VIP boarding

libby10205

I guess it all depends where you sail out of.. I've always seen a VIP line except for once.

Yes, there is a special VIP line at San Diego also and special seating while waiting in a converted warehouse.

In NYC had special line and special seating area also in the main bldg. with everyone else in a converted warehouse (although this was several years ago)

This is our first CCL cruise as a platinum member. Our luggage tags say VIP. Is this how the port will now to allow us access to the VIP embarkation area? This is really the only perk we are looking forward to so want to make sure I know exactly how it works.

Thanks!

Your boarding pass will say "VIP" You will find the boarding pass with you online documents. If you haven't looked in a few days you might review you documents. Carnival changed them in the last week or two. The boarding pass has replaced the fun pass.

We have a couple that cruises with us that are not VIP and this is what we do. When we book our cruise we put them on our credit card so at check in their sail and sign cards are with ours. After we get on board we go to the pursers desk and change the card. Since we are VIP and the first ones to board there is not a line at the desk.....takes 5 minutes.

Kinda like when people book with 2 different couples and one couple is a past guest......they book each non past guest with a past guest. Once on board just switch......

Good luck!

Kurbanfan, this is how we booked our three rooms. 2 are suites; 1 balcony. Guests in rooms are mixed due to military discounts (for suites) and past guest rate for balcony. Credit cards of suite guests were used to link balcony guests...so, I'm hopeful that S&S cards for balcony guests will be at VIP check-in. (If not, my Father-in-law and I will be waiting on the general line together...boy, will I need a DOD after that!!)

Does VIP check-in ever get crowded? I know many people like to board early (myself included), but 4 of our 6 are slower moving in the morning and would prefer to board early afternoon. If we arrived at the port at noon, would we be onboard by 1300? We're on the Freedom going out of FLL.

Thanks to all for your advice. Please don't respond if you're going to flame on the booking arrangements, see pages 2-4 of this thread for the flames...it's all been said already and what's done is done!

Kurbanfan, this is how we booked our three rooms. 2 are suites; 1 balcony. Guests in rooms are mixed due to military discounts (for suites) and past guest rate for balcony. Credit cards of suite guests were used to link balcony guests...so, I'm hopeful that S&S cards for balcony guests will be at VIP check-in. (If not, my Father-in-law and I will be waiting on the general line together...boy, will I need a DOD after that!!)

Does VIP check-in ever get crowded? I know many people like to board early (myself included), but 4 of our 6 are slower moving in the morning and would prefer to board early afternoon. If we arrived at the port at noon, would we be onboard by 1300? We're on the Freedom going out of FLL.

Thanks to all for your advice. Please don't respond if you're going to flame on the booking arrangements, see pages 2-4 of this thread for the flames...it's all been said already and what's done is done!

LOL! That last sentence made me crack up:D Why would I flame anyone that thinks outside of the box:p:D Good for you!

Your situation is a little different. You booked suites so the only privilage provided with that is VIP boarding. My post was referring to Platinum VIP's. If your credit cards are linked it should work. But.......if you need to change it over once on board you have to stand in the regular line which most the time is a nightmare.

As far as boarding ......they normally do not start letting people on the ship until 11:30........so in order to take advantage of the VIP boarding perks you need to get there between 10:30 and 11:30....that way you will be the first group to board.....behind weddings and handicap of course.

If you board later you will just go thru the VIP line and walk right on because eveyone else will already be able to board the ship........

Either way good luck!

LOL! That last sentence made me crack up:D Why would I flame anyone that thinks outside of the box:p:D Good for you!

Your situation is a little different. You booked suites so the only privilage provided with that is VIP boarding. My post was referring to Platinum VIP's. If your credit cards are linked it should work. But.......if you need to change it over once on board you have to stand in the regular line which most the time is a nightmare.

As far as boarding ......they normally do not start letting people on the ship until 11:30........so in order to take advantage of the VIP boarding perks you need to get there between 10:30 and 11:30....that way you will be the first group to board.....behind weddings and handicap of course.

If you board later you will just go thru the VIP line and walk right on because eveyone else will already be able to board the ship........

Either way good luck!

Kurbanfan, I didn't think you would flame me, just all the haters who think I'm trying to take advantage of CCL - which perhaps I am, but with two veterans in the family, they earned the discount!! (All I can offer my Father-in-law is my past guest discount, not as great a discount, but better than a kick in the ....).

We don't need to change cards once on board...but we do have to change people in rooms. I've been advised that it is easier to just get additional room keys vice trying to change names/rooms. Thoughts on this?

Thanks for your help!!

Kurbanfan, I didn't think you would flame me, just all the haters who think I'm trying to take advantage of CCL - which perhaps I am, but with two veterans in the family, they earned the discount!! (All I can offer my Father-in-law is my past guest discount, not as great a discount, but better than a kick in the ....).

We don't need to change cards once on board...but we do have to change people in rooms. I've been advised that it is easier to just get additional room keys vice trying to change names/rooms. Thoughts on this?

Thanks for your help!!

LOL! Don't worry about it.........everything you and I are discussing is within the guidelines with Carnival........so all the flames are irrelavant which in turn must make them angry.

If all your credit cards are linked you will have no problem. As far as changing cabins you need to go to guest service and have them changed......since you will have to stand in line you might as well do the name changes. Your cabin key is your S&S card and will have your name and picture embedded in it so this might cause for some confusion.

I read here that there is a separate VIP door in JAX. Entry from the outside? or is this after security?

It's outside. When you walk up to the building, past the porters area, as you come to the doors, the 1st one on the left has a sign that states VIP entrance above it and a staff member either just inside or outside of it to check your docs to make sure you are using the correct entrance. Others are directed to the middle and right side doors that are for non-VIP.

<<Aside: Hi ya K!:cool:>>

I have only used VIP for Long Beach and San Diego. We like to get to L.B. by about 12:30. One time the VIP check in was at least a 20 minute wait. Another time there was no wait. Both times on the Paradise. You can never really tell when there will be/won't be a long line to check in.

It's outside. When you walk up to the building, past the porters area, as you come to the doors, the 1st one on the left has a sign that states VIP entrance above it and a staff member either just inside or outside of it to check your docs to make sure you are using the correct entrance. Others are directed to the middle and right side doors that are for non-VIP.

Thanks! :D

Archived