"LIVE" From Explorer of the Seas-9/11/2010 Bermuda

Radio

I think we're way past Radio's bed time... looks like we'll have to wait until tomorrow to find out how much the lock repair cost!

:p

Theron

Ha ha. . yeah, you know me to well Theron.

The charge was $350. . .I think DanaR guessed it correctly :rolleyes:

I was floored when I heard the amount, but based on what some of the answers were. . . I guess I made out well. It will be nice to know that I will be able to start my car when I leave on Thursday.

When I spoke to the Tech on the phone, he asked "What kind of car do you have ? A Chrysler ? I told him Yes, how did you know ? I new I was in trouble then. . .

Radio

;);)

Are we using the same standards as "The Price is Right"????

Cost of Ignition Cylinder Assembly Part.....Minimal

Cost of Labor, Delivery of Part before you Sail, Travel Fees & Travel Time of the Mechanic to fix the Ignition Cylinder Assembly .......outrageous

Having a car that works when you get off The Explorer........Priceless!

My guess.........$1711.

Deb

Ha Ha. . Nice Deb, I love your math ! :D

Radio

;);)

Hello everyone. . . Last night for Formal Night and I went to the MDR, but I ended up going to the WJ. . .again. It seems that no one was at my table. I didn’t really want to be the only one at a table for 8. The food that was served in the WJ was very good. The presentation would have been much better in the MDR, but I enjoyed the meal and the stir fry was excellent. The Ice cream was good too. . .

The Captains Gala event was very crowded, and the champagne was flowing. Captain Olav Nyseter (Norwegian) is the longest serving Captain with RCI and brought Explorer over from the Shipyard when she was originally built in 2000. It is nice to know that he lives in my hometown (Baltimore), and I am surprised that he is not the Captain for Enchantment of the Seas which sails year round from Baltimore.

The production show was good, but I had to leave by 930, due to another informal CC meeting in the Cigar Bar with a few Cruise Critic posters. I wont be having any more cigars this trip though. . . After another Rocky Patel cigar, I felt like my head was spinning. . . .

I went over to the “Finish that Lyric” Show in Maharajah's and then had to hit the rack.

It normally would be 430AM, but we moved all clocks ahead 1HR yesterday, so it is now 530, and we are approaching Bermuda. We will see land in about 2 hrs, and I will have many pics of our approach a little later this morning.

Thanks for all of the very nice comments. . . I really love to bring you these "LIVE" reports, and I hope to bring you many more pics.

Here are a few pics from last night. More pics later this morning.

Radio

Captain Olav Gunnar Nyseter

SU24.JPG

The Royale Promenade was packed !

SU25.JPG

The Captain introduces his Officers and Sr. Managers

SU26.JPG

The Palace Theatre just before showtime.

SU28.JPG

“Invitation to Dance”

SU29.JPG

Looking up in the Royale Promenade

SU31.JPG

Radio,

My guess is $525

Ernie

Hello Radio

Love the Blog if it's not rude i would love to do this for our Trip on the 28th

Sitting in London it so cool to wake up and read what you been up to while i been a sleep

I Guess your repair bill to be close to $1500 ......

i very much look forward to reading your further postings

raj

Hello Radio

Love the Blog if it's not rude i would love to do this for our Trip on the 28th

Sitting in London it so cool to wake up and read what you been up to while i been a sleep

I Guess your repair bill to be close to $1500 ......

i very much look forward to reading your further postings

raj

Hey, Raj,

The bill was $350, he spilled the beans a few posts ago!

Ernie

I was with the Princeton group. The food on the Explorer was and is delicious! I enjoyed the chocolate cherry cake but gave 3/4 of mine to my husband since he is the "ultimate choco-holic".

I have several cruises under my belt, but thought doing the major auto company travel club tour with lunch was something different to do on a Saturday.

My husband and I have traveled on the Explorer in Nov 2009 and we had 12 Glorious Nights on her. The crew, the shows, the food and the Christmas decorations were all outstanding.

We took the Explorer tour yesterday and brought my folks with us because we wanted to encourage them to consider sailing out of NJ.

We will be sailing on Oct 28, 2010 with Ernie and his wife(laskoske).

How did you find the tour?

Did it help reassure you?

What cruise are you booked on?

Deb

We found the tour through the magazine they send to our house. Our cruise had already been booked when I found out about the tour, so DH and I were thrilled to be able to tour the ship ahead of time.

I love the tour. Our group was a bit slow, so we didn't get to see everything. Would have liked to see the spa & fitness area as well as the solarium. We're booked for December 10th Eastern Caribbean 9 nighter. When we got to the promenade rooms, our guide let us run down the hallway to see "our" room (7559) where we'll be staying in December. It was really fun to get some pictures ahead of time.

I was really surprised at how small the pools are. However, they never seem to be overcrowded in any pictures that are posted here. I'm still trying to convince the husband to upgrade to a balcony room, but I don't think that's going to fly.

Radio, Thanks for all the great pictures!! And, especially for posting the internet (WiFi) information.

How is the connection at Royal Caribbean Online? I wonder if its strong and if the cabins closeby would have WiFi by default??? (hey, a girl can dream!)

Thanks again for taking the time! Im still on the fence if im going to do a Live from on our holiday cruise!!

Good Morning everyone. . . Welcome to Bermuda ! We picked up the pilot early today at 730AM, and approached from the north side near St Georges, and Saint David’s Lighthouse.

We then approached through the channel very slowly, as we made our way to the West End, and the Dockyard. We arrived in Kings Wharf at about 830. The Captain just announced that the forecast for today will be beautiful, with sunny skies, and a slight breeze. It is currently 72F, and should warm up to about 84F.

The ship was cleared at 9:15. I will get off of the ship at 10AM and will be taking a ferry over to St Georges, and I will then go over to picked up my scooter by around 1PM.

I am planning to visit today, the St David’s Lighthouse, Tobacco Bay Beach, Crystal Caves, Aquarium, and the South side beaches. But you know how plans go. . . I may go somewhere completely different. But I know I will be able to see many areas today from beautiful Bermuda.

It turns out RCI will be providing entertainment at the Dockyard tonight, along with some local talent at 8PM. This will be held outside over by Clocktower Mall. The have added another Destination Dockyard for passengers of Explorer and Spirit.The last scheduled DD was to be in August. . .

With us today is Norwegian Spirit, docked at the New Heritage Wharf Pier, and we are currently docked at the Kings Wharf Pier.

Here are a few pics from our arrival. . . More pics later today !

Thanks for tuning in. . .

Radio

Early Morning view of the Pool area

M5.JPG

We pick up the pilot early this morning. . .

M11.JPG

The sun is starting to come up as we approach slowly

M12.JPG

We can see Saint David’s Lighthouse as we transit by the north side near St Georges

M14.JPG

Explorer is greeted by this morning by a warm sun !

M15.JPG

It looks like it will be a beautiful day. . .

M16.JPG

Here are a few more pics. . . More pics will be posted later today. . .

Thanks for tuning in. . .

Radio

The water during our approach is very blue and very calm. . .

M19.JPG

Norwegian Spirit will be docked in front of Explorer at Heritage Wharf

M25.JPG

We approach the pier at Kings Wharf slowly

M27.JPG

The Explorer of the Seas Bow thrusters inch us toward the pier. . .

M26.JPG

Taxis, and tour operators are awaiting our arrival

M28.JPG

We are tied up, and I am ready to explore Bermuda !

M31.JPG

Radio, Thanks for all the great pictures!! And, especially for posting the internet (WiFi) information.

How is the connection at Royal Caribbean Online? I wonder if its strong and if the cabins closeby would have WiFi by default??? (hey, a girl can dream!)

Thanks again for taking the time! Im still on the fence if im going to do a Live from on our holiday cruise!!

Sorry, CruiseDiva. . . . There is no Wi-Fi in the cabins. The speed is very good though, and I usually connect in the 19th Hole Sports Bar (Deck 14), or the Connoisseur Club on Deck 5.

I say GO for the "LIVE" trip report ! :) I will tune in. . .

Thanks for the nice comments !

Radio

;);)

Sorry, CruiseDiva. . . . There is no Wi-Fi in the cabins. The speed is very good though, and I usually connect in the 19th Hole Sports Bar (Deck 14), or the Connoisseur Club on Deck 5.

I say GO for the "LIVE" trip report ! :) I will tune in. . .

Thanks for the nice comments !

Radio

;);)

Thanks, Radio!! I didnt think any nearby cabins would have Wifi, but you never know. I think the last Live I did was 12/07 :eek:, the slow cyber cabin days.

This picture is amazing.

M5.JPG

I think RC should be paying you; with your great pictures and "live" reports; the best sales pitch they could have. I know if I wasn't boarding Explorer in 3 days, these awesome threads would make me run out and book a cruise; maybe I should book another one anyhow.

Thanks again for taking time to share. Awesome pictures.

What type of camera are you using? Megapixie and zoom? Makes my pictures look sick!... another ad campaign!

Also; we need a picture of YOU!

Hello everyone. . . Last night for Formal Night and I went to the MDR, but I ended up going to the WJ. . .again. It seems that no one was at my table. I didn’t really want to be the only one at a table for 8. The food that was served in the WJ was very good. The presentation would have been much better in the MDR, but I enjoyed the meal and the stir fry was excellent. The Ice cream was good too. . .

The Captains Gala event was very crowded, and the champagne was flowing. Captain Olav Nyseter (Norwegian) is the longest serving Captain with RCI and brought Explorer over from the Shipyard when she was originally built in 2000. It is nice to know that he lives in my hometown (Baltimore), and I am surprised that he is not the Captain for Enchantment of the Seas which sails year round from Baltimore.

The production show was good, but I had to leave by 930, due to another informal CC meeting in the Cigar Bar with a few Cruise Critic posters. I wont be having any more cigars this trip though. . . After another Rocky Patel cigar, I felt like my head was spinning. . . .

I went over to the “Finish that Lyric” Show in Maharajah's and then had to hit the rack.

It normally would be 430AM, but we moved all clocks ahead 1HR yesterday, so it is now 530, and we are approaching Bermuda. We will see land in about 2 hrs, and I will have many pics of our approach a little later this morning.

Thanks for all of the very nice comments. . . I really love to bring you these "LIVE" reports, and I hope to bring you many more pics.

Here are a few pics from last night. More pics later this morning.

Radio

Captain Olav Gunnar Nyseter

SU24.JPG

The Royale Promenade was packed !

SU25.JPG

The Captain introduces his Officers and Sr. Managers

SU26.JPG

The Palace Theatre just before showtime.

SU28.JPG

“Invitation to Dance”

SU29.JPG

Looking up in the Royale Promenade

SU31.JPG

Radio could you do me a favor take a picture of the latin band and the name of the band thanl you

Absolutely Beautiful pictures of the ship and the ocean. Thanks so much for doing this live report! DH and I will be on her in a month and a half (woo hoo!!) for the second time. I'm sitting here getting so excited seeing the pics/live reports.

Thanks again!! Have a great rest of your trip!!:D

Archived