Seabourn Spirit Rome/Venice 25 Sept preview/review

Jim Avery

Adding a few of our photos from this fun cruise too....we're home after our "cruise to Nowhere" on Oct. 3rd at the Athens dock for 3 nights until Regent could get us home. We still had lots of fun with good people making lemonade out of lemons.

http://picasaweb.google.com/petlovermarcie/20100928?authkey=Gv1sRgCLSIpJKXvd71pwE&feat=directlink

MARCIE!!!

Those are fabulous!

Thanks so much for sharing.

Would love to cruise with you two again...:D

Hi Marcie:

Thanks for the shots. Those idiots dancing in The Club look like they might have been drinking.:eek:

Speak for yourself, Mr. Avery...:D

I do confess that the champagne was flowing.

Man, we had a blast, didn't we?

Speak for yourself, Mr. Avery...:D

I do confess that the champagne was flowing.

Man, we had a blast, didn't we?

Yes we did. If anyone is worried about Seabourn being "stuffy" or too formal, don't! At least on this trip it was a fun group and a good time was had by all.:D

Jim, Cammiem, gantt and petlover thanks for taking us along for the ride. It is good to see you all having such a good time.

It sounds like the Seabourn crew like to make sure people are relaxed and happy. I look forward to experiencing that on my first Seabourn cruise later this year.

Cammiem I am also enjoying your blog on Lazy Seadreamer. Your photos and writing style are great.

Cheers, Julie

Jim, Cammiem, gantt and petlover thanks for taking us along for the ride. It is good to see you all having such a good time.

It sounds like the Seabourn crew like to make sure people are relaxed and happy. I look forward to experiencing that on my first Seabourn cruise later this year.

Cammiem I am also enjoying your blog on Lazy Seadreamer. Your photos and writing style are great.

Cheers, Julie

Aw, shucks. Thanks, Julie! :)

I'm doing the same thing for our Seabourn cruise. Did you find the link to it on Lazy SeaDreamer?

Host Dan:

That other post about only the buffet for lunch & dinner was rather odd to me. As a newbie with only the Spirit to go by, we always had at least 3 venues for eating (if you count room service which we had delivered several places on the ship) and 4 counting the days they did the Sky Grill at the Sky Bar. I for one, certainly did not go hungry.:D So many meals, so little time.

Host Dan:

I for one, certainly did not go hungry.:D So many meals, so little time.

As I had the pleasure of dining with you on several occasions - you certainly did not go hungry. :eek::D

Especially when they were passing around the special caviar accompaniment. :D

Marcie - Burn the film, errrr disc or wherever you have those pics stored. I mean c'mon...Loved hugging on Jim A, but my quadruple chins have to go. That was indeed a fun night - drinks or no. Sorry to hear about your cruise to nowhere. Loved meeting you.

Take care. Gantt

We're onboard and off to a great start. When we boarded yesterday we were docked near the Regent Voyager so for us, it seemed like old home week. Our USAir flight from Charlotte was fine, we got to meet Jim and Lois across from us in Biz class...very nice couple!

The service was great, watched some movies and got a little (very little, not USAir's fault) sleep. I had the filet migon but it was very over cooked IMO, not medium rare as I would have preferred.

The ship looks great to us. Being the first time on this (or any Seabourn) ship we don't have a basis of comparison. Our room stewardess, Cheryl is a doll and so attentive. Last night we ate in restaurant 2 and had delicious surf & turf. Tonight is Captain's Welcome party and we're eating at Capt. Dag's table in the main dining room. Anyway, not a lot to report yet but we're off to a very good start. :)

Five years ago on our first Seabourn cruise, we were at the Captains table the first night and I sat on his RIGHT. They told me guest of honor spot. I was SO impressed. Maybe they do that to "hook" first time cruisers. Anyway, we were already hooked when we got on ship but that was such a treat. However, have never been at captain's table since, five cruises later....all down hill, ha!!

Archived