Venice transportation to hotel

nana2D

I have been to Venice Link & several other sights trying to get from Marco Polo directly to our hotel, Splendid, (which many private boats do not go to) however, we will have a fair amount of luggage so trying to get from the San Marco stop to the hotel would be difficult, also getting luggage on and off the vaporetto would be a challenge. I have just been quoted 165 E which seems really high. Does anyone have any other places or quotes?

Thanks!!

I have been to Venice Link & several other sights trying to get from Marco Polo directly to our hotel, Splendid, (which many private boats do not go to) however, we will have a fair amount of luggage so trying to get from the San Marco stop to the hotel would be difficult, also getting luggage on and off the vaporetto would be a challenge. I have just been quoted 165 E which seems really high. Does anyone have any other places or quotes?

Thanks!!

A private water taxi is the only way to go in comfort; especially after a long tiring flight. There is no better way to reach your hotel from the airport. The other alternative is the alilaguna service (private water bus) The nearest stop is St Marks and then you would have to walk 500 yards to the hotel. Also Alilaguna only runs every 60 minutes and takes an hour to St. Mark's.. Bite the bullet, take a water taxi. Get it at the desk in the airport. You most likely will find someone to share with. If you insist, the website for the water bus is http://www.alilaguna.it You would use the gold ORO line and pay 25 euro per person.

Thanks!!

We used the Alilaguna Line ORO (Gold) from the Airport to P. San Marco. It's 30 Euros one way, 50 RT. Takes an hour. Unlike the Vaporettos, the Alilaguna is designed for passengers with luggage. They have people to help you on and off. It's about 2000 feet from the S. Marco stop to the Splendid. You really need to limit your luggage when going to Venice. We each pulled 2 trolley bags and had no problems.

Thanks!!

Well, the other posts are correct that the only way to easily do this is by private water taxi. However, 165 E sounds too high for 2 people plus luggage so you should keep e-mailing various companies. We would expect to find a water taxi for this route for approximately 110 Euros. If you have no better luck try this web site:

http://www.venicewelcome.com/servizi/taxi/watertaxi.htm

Hank

Could anyone tell me how to get from the Port in Venice to Marco Polo Airport early morning. Disembarkation is at 5 am and flight at 6:55am inorder to get a connecting flight back to the US. Could we book a private taxi? Any recommendations would be appreciated. Thanks.

You absolutely need to book a car service or taxi, you have virtually no room for error. If the ship is even a few minutes late letting people off, you could be in real trouble making your flight.

I'm assuming that your first flight is within the Schengen countries, so at least you won't have the passport control stop to make.

This is the taxi company listed on the cruise port's web site: Radiotaxi - Tel. +39 041 5952080

Cruise port web site: http://www.port.venice.it/pdv/Pagina.do?metodo=dettaglio&id_cat=pax00000000000000001

when I emailed several companies they stated they do not go to the Hotel Splendid. Yes, they do have their own dock. Thanks for all the replies, I'm still trying to get it booked.We have made these hotel reservations several months ago so I'm not looking to change hotels, replying to the person who mentioned finding a hotel . Again, thanks so very much for the replies.

Have you tried this company?

http://www.motoscafivenezia.it./company-en.html

Isn't the dock for the water taxis and alilaguna quite a hike from the airport?

I recalled reading about that so it got me curious. I pulled up this site which is where I had read about the long walk. Hopefully someone will chime in on how difficult it is or isn't.

http://europeforvisitors.com/venice/articles/water-taxis-how-to-hire.htm

Have you tried this company?

http://www.motoscafivenezia.it./company-en.html

Isn't the dock for the water taxis and alilaguna quite a hike from the airport?

I recalled reading about that so it got me curious. I pulled up this site which is where I had read about the long walk. Hopefully someone will chime in on how difficult it is or isn't.

http://europeforvisitors.com/venice/articles/water-taxis-how-to-hire.htm

We walked from the pier to the airport. It is an easy, level, covered walk. It is 500 yards takes about 8 minutes. Porters and luggage carts are available at a cost. Not any further than from the parking lot to the terminal in many large airports or from one terminal to another at O'Hare

Thanks!!

I posted a thread on Venice Link. It is unlikely that they will get you direct to your hotel. They stop at the San Marco stop at the Grand Canal. There are porters there who will take your luggage to your hotel. Our charge was 25 euros and we had to walk 7-10 minutes to the hotel.

As others have suggested on the thread, best bet is to contact the hotel and have them put you in contact with private services.

Could anyone tell me how to get from the Port in Venice to Marco Polo Airport early morning. Disembarkation is at 5 am and flight at 6:55am inorder to get a connecting flight back to the US. Could we book a private taxi? Any recommendations would be appreciated. Thanks.

I hope you have an alternative flight since there is a good chance for not making your 6:55 flight.

I posted a thread on Venice Link. It is unlikely that they will get you direct to your hotel. They stop at the San Marco stop at the Grand Canal. There are porters there who will take your luggage to your hotel. Our charge was 25 euros and we had to walk 7-10 minutes to the hotel.

As others have suggested on the thread, best bet is to contact the hotel and have them put you in contact with private services.

The quote I got originally (165 E) was from the hotel, which I thought was quite high, my reason for trying to find another source. Where do you find the porters? And how did you get to San Marco with luggage?

I suggest you post to tripadvisor and see if a local expert can provide a suggestion. There are previous posts about transportation to Hotel Splendid and it seems to be an issue. The latest person took the alilaguna since she was going to have to walk from st marks anyway.

http://www.venicelink.com/index.php?page=shop.browse&category_id=11&option=com_virtuemart&Itemid=43&lang=english

Thanks for all the replies. I checked on Trip Advisor and several mentioned Venice link but I had contacted them already and they do not go to Hotel Splendid. Maybe we'll just wait and go to the desk when we get off the plane.

In this economy why would a driver pass up the opportunity when you arrive at the dock? (assuming that it's possible to get to your hotel dock). Odd that it's been noted as an issue with other travellers. I wonder what it is. You'll have to post here and on tripadvisor when you return and let everyone know how it went. Good luck !

Thanks for all the replies. I checked on Trip Advisor and several mentioned Venice link but I had contacted them already and they do not go to Hotel Splendid. Maybe we'll just wait and go to the desk when we get off the plane.

http://europeforvisitors.com/venice/articles/water-taxis.htm

THis Website is really all you need. It even includes the comment that the hotel may mark up the charge outrageously. You won't have any trouble if you wait until you get there unless a whole bunch of planes arrive at once.

Archived