NCL-Sun Restaurants

sammy112

It will be our first time on the Sun, and we wondering about the speciality restaurants , what they cost and what they were like. Thanks

Here's a listing of all the restaurants aboard the Norwegian Sun

Four Seasons Main Restaurant (Free Main Dining Room)

Seven Seas Main Restaurant (Free Main Dining Room)

Pacific Heights (Cooking Light)

Il Adagio Italian Restaurant

Le Bistro French Restaurant

East Meets West Steakhouse

Ginza Japanese Restaurant

Teppanyaki

Sushi Bar

Las Ramblas Tapas Bar & Restaurant

Garden Café/Great Outdoor Café (Free Buffet)

I'm reluctant to post the surcharges because they change a little over time and per restaurant. The surcharges are never too high if you enjoy fine dining. Just be aware that NCL sometimes runs 2 for 1 specials at times, so read your Freestyle Daily to find out if, when, and where on your cruise.

I hope this helps!

p.s.

(1) NCL has had Le Bistro restaurants on every one of their ships since the SS Norway. I always dine once on every cruise there, it's a NCL tradition!

(2) I know it's hard to believe, but the Sun has the last 7 Seas and 4 Seasons restaurants. At one time, every NCL ship called their main restaurants 7 Seas and 4 Seasons. This is one tradition I wished NCL had kept.

Here's a listing of all the restaurants aboard the Norwegian Sun

Four Seasons Main Restaurant (Free Main Dining Room)

Seven Seas Main Restaurant (Free Main Dining Room)

Pacific Heights (Cooking Light)

Il Adagio Italian Restaurant

Le Bistro French Restaurant

East Meets West Steakhouse

Ginza Japanese Restaurant

Teppanyaki

Sushi Bar

Las Ramblas Tapas Bar & Restaurant

Garden Café/Great Outdoor Café (Free Buffet)

I'm reluctant to post the surcharges because they change a little over time and per restaurant. The surcharges are never too high if you enjoy fine dining. Just be aware that NCL sometimes runs 2 for 1 specials at times, so read your Freestyle Daily to find out if, when, and where on your cruise.

I hope this helps!

p.s.

(1) NCL has had Le Bistro restaurants on every one of their ships since the SS Norway. I always dine once on every cruise there, it's a NCL tradition!

(2) I know it's hard to believe, but the Sun has the last 7 Seas and 4 Seasons restaurants. At one time, every NCL ship called their main restaurants 7 Seas and 4 Seasons. This is one tradition I wished NCL had kept.

Good not to post the prices, but to the OP, roughly and yes, that is all this is, a rough idea:

free: MDR, buffet, Las Rambles, Pacific Heights, and outdoor grill

il Adagio: absolutely the best: $10.00 (probably has gone up some)

LeBistro: $15 or $20

East meets West steak: $25.00

Teppayakis: $25.00

The others I have no idea

Nita

I agree with Nita. I adored Il Adagio. It was $10 in Feb. 2009.

BTW, Il Adagio is the designated restaurant for breakfast and lunch if you are in a full suite (no mini suites).

The Great Outdoors has really nice grilled sausage, burgers and fries.

Tepenyaki is VERY small.

It's wierd to see the steakhouse with the Asian Restaurants.

Le Bistro is very nice too, and has good food BUT I prefer the ambience in Il Adagio.

We ate in Teppanyaki on our last Sun cruise. It was very small but we really enjoyed it. My DW loves this type of restaurant so we have eaten at many on shore and I have to say the one on the Sun ranks in the top 10% that we have tried. Not the best, but pretty close to it! Highly recommended if you like the cook at your table type setting.

Thanks for the correction. As this exemplifies, changes are always occurring.

No one mentioned the Sports Bar for late night snacks. Is it still available? Has been a couple of years since I was on the Sun. I am booked on it in February. Being a late nighter, was just curious.

My DW and I just came off the Sun this week and yes, they still serve late night snacks at the Spotrs bar. Our fav was the wings. You could have mild or hot in groups of 6 or 10 at a time. The hours for food at the bar were, 1730hrs until 0530hrs. We also loved the steakhouse. Melt in your mouth!!

No one mentioned the Sports Bar for late night snacks. Is it still available? Has been a couple of years since I was on the Sun. I am booked on it in February. Being a late nighter, was just curious.

I thought about it, the sports bar, thought not serving 24 hours a day is about the same as Blue Lagoon on other ships.

Nita

Another vote for Il Adagio. It's definitely the best restaurant on the ship, and some reckon it's the best restaurant in the whole NCL fleet.

The low cover charge must reflect the fact that it's difficult to find, plus the inevitable erroneous assumption by many that it's like the pasta/pizza places on other NCL ships. It isn't.

My DW and I just came off the Sun this week and yes, they still serve late night snacks at the Spotrs bar. Our fav was the wings. You could have mild or hot in groups of 6 or 10 at a time. The hours for food at the bar were, 1730hrs until 0530hrs. We also loved the steakhouse. Melt in your mouth!!

OMG awesome, I love love love hot wings, with bleu cheese? Please?

Ok, so the Mexican rest has no cover charge now????

Does the Sun do chocolate buffet on 7 night cruises???

And the Murder Mystery dinner... what's the charge for that/ do they do it?

/They really don't have a Mexican restaurant, Las Rambles is a tapa (spanish) bar with great tapas. You can make a meal out of them.

I have never heard of a charge for the Murder Mystery dinner, but it is very limited.

NIta

Archived