Internet cafes?

bookpusher

We are debating whether to take our laptop on our Med. Cruise. We will have one night pre-cruise and two nights post-cruise in Rome. We will be taking the train from the airport to our hotel and then using the train to get to the cruise port and back into Rome after the cruise. Having to worry about luggage and a laptop on the trains seems daunting. Traveling light would be nice.

We are wondering if we could easily find internet cafes in Rome and in some of our ports-of call. Our ports of call are: Ashdod (Jerusalem); Olympia, Greece; Pireo (Athens, Greece); Savonna, Italy; Izmir,Turkey (Ephesus) and Port Said/ Alexandria, Egypt (Cairo). Anybody know of internet cafes in these cities? If we do decide to take the laptop, is wi-fi available in these ports? Any info or advice is appreciated! Thanks.

We are debating whether to take our laptop on our Med. Cruise. We will have one night pre-cruise and two nights post-cruise being spent in Rome. We really want to travel light. We will be taking the train from the airport to our hotel and then use the train to get to the cruise port the following day. Having to worry about luggage and a laptop on the trains seems daunting. Therefore, we are considering staying in touch via our cell phone. (no long winded-conversations);)

We are wondering if we could easily find internet cafes in Rome and in some of our ports-of call. Our ports of call are: Ashdod (Jerusalem); Olympia, Greece; Pireo (Athens, Greece); Savonna, Italy; Izmir,Turkey (Ephesus) and Port Said/ Alexandria, Egypt (Cairo). Anybody familiar with the internet capabilities in these ports or if internet cafes are available in these cities? If we do decide to take the laptop, is wi-fi available in some of these ports? Any info or advice is appreciated! Thanks.

Piraeus: Cruise Terminal offer complimentary WiFi.

Regards

HeinBloed

We typically travel by land in Europe. We are light packers and NEVER bring our notebooks or cells. We never had an issue finding internet cafes in Italy, Turkey, or Greece. We just do not want to be bothered carrying it around, watching that we don't loose it or have it stolen, etc.

In rome you can get internet cafes EVERYWHERE. It seemed like I never walked more that 2 blocks before passing another one. I emailed an blogged from Rome much more than I thought I would.

And yes, Pireaus has free WiFi.

Thanks for confirming the availability of internet cafes in Rome. Hopefully, we will find them in our ports of call as well. I think we will leave the laptop at home. Thanks to everyone for your replies.

• 1 month later...

Archived