Safety or Smuggling?

CDorsey1981

No I majored in chemistry and can tell you that a simple person with the right formula can create something just as ungodly as C4. Any person with an Internet connection can find the right formula. it doesn't take much. Hence why there is the 3 oz rules when flying.

So, that's what you're doing with your chemistry degree, huh? Hmmm... good to know. :confused:

Wow.... sometimes..........

So, that's what you're doing with your chemistry degree, huh? Hmmm... good to know. :confused:

Wow.... sometimes..........

Sorry you don't get it but that is fine. I actually use my chemistry degree to try and make the planet more green. Like trying to take the harmful effect of carbon dioxide out of the burning of coal.

Sorry you don't get it but that is fine. I actually use my chemistry degree to try and make the planet more green. Like trying to take the harmful effect of carbon dioxide out of the burning of coal.

Oh hell... a "don't drink bottled water" guy? Green? Seriously... in the spirit of a cruise topic, how GREEN do you think a CRUISE SHIP is? Dude... pick your battles. That's all I have to say about this.......... have a good one.

Oh hell... a "don't drink bottled water" guy? Green? Seriously... in the spirit of a cruise topic, how GREEN do you think a CRUISE SHIP is? Dude... pick your battles. That's all I have to say about this.......... have a good one.

WOW what a way to take something and take it completely off course. All I was stating is that you can as much destructive power from C4 as you can get from just everyday materials. I guess ignorance is bliss.

:cool:

I just try to make sure everyone's T1 works. Your job sounds more fun..

WOW what a way to take something and take it completely off course. All I was stating is that you can as much destructive power from C4 as you can get from just everyday materials. I guess ignorance is bliss.

:cool:

Go with your electric car and try to save the world, k? This whole "green" grud is totally muddying the waters. Back up, take a breath, TAKE A CRUISE, and then guess what... you'll be fine. :D

ETA: Yep. I prefer T1 to C4. :D

Have a GREAT trip!

I just try to make sure everyone's T1 works. Your job sounds more fun..

LOL not to sure about that I think I would enjoy making sure everyone's Internet works at the highest speed possible. At least at the end of the day you have accomplished something. Some days I go home wondering what went wrong.

go with your electric car and try to save the world, k? This whole "green" grud is totally muddying the waters. Back up, take a breath, take a cruise, and then guess what... You'll be fine. :d

eta: Yep. I prefer t1 to c4. :d

have a great trip!

nvm!!

II guess I would be teaching my kids its ok to break the rules no matter what.

Whether you teach them that or not, someday they will find out that some rules are made to be broken. It's too bad you apparently don't agree.

Notice I said "rules" not "laws".

If people did not break the rules when they felt strongly that the rules were wrong, we would still have separate bathrooms for separate races.

When you smuggle alchohol in your luggage you run the rish of it breaking and ruining your clothes and the clothes of others when the dock workers toss your suitcase into those giant bins that get loaded onto the ship.Go ahead and ask me how my family knows this? Last cruise in 09 ,one of our suit cases and all of my wifes clothes inside of it were ruined buy some *****'s bottle of RED WINE!!!!!.From now on we pack everything in garbage bags first to prevent further occurences.

When you smuggle alchohol in your luggage you run the rish of it breaking and ruining your clothes and the clothes of others when the dock workers toss your suitcase into those giant bins that get loaded onto the ship.Go ahead and ask me how my family knows this? Last cruise in 09 ,one of our suit cases and all of my wifes clothes inside of it were ruined buy some *****'s bottle of RED WINE!!!!!.From now on we pack everything in garbage bags first to prevent further occurences.

You can take comfort in the fact that his clothes were not only covered in red wine but also broken glass. It's funny how my glass never breaks and no one else's breaks and leaks on my luggage. I guess I'm just lucky.

No - I do not believe alcohol is a safety issue, any more than it is a safety issue back home.

If people truly believed alcohol was a danger to society, we would not have it legal. People tried to prohibit it once. Bad decision. 'Nuff said.

So, if you accept that alcohol is not a safety issue then what other reason could there be to prohibit it? Maybe the almighty dollar?

Yes, I view my cruise cabin as my home away from home, and my personal space while I am a guest on the cruise ship. The cruise line cannot tell me what I can or cannot do in there, unless it is illegal or unsafe. Alcohol is neither.

Now, I can understand that it is poor manners to bring outside booze into a bar or a theater where booze is being sold. Same goes for the restaurants. But if I only drink it in my cabin... is it OK then? I say it is, and I really don't give a d@#! what the cruise line thinks or about their bar revenue.

What is wrong with the cruise line making the "almighty" dollar? I believe that is what they are in business for. To make as much profit as they can. Not to give free rides.

The liquid combinations are just as dangerous. cbatsea, my POINT that I was trying to get across was that people who are Xrays look for things that are normal/consistent...so OF COURSE the normal shampoo bottle or conditioner bottle wouldnt alarm their eye because its allowed and normal...but people use rumrunners to intentionally smuggle a prohibited item...

This is all that needs to be said about this topic.

The ban on bringing alcohol on board has less than nothing to do with security and everything to do with cruise line profits.

No I majored in chemistry and can tell you that a simple person with the right formula can create something just as ungodly as C4. Any person with an Internet connection can find the right formula. it doesn't take much. Hence why there is the 3 oz rules when flying.

I am not flaming you or critizing you; I am curious. So, what prevents, say 3 or 4 terrorists from getting on the same plane with their own 3 oz liquid bottles in the ziploc bag and then combining them to have the "right" amount of liquid for an explosion? I have always wondered that.

The liquid combinations are just as dangerous. cbatsea, my POINT that I was trying to get across was that people who are Xrays look for things that are normal/consistent...so OF COURSE the normal shampoo bottle or conditioner bottle wouldnt alarm their eye because its allowed and normal...but people use rumrunners to intentionally smuggle a prohibited item...

Ay Caramba:rolleyes:

You just basically answered your own question in regards to the shampoos, conditioners etc.......if they were worried that liquid was a safety issue on a ship (which it is not) they wouldn't allow ANY liquid.

Now back to our regular program:D

That is the dumbest statement anyone could have made:(

Not really as you can have these substances on you and it not be detected. Plus they are more powerful than the liquid stuff.

The scary part is that we have been lucky and there is not an abundance of high explosives out there. If they cannot keep the drugs out, they definitely cannot keep out other stuff. It is just a matter of time (not if) before the next event occurs.

Dave

Archived