VIP boarding

libby10205

The problem with trying to have non VIP passengers check in with you is that their room keys will be in the general boarding area. Last time we were in Miami a few platinum guest tried that and they were told that the non VIP guests would have to do general boarding but they were more then welcome to do general boarding also if they did not want to be split up.

Vinnie

Our second room is my mother and one daughter in an inside stateroom. I followed CCL's rules and have all of them on my sail and sign card. Should their boarding pass also say VIP at this point? How do I avoid any complications once I get to the port?

We have a couple that cruises with us that are not VIP and this is what we do. When we book our cruise we put them on our credit card so at check in their sail and sign cards are with ours. After we get on board we go to the pursers desk and change the card. Since we are VIP and the first ones to board there is not a line at the desk.....takes 5 minutes.

Kinda like when people book with 2 different couples and one couple is a past guest......they book each non past guest with a past guest. Once on board just switch......

Good luck!

Thanks for the suggestion! I hadn't thought about doing it that way. Hmmmmm, are they good enough friends to me for me to do this for them? :D

I have a question on this subject, me and my wife are leaving oct1 on imagination out of miami, her dad paid for all of us, and he got a suite, which means he got VIP check in, we have an oceanview, are we going to be able to check in together? I think they told us on the phone we could all check in at the VIP counter..

According to Carnival's rules, no. You would be able to check is as VIPs only if your sign and sail card charges were going on his credit card.

"VIP Check-In Program

Carnival’s VIP Check-In is an exclusive service designed to afford our Platinum guests, Carnival Vacation Club members and those traveling in deluxe suite accommodations with special registration privileges. Cruise tickets for Platinum guests and those traveling in deluxe accommodations will read, "Please proceed to VIP Check-In".

Qualifying guest need only to ask for “VIP Check-In” upon arrival at the cruise terminal. Embarkation staff will ensure that the guests are expedited through the check-in procedure as quickly as is possible, while providing quality service.

We offer VIP Check-In at ALL embarkation ports.

Note: For those guests traveling with an additional stateroom that does not fall into one of the three categories above, the additional stateroom may check in through the VIP Program only if, 1) there are minor children traveling in the additional stateroom, or 2) the guests in the additional stateroom share the same Sail & Sign account with the qualified VIP guest."

We have a couple that cruises with us that are not VIP and this is what we do. When we book our cruise we put them on our credit card so at check in their sail and sign cards are with ours. After we get on board we go to the pursers desk and change the card. Since we are VIP and the first ones to board there is not a line at the desk.....takes 5 minutes.

Kinda like when people book with 2 different couples and one couple is a past guest......they book each non past guest with a past guest. Once on board just switch......

Good luck!

I know I am going to be flamed, but telling someone to outright lie to save 5 minutes, to me, is really low! It's not fair to others that have cruised enough to be VIP. If boarding together is sooooooooooooooooooo important to you and them, why can't you just board in the regular line???

I can't believe the extremes people go to! And before you get on my case, I do go to the other line when I feel the people I am traveling with need to be with us. I also drive the speed limit. I am not perfect, but I sure in heck don't lie about something as ridiculous as getting onboard 5 minutes or so sooner.

Most times I agree with things you post, and I haven't ever seen you tell someone to lie. I guess I am just surprised.

I know I am going to be flamed, but telling someone to outright lie to save 5 minutes, to me, is really low! It's not fair to others that have cruised enough to be VIP. If boarding together is sooooooooooooooooooo important to you and them, why can't you just board in the regular line???

I can't believe the extremes people go to! And before you get on my case, I do go to the other line when I feel the people I am traveling with need to be with us. I also drive the speed limit. I am not perfect, but I sure in heck don't lie about something as ridiculous as getting onboard 5 minutes or so sooner.

Most times I agree with things you post, and I haven't ever seen you tell someone to lie. I guess I am just surprised.

Who lied:confused: Not me......

Note: For those guests traveling with an additional stateroom that does not fall into one of the three categories above, the additional stateroom may check in through the VIP Program only if, 1) there are minor children traveling in the additional stateroom, or 2) the guests in the additional stateroom share the same Sail & Sign account with the qualified VIP guest.

Can I add additional credit cards to my Sail & Sign account?

Yes. Throughout your cruise, the Guest Services Desk will be able to assist you with any changes to your account, including references, additional credit cards, cash deposits and setting spending limits.

http://www.carnival.com/cms/faq/default.aspx?faq=VIP

http://www.carnival.com/cms/faq/default.aspx?faq=sail+Sign

Last year my wife and I were platinum for the first time and boarded in NYC. My daughter(25) and her friend were not on same CC but entered the VIP line with us with no problems. The receptionist that checked us in walked 100 feet from us grabbed their sail and sign cards and that was it. They do make exceptions im sure but if you have 1 couple who is platinum and you try and bring a few others that are not platinum they may send them back to regular check in

Who lied:confused: Not me......

Note: For those guests traveling with an additional stateroom that does not fall into one of the three categories above, the additional stateroom may check in through the VIP Program only if, 1) there are minor children traveling in the additional stateroom, or 2) the guests in the additional stateroom share the same Sail & Sign account with the qualified VIP guest.

Can I add additional credit cards to my Sail & Sign account?

Yes. Throughout your cruise, the Guest Services Desk will be able to assist you with any changes to your account, including references, additional credit cards, cash deposits and setting spending limits.

http://www.carnival.com/cms/faq/default.aspx?faq=VIP

http://www.carnival.com/cms/faq/default.aspx?faq=sail+Sign

No matter how it's sliced it's the intent of your actions that come into question. Would you do it if those parties would have to stay on your Sail & Sign account? Of course not so going through the FAQs looking for loop holes to get around a rule speaks volumes of ones character.

Just my opinion,

Vinnie

No matter how it's sliced it's the intent of your actions that come into question. Would you do it if those parties would have to stay on your Sail & Sign account? Of course not so going through the FAQs looking for loop holes to get around a rule speaks volumes of ones character.

Just my opinion,

Vinnie

We cruise often with our children who are not platnium. Our PVP

recommends booking either my DH or myself into their room so that we

can all board VIP. My daughter puts her cc up for one room and we

do the other. Not a big deal.

Katiel53........ Calling Kurbanfan a liar? What's up with that? A little

harsh.

harsh.

I guess if it's the out come you want it's not a big deal. I can plainly see were you are coming from...

Just wanted to add that we sail with our children (28 and 25) and they go through general boarding always and we decide if we want to join them or not.

Vinnie

Just my opinion,

Vinnie

Actually it's called "thinking outside of the box" which is a problem solving exercise I was taught and perfected many years ago.;)

The INTENT IS for our party to board together.......I never denied that.

I never went looking for anything.......the facts presented themselves.

harsh.

Yep and people do it to get the past guest price.......but I guess that's okey dokey.....

I mentioned it to my TA and now she does it all the time for other clients......

Calling people liars and judging strangers characters speak for themselves.........

Actually it's called "thinking outside of the box" which is a problem solving exercise I was taught and perfected many years ago.;)

The intent is to misrepresent the facts in that all parties deserve to have priority boarding which they have not earned. You can still achieve the intent and board together without having to think outside of the box.

Vinnie

The intent is to misrepresent the facts in that all parties deserve to have priority boarding which they have not earned. You can still achieve the intent and board together without having to think outside of the box.

Vinnie

My intent is to all board together VIP......I never denied the other party was not VIP:confused: Infact Carnival knows they aren't. When we check in at VIP the other party has gold cards:D No misrepresentation, no lies.........

Calling people liars and judging strangers characters speak for themselves.........

Kurb - you are just so smart!:D:p

I know that this is most likely a stupid question, but since I am new to cruising and all, thought that I would go ahead and ask anyways.

VIP boarding ---- I take it depends on how many cruises you have previously taken and or what groups you are a member of? Just curious if there is a chance for a first timer to go through VIP or not. Just do not like long lines. Which I am sure most people don't.

I know that this is most likely a stupid question, but since I am new to cruising and all, thought that I would go ahead and ask anyways.

VIP boarding ---- I take it depends on how many cruises you have previously taken and or what groups you are a member of? Just curious if there is a chance for a first timer to go through VIP or not. Just do not like long lines. Which I am sure most people don't.

Yes! Book a suite. My parents are first time Carnival cruisers, but booked suites and are VIP.

Happy cruising to all!

Bob

Archived