New bucket of beer deal?

frito58

hi, all...we were on the aug.30-sept.3 sailing of majesty of the seas out of miami. the first thing my husband did was to purchase the new beer "bag" filled with 8 beers. they were all glass bottles and all unopened. there is a bottle opener but all the beers were twist off caps. you could mix and match the beers anyway you liked. my husband would always get 3 bud, 3 bud light and 3 bud lime. the bag was nice. i call it a bag because it was a very heavy canvas material with a shoulder strap and 2 little velcro fasteners. it was very lightweight and collapsible for easy transport home in my carry-on. it was royal blue and yellow. we would takr it back to our cabin at the end of the day and leave it in the shower. left a note the first day for the cabin boy to fill with ice and from that day on he filled it every day for us. by morning the ice would be melted and the bag was full of water. did not leak at all. the first time we bought it the price was 33.00 plus gratuity plus 6 percent sales tax because we were still in the port of miami when we bought it. the total came to 41.00. if you could wait until you left the port of miami you could save the 2.70 sales tax. each time we filled the bag up it was 25.00 plus tip. no tax. came to 28.75. you could fill it up as many times as you wanted for 28.75 we thought it was a great deal. would do it again in a heartbeat!!

Wow....that's sweet.....so you got 9 beers for $28.75 ?.....that's not too shabby of a deal....they gave ya a good deal on that ship...alittle over $3.00/beer

Is the purpose of the bucket of beers so as to share with others? Most often, I've watched one person drink them all one after another.:eek:

On evening, guy came to dinner with his bucket...drank them all over the course of dinner.

I would have to say the bucket of beer is to get the 25% savings.

As to who drinks them, who cares?:cool:

LOL I'm sure you can find something else to drink that first day. :p

We had it on the first day :D The bartender told us about it when we ordered a few beers so it's worth asking about it on the pool deck when you first board.

Actually Mich is an Anheuser Busch Product (which happens to own Bud) but Mich is still not in the Bud Family of Beer

Actually Mich is an Anheuser Busch product, Anheuser Busch is owned by InBev who also own the Budweiser brand.

We had it on the first day :D The bartender told us about it when we ordered a few beers so it's worth asking about it on the pool deck when you first board.

We did ask (we were at the pool), but the bartender had no clue. Said all they had was the regular buckets, no bags. They didn't "debut" them until later for some reason!

We did ask (we were at the pool), but the bartender had no clue. Said all they had was the regular buckets, no bags. They didn't "debut" them until later for some reason!

They brought them out right after the muster drill. We were told by the bar tenders in the Schooner bar that they were late getting then out due running out on the previous sailing.

Were you part of the bacheloret party?? If so looked like you guys were having a great time Saturday night in the Schooner bar!

Actually Mich is an Anheuser Busch product, Anheuser Busch is owned by InBev who also own the Budweiser brand.

geez Louise being nitpicky, :rolleyes: All I was trying to do was clarify for those reading that there ARE beers other than those in the BUDWEISER family available in the package.

Mich and Bud are like cousins (related) but they are different families of beers and both families are offered in the deal along with some others.

They brought them out right after the muster drill. We were told by the bar tenders in the Schooner bar that they were late getting then out due running out on the previous sailing.

Were you part of the bacheloret party?? If so looked like you guys were having a great time Saturday night in the Schooner bar!

Ahhh that makes sense. We asked earlier in the day (we boarded at 11-11:30) so it was definitely before the muster drill.

Ummm yeah, I was the bachelorette. LOL :) We were definitely at the Schooner bar on Sat night. You may have seen the "doll" with us!

I think everyone in the Schooner bar saw the "doll" that night....LOL My wife and I were laughing and saying there is going to be some hurting people in that group the next morning. We left the Schooner that night feeling no pain....

Did you guys end-up getting one of the coolers? All they would fill it with was Bud products, I tried talking them into other brands and they said "no"

I think everyone in the Schooner bar saw the "doll" that night....LOL My wife and I were laughing and saying there is going to be some hurting people in that group the next morning. We left the Schooner that night feeling no pain....

Did you guys end-up getting one of the coolers? All they would fill it with was Bud products, I tried talking them into other brands and they said "no"

LOL! The "doll" has some very explicit drawings and sayings on him now. What a crazy (fun!) night. You know, I actually did not feel as bad as I thought I would the next morning. I thought for sure I was going to be sick all the next day. After some midnight pizza and a TON of water (and a few advil!), I think I went to bed around 2 AM (and apparently scared my roommates as I had the top pullman bed and kept "flying" down from it to go pee, although I never hurt myself or fell off) and woke up around 7 AM to take a shower. I had a mild headache and did not feel like eating anything (my stomach did feel queasy!), but then I took a nap and was ready for some plates of food at the WJ! :D I felt fine the rest of the day, but I did not have another drink during the rest of the cruise!

We did not end up buying one, but I did see a lot of people carrying them around towards the end of the cruise! It looked like a nice bag.

Also on the Monarch for the Labor Day Cruise. They were being sold right after muster. Price was $44 for eight beers (Bud, Bud Light or Mich Ultra). Asked if they could do Coronas and was told no. After the first purchase, you get six beers for the price of eight. Since it was just me and hubby (who doesn't drink!), I skipped it. But if they had said yes to Coronas, I would have purchased it. Great idea from RCI - now I am hoping they refine it.

Is the purpose of the bucket of beers so as to share with others? Most often, I've watched one person drink them all one after another.:eek:

On evening, guy came to dinner with his bucket...drank them all over the course of dinner.

It's really not that hard to drink a bucket of beer by yourself throughout the course of the day. I don't think that there's a "purpose" of the bucket of beer other than buying in bulk and saving some $$. Whether you drink it with others or yourself is up to you.

Also on the Monarch for the Labor Day Cruise. They were being sold right after muster. Price was $44 for eight beers (Bud, Bud Light or Mich Ultra). Asked if they could do Coronas and was told no. After the first purchase, you get six beers for the price of eight. Since it was just me and hubby (who doesn't drink!), I skipped it. But if they had said yes to Coronas, I would have purchased it. Great idea from RCI - now I am hoping they refine it.

Not much of a deal this way.

I'm sorry but your facts and figures are way off from all of my experiences.

My guess is that it would be domestics... Bud, Bud Light, Bud Select, Michelob Ultra, Miller Lite, MGD, Michelob Light, Coors Light, and Smirnoff Ice are the choices according to the bar menu I saw. If you don't like light beer, I hope you like Budweiser or Miller Genuine Draft.

Just off Oasis and they had the deal: $34 for first round of 8 beers... any domestic from the Bud or Miller (including Michelob) ... funny they didn't mention Coors to me, but that probably is included. Subsequent refills (as many as you like) of 8 beers (from same list) is $24. If your ice melts ... the bar or your stateroom attendant will refill it. It is a really good deal and you can obviously get more usage of the cooler at home etc....

The new deal includes a yellow Royal Caribbean insulated bag with handles and a shoulder strap. This past weekend was the first time I saw them, and it was on the Majesty. I was told the purchase price with 8 beers was $35. Subsequent fill-ups are $25.

And no, you can not buy the bag alone. I asked.

Just came back from the Enchantment & they were a big hit there. Lots of men buying them. Nice looking bag also.

This really is a very good deal..are there fridges on Majesty? On Liberty, the fridge would not keep the beers cold so I would usually go and exchange them for new ones at a bar..sort of defeats the purpose of taking them back to the room..but if you get a deal like this it's worth it..plus u can keep them on ice.

Archived