Just received stateroom assign.

yenta

We had a guarantee for May on the Coral and just got our room. Exactly what we booked AB. Is there a chance this might change again since it is so early? I was shocked when I saw the number on our personalizer.

I found out our cabin assignment four days before our August 1 cruise on the Sapphire to Alaska. We booked the Island for Christmas while on the Sapphire. I received our cabin assignment the week after we got back--128 days from our cruise. In both instances, we went from an obstructed view guarantee to an unobstructed view. They're our first real upgrades. On our last two Princess cruises, we've gone from a lower obstructed view category to a slightly higher obstructed view category. On those, we knew weeks before the cruise what our cabin assignment was.

One of the couples we met at breakfast on the Sapphire had been similarly upgraded from an obstructed view to an unobstructed one. Until, that is, they found out they had received another upgrade when they checked in. They ended up in a balcony.

We booked Aug. 16th for our cruise in Jan. and just got our cabin assignment a few days ago. Checked the Princess website and prices had gone up and our category wasn't available anymore after their big sale in August. Maybe that's why we got assigned so soon. BTW, we got the category we booked, BD and a pretty good location, so we're happy.

We had a guarantee for May on the Coral and just got our room. Exactly what we booked AB. Is there a chance this might change again since it is so early? I was shocked when I saw the number on our personalizer.

Why would you be upset with an AB cabin? Isn't that a minisuite? And it's not right at the front or rear. Sounds like a good cabin to me unless you were hoping they would upgrade you to a suite. :confused:

We booked an gty inside (lowest category) on the Emerald less than a month ago for the 29 Oct departure. We received our cabin assignment a week or so ago and it is inside but the hightest category inside on the top of the cabin decks. Not outside but better than a sharp stick in the eye:o

I found out our cabin assignment four days before our August 1 cruise on the Sapphire to Alaska. We booked the Island for Christmas while on the Sapphire. I received our cabin assignment the week after we got back--128 days from our cruise. In both instances, we went from an obstructed view guarantee to an unobstructed view. They're our first real upgrades. On our last two Princess cruises, we've gone from a lower obstructed view category to a slightly higher obstructed view category. On those, we knew weeks before the cruise what our cabin assignment was.

One of the couples we met at breakfast on the Sapphire had been similarly upgraded from an obstructed view to an unobstructed one. Until, that is, they found out they had received another upgrade when they checked in. They ended up in a balcony.

This is exactly what happened to us on the Sapphire in May. We went from an obstructed view GTY to an unobstructed view. Only bad part was that it was way at the front of the ship and not as convenient to get to where we wanted to go. But we had a full view out the window, so were happy with it overall.

**SIGH** for the first time ever, I booked a GTY (OV). It's for my Thanksgiving cruise and I check religiously. No assignment and the suspense is killing me.

We booked a GTY mini-suite for our October 8th sailing...and we don't know our assignment yet either. :(

We sailed on the QM2 and got our assignment when we got to the ship! Of course we booked on a Tuesday and left 4 days later on Saturday!! :D

It's all good, I know if we get the AD category we booked, we will be happy, if it's a bit better, then even better!! Just so excited to know where our "home" will be for 16 days!! ;)

While we have never booked a minisuite guarantee, I believe most people book a guarantee for the lowest priced cabin in a category - e.g. BF/BG (depending on ship) balcony guarantee, then the "upgrades" from cabin assignments are pretty good. We've gotten a few BA's and a BC.

I think if one books a higher category cabin, like your AB within the minisuite type of cabin, then that is exactly what you will get.

Archived