answer that.:confused:

Good answer...

There seems to be no rhyme or reason (or consistency) as to how they are handling what could be a huge promotion for them. Let's hope they don't mess it up any further.

I always get a soda sticker. On the last cruise, the first time I used it, the BT took the card and ran it through the reader. I imagine that it recorded I had a soda sticker which was compared against the sales data. In other words they verified that I had bought the sticker with that card. A very easy transaction for a computer.

I would imagine the same can be accomplished with the cooler bags. The BT swipes the card through the reader and it had better show that a cooler bag had been bought with that card. Very simple programming effort.

I think they are getting wise to the tricks.

I get how it could be done theoretically. Do you have direct knowledge that what you describe here is taking place or are you just suggesting how it could be done?

What i am asking is it being done or is it just you have a bag so they give you 8 for the price of 6?

"I see you have a cooler, they are all out, can I borrow yours for about 3 minutes?" Then go get it filled, return the bag.

RCCL is selling a product. People are willing to buy that product. Explain to me how that is "cheating a system".

I understand what you are saying. But if they are all out, oh well, you missed the deal. They must have limited bags for a reason.

Borrowing someones bag is not buying the product. It is a work around.

Using that logic, I could borrow someones concierge key to access the lounge because I am willing to buy the product (just an example).

I'm sure RCI will come up with a way to prevent it. As others have said, prob something similar to the coke card.

RCCL is selling a product. People are willing to buy that product.

Explain to me how that is "cheating a system".:confused:

Just like "borrowing" someones refillable cup at the fast food restaurant ....... no problem, right??? :confused: :confused: Give me a break!!!! :D

This is why fun , new promotions like this never last ...... a few "innovative" :rolleyes: minds ruin them for all!! :)

Good answer...

There seems to be no rhyme or reason (or consistency) as to how they are handling what could be a huge promotion for them. Let's hope they don't mess it up any further.

Well I think thats impossible , I started this thread after seeing all the different ways its has been handled LOL , the very first guy who I stumbled upon who had it , it was all beers except Fosters , they had as you boarded on day 1 , and since then it has been a cluster **** Somewhere It changed to Bud only 2nd day 4 day last day who knows what day and what beers. :confused:

What i am asking is it being done or is it just you have a bag so they give you 8 for the price of 6?

I do not think the bag purchase has anyhting to do with the 8 beers for 6 price.

When we were on the Freedom and they had not started selling the bags they offered to sell the 8 beers for the 25 or so dollars.( Don't remember the exact price).

I think the 35 or so dollars with the bag is just selling you the bag for about $10.00

I do not see any problem with taking the bag on another cruise to get it refilled. I will find out on the Oasis next week.

I do not think the bag purchase has anyhting to do with the 8 beers for 6 price.

When we were on the Freedom and they had not started selling the bags they offered to sell the 8 beers for the 25 or so dollars.( Don't remember the exact price).

I think the 35 or so dollars with the bag is just selling you the bag for about $10.00

I do not see any problem with taking the bag on another cruise to get it refilled. I will find out on the Oasis next week.

Ladeebug would you mind stoping by our Oct 25 th Radiance roll call and let us know what you find out, yes we would like the bag , but good pricing would be nice as well. :)

Now all they need to do is add it to the “gifts and gear” online catalog.

They even have a perfect space for it at the bottom of the page by the wine.

How nice would that be? Show up in your cabin and have a little cooler of iced down beer waiting for you that also gives you money off refills for the entire cruise. Pure heaven!!!!

Now all they need to do is add it to the “gifts and gear” online catalog.

They even have a perfect space for it at the bottom of the page by the wine.

How nice would that be? Show up in your cabin and have a little cooler of iced down beer waiting for you that also gives you money off refills for the entire cruise. Pure heaven!!!!

I like that idea!!!, I did look on the gifts page to see if was there. Guess that will be my first stop on the ship and then the soda sticker- for my morning soda fix after drinking all night

Archived