Water, water, everywhere,: but

trenter33

We got bottles of water faster than we could drink them, if there are none sitting out in the cabin they will be replaced any time the steward checks the room, and if thats not enough just ask for more.

John.

Generally your room steward will replace the water when they service your room. If you see the steward in the hallway, they may be able to get you an extra bottle or two. It is not necessairly Evian water. On some sailings it is, some sailings people receive other brands. As others have said, the ship's tap water is fine to drink, so need to purchase a water package.

Since you are in Aqua Class another good place to get water is the Relaxation Room. They have help-yourself pitchers of fruit infused water there. Very tasty.

I asked the question about the bottled water and Luvtocook replied that she requested 4 bottles each night instead of the normal two be left in her cabin. She would put them in the refrigerator and they were always replaced when the steward found she needed more. She said she saved over $400 on bottled water alone on an 11 day cruise. They drink lots of water!! She also said that she received large bottles of Evian but I do know that it varies by ship, sometimes you get small bottles and sometimes different brands.

Did AQ twice and I would have to say it depends on your room steward. On our first AQ cruise they were replaced as soon as we took them. We usually put a couple in the frig and then they put new ones on the counter. Second cruise we got more than two a day but they were not replaced when we used them. Also, remember the first day you get there they will have a larger bottle of water available next to the two smaller ones. The smaller ones are free, the larger one is about 4 dollars...

The free water is definitely not Evian....

It is on some cruises. On mine it was not Evian, but several people have reported receiving Evian as the complimentary AQ water. I guess it depends on whatever water the ship is able to stock up when it replenishes supplies.

Our room steward would leave two bottles at a time but then when she realized how much water we drank, she started leaving us four bottles at a time. Also we requested the pitcher, that is usually filled with herbal tea, be filled with water instead.

Yea, I know the water is good, but I like a fresh bottle. i also do drink a glass of water at meals. I was wondering how many bottle of the Evian you get a day in your stateroom. The rep at X did not know.

Seriously? You need to have fresh BOTTLE? Gonna get on my greenie wagon here ... do you have any idea how much waste that creates? The ship's water is great. Bring your own bottle and a bit of dish detergent if you want to be sure that it's clean.

Seriously? You need to have fresh BOTTLE? Gonna get on my greenie wagon here ... do you have any idea how much waste that creates? The ship's water is great. Bring your own bottle and a bit of dish detergent if you want to be sure that it's clean.

I have the same weeny concern! Don't need all those plastic bottles! Would rather have a very nice re-fillable sports bottle! Maybe that's what they should give you!

Did AQ twice and I would have to say it depends on your room steward. On our first AQ cruise they were replaced as soon as we took them. We usually put a couple in the frig and then they put new ones on the counter. Second cruise we got more than two a day but they were not replaced when we used them. Also, remember the first day you get there they will have a larger bottle of water available next to the two smaller ones. The smaller ones are free, the larger one is about 4 dollars...

I found the above to be true, no Evian on Solstice, but we got all the standard bottled water we wanted, he kept us refilled several times a day, even brought us a BIG bucket that he kept filled with ice so that it was always very cold(DH's beer too...:D) But I've read others that said they got 2 only, so it really does depend on your cabin steward, ours was Oliver and he was THE best we've ever had. Hope we see him again on Eclipse this November!

Like I said earlier:

We got bottles of water faster than we could drink them, if there are none sitting out in the cabin they will be replaced any time the steward checks the room, and if thats not enough just ask for more.

John.

If you need more just tell the steward what you want.

I have the same weeny concern! Don't need all those plastic bottles! Would rather have a very nice re-fillable sports bottle! Maybe that's what they should give you!
You guys wanna put a plastic bottle factory worker out of business? There is already enough unemployed folks out there. Every action will have an equal opposite reaction. Plastic is recycleable. Sorry to be so blunt, its just an opinion that I realize no one asked for.

I am so confused

Does Aqua Class receive FREE BOTTLED water in the cabin( per request or not) every day ? once? never?

We are sailing AQ on Solstice in a week

Thanks!

When you get on the ship there will be three bottles of water on the counter above the frig. One will be larger than the other two. The two that are the same size are the free water, the other you pay for. I just told the steward we were not interested in the paid water and I never saw them again. Just ask if you want more...

I am so confused

Does Aqua Class receive FREE BOTTLED water in the cabin( per request or not) every day ? once? never?

We are sailing AQ on Solstice in a week

Thanks!

Every day. 2 more bottles would appear on the tray. We enjoyed them most when we returned from the Caribbean ports and were able to have cold water in our stateroom while getting ready to shower.

When you get on the ship there will be three bottles of water on the counter above the frig. One will be larger than the other two. The two that are the same size are the free water, the other you pay for.

Thats good to know, thanks for the heads up. It probably says on it that you must pay for it?

Every day. 2 more bottles would appear on the tray. We enjoyed them most when we returned from the Caribbean ports and were able to have cold water in our stateroom while getting ready to shower.

Thank you!!! Awesome!! That means i don't have to schlep water with us.. woohoo!!!

• 1 year later...

I've purchased the premium non-alcoholic package, mostly to make sure I can get good water but also for the good coffee and other things. If there is not enough bottled water in my stateroom, and I'm walking about the ship, where would I go to get it? Could I just go into one of the bars/lounges and ask for a bottle(s)? Any place in particular? I drink water all day long. Thanks much.

Yea, I know the water is good, but I like a fresh bottle. i also do drink a glass of water at meals. I was wondering how many bottle of the Evian you get a day in your stateroom. The rep at X did not know.

You will get zero bottles of Evian. The water included for Aquaclass is just regular bottled water.

From one of my previous posts in the forum from our Solstice cruise in 2010:

Each morning when the steward tidies up the room, the pitcher tray will be restocked with two bottles of water, the ice bucket will be refreshed, and the pitcher will be filled with fresh herbal tea. It's was only stocked once a day in the morning when we were on Solstice. We didn't use the bottled water until our first time ashore; so we just put the bottles from the first day in the mini fridge. By the next day we had 4 bottles; so took out the two in the fridge for use and put the 2 new bottles in there for the next time we needed some. We didn't use the water every day and at the end of our cruise we had 4 to carry home. Our bottles were clear colorless plastic with pink caps and this is what the label looked like:

water-bottle-label-1.jpg

For what it's worth I do not agree that ship water tastes fine. I don't even like it for brushing my teeth. At home we only drink filtered water. The aquaclass bottled water is okay to me though.

I've purchased the premium non-alcoholic package, mostly to make sure I can get good water but also for the good coffee and other things. If there is not enough bottled water in my stateroom, and I'm walking about the ship, where would I go to get it? Could I just go into one of the bars/lounges and ask for a bottle(s)? Any place in particular? I drink water all day long. Thanks much.

Are you staying in Aqua Class? If not the water in your room will not be free - even if you have the premium package. You can obtain bottled water from any of the on board bars and restaurants. You can get them to go if you would like, but just one at a time with the package. If you are in Aqua Class you will receive complimentary bottled water in your stateroom daily; usually you receive two bottles per day, but if you ask for more the room steward will almost always oblige.

FYI, in the future it is best to start a new thread to ask a question rather than post on an old thread as most people miss your question and begin responding to outdated posts from early in the thread without noticing it is an old thread.

Archived