"LIVE" From Explorer of the Seas-9/11/2010 Bermuda

Radio

Here are a few more pics. . . Sorry I had to post so late. . . I couldn’t get a connection earlier. . .

Radio

A short shuttle ride to the ship (2 min)

S14.JPG

There she is. . .We’re almost there.

S15.JPG

We have arrived at our home for the next 5 nights.

S16.JPG

The pool area will get a lot more crowded later. . . .

S17.JPG

I am in a standard D2 Cabin / Port Side / FWD

S18.JPG

The sun is bright today. . .

S22.JPG

Ok. . . Here are just a few more. I think I may be getting a little hungry. . .a little.

Thanks for tuning in. . .

Radio

The Sail away party started before we sailed away. . .

S28.JPG

A Ceremony is being set up for later tonight at the Memorial

S29.JPG

We sail slowly from New York to Bermuda. . .

S34.JPG

We approach the Verrazano Narrows Bridge

S35.JPG

We will be in open seas in a few moments.

S36.JPG

Hmmm. . . I may take a little snooze out here tomorrow

S37.JPG

Radio , I have sailed with you many times through your posts, now I am actually onboard with you ..Hope to actually meet you..Maybe in the concierge lounge. ..I wont even think of posting now that I see your on here..Love your posts ..Great work..Im in 7688 corner aft my favorite cabin

We just left that cabin this morning! Have a great cruise everyone, we did.

Say Hi to Hilly and Beci in the Crown & Kettle for Pat & John.

Radio, thanks for the update on your car trouble. Actually its not that uncommon, I had a 76 Chevy Nova (gosh remember those?) and it did the same thing, had it towed 3 times before they figured it our and had to replace a thingamajig ...sorry can't remember that mechanical and technical stuff. :eek: :D

Looks like the Explorer is off to a great start!!!

Pictures are great..keep them coming!

Radio, thanks for the update on your car trouble. Actually its not that uncommon, I had a 76 Chevy Nova (gosh remember those?) and it did the same thing, had it towed 3 times before they figured it our and had to replace a thingamajig ...sorry can't remember that mechanical and technical stuff. :eek: :D

Looks like the Explorer is off to a great start!!!

Pictures are great..keep them coming!

key cylinder of the ignition switch

Ok. . . Here are just a few more. I think I may be getting a little hungry. . .a little.

Thanks for tuning in. . .

Radio

The Sail away party started before we sailed away. . .

S28.JPG

A Ceremony is being set up for later tonight at the Memorial

S29.JPG

We sail slowly from New York to Bermuda. . .

S34.JPG

We approach the Verrazano Narrows Bridge

S35.JPG

We will be in open seas in a few moments.

S36.JPG

Hmmm. . . I may take a little snooze out here tomorrow

S37.JPG

love love the pictures. what a beautiful day to sail!!!

Hi Radio, thanks again for taking the time to take us along with you! DH and I sail 10/23, and are really looking forward to all of the wonderful info and amazing photos as a warm up!

Today was so beautiful, we decided to do a dry run, visit the 9/11 memorial and watch you all sail into the sunset! I had to laugh when I saw the picture of the ceremony set-up - we are in your photo!!! :eek: We have never met, and as we were people watching, were wondering if you were up there somewhere...and Meg too! Love her expertise as well!

Have a wonderful trip!

Good morning everyone. . . Yes it is early today. I slept like a baby last night, but I had to get up. . .

I forgot to mention yesterday that the Captain, had a minute of silence yesterday during the Muster drill for the victims of the 911 tragedy.

There were a few tears, as thousands of passengers stood still out in view of the Twin Towers area.

I used to get excellent signal strength in the Connoisseur Club on Deck 5, but the signal was so weak, I couldn't connect. I am up on the Pool deck now, near the Solarium. I will have to check out all Wi Fi Areas this week.

I told Mrs Radio how much I was charged for the Emergency Repair. . . She was floored. . . . I'm going to throw it out to the CC Members out there for a guess. Yes, it was a Saturday for the repair, and Yes they came to me. . . The repair was for the Ignition Cylinder assembly. . . Any guesses?

We have our informal meet and Mingle today at 2PM. . . .

I need some coffee. More pics later !

Note to self < < < Don't let Medic Ken treat you to a Rocky Patel Cigar. I feel like I got blitzed last night. I still feel light headed . . . :o (and I don't drink) :o

Radio

;);)

Hello everyone. . . Today is our first day at sea, and it will be filled with many, many activities for all ages. The nice thing is that you don’t have to participate in any activity . . .

The Captain’s Gala is tonight, and there will be the Production Show, “Invitation to Dance” in the Palace Theatre. There will also be the Ice Show, “Spirit of the Seasons” in Studio B.

It is funny how the crew has a different take on cruises, and cruising weather. I was speaking with 2 crew members in the Windjammer, and a passenger asked them about the weather this week(for our trio to Bermuda). They responded “Anything is better than the weather last week” I jumped in to ask why was so bad about last week (9 Night Canada/ New England). Crew: “It was very cold and very windy. . .the water was rough. . .it was not good”

When I mentioned this response to my cabin attendant, she replied “ It was wonderful weather. . .Isn’t it supposed to be colder in Canada than Bermuda” Those guys (WJ Crew) are just spoiled by warm weather. It was a great cruise !

Oh well. . . Everyone has there own thoughts. I guess the same goes for the passengers as well a lot of people love the cruise, and a lot of people aren’t too happy when they return.

It is a relaxing morning and we still have about 400 nm until we get to Bermuda. The forecast for today is nice. . . Sunny skies (w/a few clouds), and 78F.

The seas are calm, and Explorer of the Seas providing us with a smooth ride. . .

Here are a few pics from this morning. . . More pics later today!

Thanks for tuning in.

Radio

Early morning in the Royal Promenade

SU1.JPG

The Connoisseur Club (Cigar Bar)

SU3.JPG

Early morning Viking Crown Lounge

SU8.JPG

The sun is try to come up today, in the Atlantic

SU11.JPG

We are welcomed by smooth seas, this morning. . .

SU12.JPG

There are a few clouds, but they will be gone soon

SU14.JPG

Loving it, Radio, thanks!

I am reliving our June cruise...we were in 7320, so I just popped out to the Library for my wifi connection. It was a little weak when I sat along the edges of the library, but quite strong when I sat on the couches in the middle. Probably because of the open area above the library connecting it with RCI Online.

Will be following...

Sue

I told Mrs Radio how much I was charged for the Emergency Repair. . . She was floored. . . . I'm going to throw it out to the CC Members out there for a guess. Yes, it was a Saturday for the repair, and Yes they came to me. . . The repair was for the Ignition Cylinder assembly. . . Any guesses?

First of all thanks for sharing with us, it makes me feel as if I'm on the Explorer and not 88 days away.

I had the same problem with a '80 Chevette, I delivered pizza for 10 months and would starts the car about 30 times a day, just wore it out. I changed it myself, took about 6 hrs since I didn't know what I was doing. I think the part was $10.00.

Taking into account for inflation and the outrageous cost, I would guess $350.

HELP: Quick question to anyone reading this thread

Any suggestions on the most reasonable way to get from airport to port in Bayonne? We have lots of time.

Thanks

Airport to Port is about 15min. If you are driving. take NJ Turnpike to exit 14A, follow signs to 440. Cape Liberty signs are all over the place. Otherwise, I would take a taxi.

Carol

First of all thanks for sharing with us, it makes me feel as if I'm on the Explorer and not 88 days away.

Dana- Same for us. I can't wait!

We were with the luncheon group that got on the ship early yesterday. It was a tour sponsored by a local branch of a major travel company. We spent 2+ hours touring the ship, rooms, restaurants, bars, etc. The day ended with a wonderful lunch in the MDR.

As December will be our first cruise ever, it was a great opportunity to see what we have to look forward to! Your pictures are great, and I can't wait to be back on the ship.

Radio (and others who have tried recently),

How is the wireless when you are in your cabin?

Thanks,

RA

We were only steps from the library (and only one deck below RCI Online), in a hump cabin, and I had no wireless signal in the cabin at all. I think if anyone does have it in the cabin, it's a fluke, as Explorer does not advertise that it is available in the cabins.

Dana- Same for us. I can't wait!

We were with the luncheon group that got on the ship early yesterday. It was a tour sponsored by a local branch of a major travel company. We spent 2+ hours touring the ship, rooms, restaurants, bars, etc. The day ended with a wonderful lunch in the MDR.

As December will be our first cruise ever, it was a great opportunity to see what we have to look forward to! Your pictures are great, and I can't wait to be back on the ship.

Hi AllieKat79, were you with the Hamilton group that got on the ship early yesterday or the Princeton group? We had lunch in the MDR too! We were probably with you! It was a great overview of the Explorer and I really enjoyed touring the different staterooms. I also thought the lunch in the MDR was delicious!

HELP: Quick question to anyone reading this thread

Any suggestions on the most reasonable way to get from airport to port in Bayonne? We have lots of time.

Thanks

I would suggest a car service. We used Dial 7 to go from Cape Liberty to Times Square. Check the East Coast Departures section on these boards and there is info on Cape Liberty, Newark Airport and transportation.

Archived