Childrens membership reverts to Gold when they reach 18

kimberley

Just received an updated cruise history from Rccl here in the UK. It states that my youngest daughter who is diamond through my husband and I will revert to being a gold member when she is 18. My older daughter who is diamond in her own right reverts to being gold!!! So rccl does take away the membership. The cruise credits they have given my 20 year old is 4!!!! Strange but as she started cruising with them when she was 13.

thanks for posting, I am curious....

children still get credit for cruises they have actually taken, right? so if DS has taken 5 cruises, he should at least be platinum when he turns 18?

Just want to make sure they don't revert back to "0"...

Yes they do but you have to make sure that those cruises have been registered. They are checking my childrens as we speak. I have the sail passes from most but just looking for the others. Apparently it changed three weeks ago. Even though I have paper work welcome them to being Diamond members!!!

Always check the cruising history when your child turns 18. My son's account was missing credits but I had the info so they adjusted his history after I emailed them.

It sounds like you are saying they remove the cruises in their account once they turn 18. It doesn't make sense that she reverts to gold membership; if they take all her credits away she is not a C&A member at all.

I'll be interested to see if we get anything. I have an 18 year old who's a Diamond member and sailed with us on 28th August and received Diamond booklet, invitations etc - our other son will also turn 18 next summer.

This is yet another example of how frustrating it is for us C & A members in the UK, since we can't check our status online. I truly do not see why it's such a problem to make it available to us. We have no idea how many credits C & A think each of us has, as sometimes they've been OK with us putting the kids in a cabin opposite and sometimes they've made us split the kids between our JS and their inside.

That's strange...

My now 26 year old daughter took her first cruise without us on the Freedom of the Seas when she was 24...

When I booked it for her, I called Crown & Anchor to make sure she was properly enrolled in the program and to check her status...and they classified her as Diamond...same as me...even though she, personally had not been on 10 cruises (or 10 points) with RCCL as my wife and I took a few cruises without the kids...

To this day, her status with Crown & Anchor remains Diamond...

Apparently, this reclassification is a new thing...and, as always in their accounting, they may not be that consistent...It is not easy keeping track of everyone's cruises, especially since a lot of folks have cruises which predate the modern computerized systems...

I always find it amusing that the RCCL website completely misses a couple of cruises I took on the old Viking Serenade but credits me for two "mystery cruises" back in 1970...They must have been great because my memory is completely erased!...I've never cared because, from my counting, they even out...Of course, I think my daughter--who wasn't born until 1984--gets credit for being on those 1970 cruises as well...now THAT's a trick!

I'll be interested to see if we get anything. I have an 18 year old who's a Diamond member and sailed with us on 28th August and received Diamond booklet, invitations etc - our other son will also turn 18 next summer.

This is yet another example of how frustrating it is for us C & A members in the UK, since we can't check our status online. I truly do not see why it's such a problem to make it available to us. We have no idea how many credits C & A think each of us has, as sometimes they've been OK with us putting the kids in a cabin opposite and sometimes they've made us split the kids between our JS and their inside.

It is frustrating at this end too. I can check that my own cruise history is correct, but it will not let me check other family members status. C&A is a really weak link ....

It is frustrating at this end too. I can check that my own cruise history is correct, but it will not let me check other family members status. C&A is a really weak link ....

I don't understand this, either. It's very frustrating.

I emailed this question and they emailed back with each family members credits. However, they did not answer my question about how I go about checking on their accounts online. You would think that this simple online request would help cut down on some calls or emails to C&A.

I don't understand this, either. It's very frustrating.

I emailed this question and they emailed back with each family members credits. However, they did not answer my question about how I go about checking on their accounts online. You would think that this simple online request would help cut down on some calls or emails to C&A.

You would need to log on to their C&A account, with their user name, and password. Then you can see their C&A status level, then see what their total cruise value is vs completed cruise credits.

Cruise value is the amount credited per actually taken cruise.

Completed cruise credits is the highest family members total.

To be fair crown and Anchor tried to be as helpful as he could. We managed to sort out a couple of my childrens missing cruise credits. Luckily I found the paper work going back to 2003. ( and my husband moans that I keep stuff!) Although I am missing a couple. My eldest daughter (20) has booked a cruise for November with a couple of first time cruise friends well her luggage labels came this morning with wait for it Diamond/Diamond plus on it!!! I have written a letter and we will see what the answer is. My daughter has cruised since her 18th birthday and it has always said Diamond. I know people are very against children having their parents status and I do understand their reasons why. But don't take away what you have already given.

I created an online account for my 9 y.o. daughter so that I could confirm she has her four credits. In June she will be Platinum. :)

I tried to do the same thing several months ago, but I got a message saying they needed to be 18 to do it.

Last time we sailed (June 2010) my kids were all Platinum. They are 24, 20 and 17. It was their 4th cruise with RCI. Next cruise they should be Platinum in their own right.

Just make sure they have all been given the correct number of credits on their account history.

Just make sure they have all been given the correct number of credits on their account history.

After reading this thread, that's exactly what I did! I have to admit I was surprised to find they were all there.

Honestly, having the kids as Platinum isn't really too much of an issue for us. I'm sure they will appreciate the status as paying adults but right now, since they are all students, we are funding their cruises.

We will be Diamond after two more cruises so I guess the kids will be also?

It seems only fair that kids should revert to whatever they actually earned once they reach 18. What I don't think is fair - everyone at the same address suddenly becoming D or D+ and they've only sailed once.

Not fair to those who have actually worked for the D.

It seems only fair that kids should revert to whatever they actually earned once they reach 18. What I don't think is fair - everyone at the same address suddenly becoming D or D+ and they've only sailed once.

Not fair to those who have actually worked for the D.

Yes, that would seem fair. We normally book an inside cabin for the kids so they don't get to take advantage of a discounted cabin anyway. I do agree that they should retain all their cruise history.

(edited to add)

To the OP:

Do your children still live in the same household?

(end of edit)

After a discussion with a C&A rep I learned that any and all Crown & Anchor Members over the age of 18 who "live in the same household" (related or not) will receive the highest C&A membership status as the highest C&A Member in that same household.

It was proven after two other adults in my household (registered C&A Members living at my address) had received the same C&A status as myself. Neither of the other two C&A members are related to myself or each other. Neither of the other two have sailed enough cruises to achieve the same status as me (Diamond). One, in fact, has only ever been on two Royal cruises. Both applied for C&A Membership after cruising once with me. Both have sailed since becoming members in C&A without me with Diamond C&A status. They each received (at different times) a welcome to Diamond status letter from Royal.

Go figure... :p

(edited to add)

To the OP:

(end of edit)

After a discussion with a C&A rep I learned that any and all Crown & Anchor Members over the age of 18 who "live in the same household" (related or not) will receive the highest C&A membership status as the highest C&A Member in that same household.

But I have also seen posters say that people who lived in their same household did not receive the highest level if they were unrelated.

I have my 19 year old son and 17 year old daughter travelling with us in the next 3 weeks on Oasis. Both have appeared as Diamond members as they should. They have travelled with us on RCCL about 12 times previous. However, Crown and Anchor lost MY status and I was reverted to a 'new' cruiser. You just can't prove what cruises you have had. I never keep paperwork that old, but fortunately a nice person on the other end of the phone realised my kids would not have travelled or paid for without me. Very hit and miss and difficult to keep up to date with. However, we are all now showing (as we should) as Diamond members.

I will be interested to see how this turns out for us.

After my cruise in June 2011 I will be a diamond member. My daughter who is 19 has not sailed as many times as us and has had inside cabins where as we have had few JS. She still lives at home so when she moves out in a few years will she be a gold member or a diamond member?

(edited to add)

To the OP:

(end of edit)

It was proven after two other adults in my household (registered C&A Members living at my address) had received the same C&A status as myself. Neither of the other two C&A members are related to myself or each other. Neither of the other two have sailed enough cruises to achieve the same status as me (Diamond). One, in fact, has only ever been on two Royal cruises. Both applied for C&A Membership after cruising once with me. Both have sailed since becoming members in C&A without me with Diamond C&A status. They each received (at different times) a welcome to Diamond status letter from Royal.

Go figure... :p

My Children still live at home with me and their dad. When did you have this discussion with the crown and anchor rep was it recent?

Archived