Anyone buy a Philip Stein watch onboard?

lilacbirman

I bought a Philip Stein watch onboard the Sapphire and it came in a leather like wallet, no box, no warranty, no instructions, only the receipt. I questioned the sales person who told me that the watches did not come with anything other than the wallet. Later that day I went back to Facets and asked another guy about a warranty and booklet and he told me that he would check into it and that I should return that evening. Well unfortunately it was our last evening so I forgot and off course the next day we were off the ship. I was just curious about others who bought this watch brand, did you get a box, warranty card and booklet?

I did contact Princess so hopefully they will resolve this quickly. :)

I bought a Philip Stein watch onboard the Sapphire and it came in a leather like wallet, no box, no warranty, no instructions, only the receipt. I questioned the sales person who told me that the watches did not come with anything other than the wallet. Later that day I went back to Facets and asked another guy about a warranty and booklet and he told me that he would check into it and that I should return that evening. Well unfortunately it was our last evening so I forgot and off course the next day we were off the ship. I was just curious about others who bought this watch brand, did you get a box, warranty card and booklet?

I did contact Princess so hopefully they will resolve this quickly. :)

I don't know whats supposed to be included but as long as you have your receipt Princess is really good about backing up the products they sell onboard. They do have a special department that handles that so do give them a call.

We bought a different brand of watch onboard for my son and not only did the sales associate retrieve the box and instructions for us, she also filled out the warranty card on the spot to make sure all of the correct serial code information was filled in. I can't imagine any watch not coming with instructions or warranty card. You might want go to the Philip Stein web site and see if you could get assistance there as well.

I don't know whats supposed to be included but as long as you have your receipt Princess is really good about backing up the products they sell onboard. They do have a special department that handles that so do give them a call.

When I spoke to Princess rep, she said that Princess does not warranty the watch and that is why the boutique is supposed to give the brand warranty at the time of sale. Strange that the guy said it came with nothing but a wallet holder.

We bought a different brand of watch onboard for my son and not only did the sales associate retrieve the box and instructions for us, she also filled out the warranty card on the spot to make sure all of the correct serial code information was filled in. I can't imagine any watch not coming with instructions or warranty card. You might want go to the Philip Stein web site and see if you could get assistance there as well.

I went to Philip Stein's website which prompted me to called Princess this morning. Hopefully they will get the necessary items to me quickly.

Just was curious if anyone else who bought this brand was told the same thing or if they received box, warranty & booklets.

When I spoke to Princess rep, she said that Princess does not warranty the watch and that is why the boutique is supposed to give the brand warranty at the time of sale. Strange that the guy said it came with nothing but a wallet holder.

Maybe not warranty the watch but I think Princess would still be interested in your disatisfaction with the purchase, after all you only cruised in July.

I would think their buyers would be able to steer you in the right direction.

Was it a CSR that you spoke with or someone in the correct department?

I didn't buy my Philip Stein on board (got it in St. Maartin) but it had a warranty (which had the very important info on changing the battery at a non-authorized dealer) instruction book, and a box.

My cruising partner has also purchased numerous watches on Princess (gifts for collector husband) and has always received the box, instructions and warranty. For a high end watch like Philip Stein, those things are mandatory.

Bought my Philip Stein on the Ruby in February. I received all boxes warranty and paperwork. I was told by our sales person Laura that they do sometimes run out of the original packaging and just sell the watches. Don't know how that happens unless sometimes they just get the watches separately.

Bought my Philip Stein on the Ruby in February. I received all boxes warranty and paperwork. I was told by our sales person Laura that they do sometimes run out of the original packaging and just sell the watches. Don't know how that happens unless sometimes they just get the watches separately.

I agree, how do you run out of packaging? :confused:

Maybe not warranty the watch but I think Princess would still be interested in your disatisfaction with the purchase, after all you only cruised in July.

I would think their buyers would be able to steer you in the right direction.

Was it a CSR that you spoke with or someone in the correct department?

Yes Princess indeed was interested and was very helpful during my call today and as stated in my earlier post. I will hopefully receive all necessary items quickly. :)

Thanks for your input. Stange that the first sales guy told me that they only received the watches in the wallets with nothing else. Apparently he didn't really know and didn't bother to find out. :confused:

I purchased mine on the Ruby Princess this past May. It came in a beautiful tan, brushed leather inner box and a white outer box. The outer box has a little pouch on the side which contains all kinds of little booklets and an "International Warranty Card" filled out and stamped by Princess. It had all the info I needed to register the watch with Philip Stein on line. My watch was also purchased at Facets and I truly love it!

Did you folks find the Philip Stein watch to be less expensive on Princess? I'd love to get one!!!

Yes!!!! $650 USD retail. $519 princess. If you have a coupon book take 10% off. If you are Elite you can combine that coupon and your 10% Elite discount in the shops. I saved an additional $100!

Yes!!!! $650 USD retail. $519 princess. If you have a coupon book take 10% off. If you are Elite you can combine that coupon and your 10% Elite discount in the shops. I saved an additional $100!

Yep, same discounts that I received! And they are pretty strict about receiving the coupon. I had to go back to my cabin and bring in the coupon. :p

I purchased mine on the Ruby Princess this past May. It came in a beautiful tan, brushed leather inner box and a white outer box. The outer box has a little pouch on the side which contains all kinds of little booklets and an "International Warranty Card" filled out and stamped by Princess. It had all the info I needed to register the watch with Philip Stein on line. My watch was also purchased at Facets and I truly love it!

This is what I should have received and didn't. :( Don't know if they will be sending the box since I only received the little pouch. But most important is that I receive the International Warranty Card because without it, I'd be out of luck if I need the watch covered for repairs.

I checked out Nordstrom and the same watch was about $75 more. I bought the new single faced design and love it! It's looks so stylish! :)

Thanks for all the input!

Archived