New bucket of beer deal?

frito58

I'm sorry but your facts and figures are way off from all of my experiences.

According some of the posts, there may be a discrepancy in pricing if your still in port because of local sales tax. Tips could be a factor also.

And I think maybe he/she meant, you get 8 beers for the price of 6.

Going to be on Serenade in a couple weeks.

Are they doing it there? I hope:p

Wish the offer was on other beers as well. Its a great deal to share with someone, my husband and son would love it, but my son doesn't care for Bud, he's a Sam Adams guy. My husband doesn't drink enough beer by himself to purchase it, he prefers mixed drinks. Sure is a great deal though and I like the bag!! I'm hoping they open it up with more selections.

Is buying this really a savings?? The drink menu shows a bottle of bud for $4.25, or is this not the true prices or possible not including gratuities. What is the true price on your sea card for one? Just wondering if there is a whole lot of savings.

Is buying this really a savings?? The drink menu shows a bottle of bud for $4.25, or is this not the true prices or possible not including gratuities. What is the true price on your sea card for one? Just wondering if there is a whole lot of savings.

If you add the 15% for automatic tip and it would be 4.89 for a single. The price works out to 3.60 with the bag/deal refills. Just hoping there really are more than Bud products included. Guess we will find out in about nine days! :)

$4.25 x 8 is $34. $9 off is pretty good savings.

On Freedom last week we searched for the "Yellow Cooler" Deal here is what we found......

First, we asked and the fact was confirmed the week prior the coolers were offered and sold many. It was a promotion sponsored by Bud Light, of course Bud Light products only.

When inquiring if this "Special" was going to be fleetwide or on our sailing, we got alot of raised eyebrows and questions of how we even knew of the "Yellow Coolers" WE then were directed to different bars of which no one could tell us the plan at all. Seems something is in the works, but no solid plan as of yet. The $33.00 is excatly the number a bartender mentioned and I spoke of the $25.00 refill and he laughed and asked how we knew so much. So the outcome is keep watching possibly something will develop that will benefit all.

Another thought possibly the Miller Lite Folks were not wild about Bud's Special and spoke up to RCCL. Lets watch and see.

My husband and I are on Freedom now.

He asked about the cooler bag Day 1, we were told not selling yet.

The bartender at pool said they did not sell them until the last day of the previous cruise.

He continued asking about the bag, one waiter told us he would sell the 8 beers for the refill price, told him no, we will wait for the bag.

Finally , yesterday afternoon, Day 4, we asked a pool waiter, he went somewhere to get a supply to begin selling.

Husband was offered Coors light, bud light, or miller light, or any bud product.

Sorry, don't know exact price, will post on that later.

BTW, we missed St Marten today, and will have a sea day instead.

Me too, anyone know if it is on the Grandeur or not? Thanks in advance!!!

We are in the middle of a b2b on the Grandeur and on cruise 1 they sold them in the Viking Crown on day one but decided to wait until after key west day 2 but on day 2 were told they were sold out! :eek:

Didn't see anyone have one though last week but wasn't by the pool that much. Will try to get one today.

We are in the middle of a b2b on the Grandeur and on cruise 1 they sold them in the Viking Crown on day one but decided to wait until after key west day 2 but on day 2 were told they were sold out! :eek:

Didn't see anyone have one though last week but wasn't by the pool that much. Will try to get one today.

Thanks for the info ;)

I understand that this new deal is still in its "experimental" stage, but RCI should really set out a clear policy and promote it as such. Even if it is just for a few weeks, they should have information about it and the rules should be consistent. They should tell people exactly what you get and when you can get it. They also should never sell out of the coolers.

I was on Liberty in June and they announced a deal the second day of the trip--pay $25 and get a sticker on your Seapass card which entitles you to 2 for 1 drinks of the day everyday. You could only get the designated drink of the day for that particular day. If you requested no souvenir cup, it came out to $6.61 with tip. It was a very good deal. RCI should see how excited people get over simple deals like this and possibly seek to come up with more.

Archived