Stores that carry "FIRE" season clothing

Joby

Quick answer here. I don't think any the colors I see represent Light Spring. There isn't a fuschia color in my control colors at all. I think there may be in Bright Spring. I know I've said that there isn't any way to show every variation, but I have what I consider three different shades of iris purple, KWIM? I have a sleeve with five shades of blue with, maybe, purple added; a sleeve of five colors ranging from light-medium and medium blue, and three shades of aqua blue; then a sleeve of five different aqua greens; a sleeve of yellow greens (think different leaf variations) then a sleeve of five different shades of pink to medium true red; a sleeve of light to medium dark coral; a sleeve of sherbet orange to medium tomato red and then the yellows begin.

TMI, probably, but my point is that I don't have anything to compare with the last color in your picture. I honestly think it may be Bright Spring because it has those pinkier tones, KWIM?

I can't find any of posted pictures on my wheel. Must go home from work now. I'll be back later tonight but typing from my phone. I'll look over the modeled colors and see what descriptions I can come up with in.

To give Anita the most opportunity of looking at these pics for her observations and opinions, I'm making them bigger. Forgetting the collage idea (as I wasn't that good at it anyway).

And, I'm putting these pics in the following order: what I believe to be True Spring, what I believe to be Bright Spring, and the one that I believe might be Light Spring. If the same things hold true, the first pics should be the best ones.

Here goes. Opinions? Might be True Spring:

DSC02483_zpsbrtssasw.jpg

DSC02484_zps7uybpmpp.jpg

DSC02487_zpscf636gse.jpg

Might be Bright Spring:

DSC02485_zpsanq9ba4a.jpg

DSC02486_zpso5ogxeix.jpg

Might be Light Spring:

DSC02488_zpsww1spper.jpg

OMG! Why isn't there a SCREAM Emoticon? Well, the administrator says that I can't use a stick-out-my tongue emoticon, so I guess I couldn't use a SCREAM one either!

Debbie, if Anita is correct about that Light Spring color. That is so not my palette, don't ya think?

Edited by Member123

I feel like, of all us FIRE ladies, that I'm the most reactive to our palette. I truly feel like I can look the worst of all of us: you ladies seem to be able to put something on that really brings out your best but I never feel like you are looking your worst.

I have shared with Anita that these pictures are just amazingly shocking to me.

Because there is so much information at the 12blueprints.com site, I'd like to share what I've found about the True Spring skin tones.

Usually, True Season skin is different from the outset, in that only one True Season drape of the four seems to flatter, instead of two, or maybe three, with the Neutral Seasons. The skin tone perfection demands absolute colour heat or coolness and it does not compromise, even at the earliest stage of the draping.

I feel like, maybe, this is what is going on with me. That I can't tolerate even the slightest deviation from the warmth of the color.

In this quote, the color analyst is speaking about draping a client:

For me, the next revelation came when I realized that this was the first time I was seeing a person not becoming yellow in True Spring’s drapes. You can see that Emma doesn’t look yellow, and believe me, in True Spring’s test drapes, everyone else does. I had seen the easing of lines and luminous eye that a Spring blend will have, but I had to ignore the yellowing of the skin, teeth, and white of eye. In True Spring drapes, the skin colour is suffused with vitality and life, while it is bland and pale in the Spring Neutral Season drapes. In right colour, especially the bright clear orange-red, you can watch a bloom rush up into the cheeks and the shadows go away.

So I think this speaks to the way my skin is reacting in what I believe to be True Spring colors. Of course, I have on my grouch face, but I just don't see any yellowing of my skin or the white of my eye.

Also, I realize from Debbie's posts that the Bright Spring and Light Spring are the Neutral Season that is being discussed. And I finally get that is because there is just a slight hint of coolness in those palettes. I don't think that I'm reacting well to any kind of coolness.

What do you think? Do you think I should continue with this exercise and do greens and blues? Do you think we need to see any of my "neutrals"?

I think I'm pretty convinced. Tell me if I'm jumping to any conclusions.

I'll post more photos after PiYo. Hope I don't crap out during it!

Are my purple photos helpful in any way?

I've got lots more to say but, will save it for later. Pam I have a few comments and questions for you and your photos.

Debbie, you're too funny!

Forgot to say--don't pay too much attention to the tops--some of them I put on backwards because they were v-necks or scoop necks and the color didn't come as close to my face as other tops did. I wanted the playing field to be as even as possible :)

Edited by Joby

Ok. I have decided that I know nothing after all.

I am so confused.

I know only what I need to know for myself. That is all.

Waiting for Anita.

PS. I do know that I think Kim should leave all pictures up. I have questions about my purple tops too.

PSS. I also think Kim's last two tops are Light Spring. That is all.

Edited by aoknkentucky

I agree with Mom about the purple photos for Kim.

I do wish I could see your eyes Kim! It's usually helpful to see if the eyes pop in the colors...but the glare from the glasses is making that hard. You skin is changing but it's not a complete story...

Hmmm.

DSC02489_zps5yrfrayz.jpg

Debbie. Help with placing these purples into the respective categories. Anita has the opinion that the color on the farthest right is LIGHT. She thinks the 3rd one from the left is BRIGHT. If that's the case wouldn't you think the 4th one would be BRIGHT as well?

I wonder if the pictures will tell the same story?

So, in order of appearance, it might be True, True, Bright, Bright, True, Light. On the other hand, it might be Light, True, Bright, Bright, Light, Light… because there is a sense of haziness or fogginess to those couple of colors.

Is this too hard? Should I just post the pics and let them tell the story? I just want to make sure the story is being told in an understandable way! :eek:

Kim, is more coming?

This is probably my last set of pictures for today; the light has changed dramatically in the house so I don't think it makes for a great comparison study.

Sorry, that I didn't respond to your question, Pam. Here's my opinion. I don't think think any of these are light Spring. I think the second from left (blue) and possibly the next one (3rd) is not the same catagory as the rest unless the fabric is much more matte than the rest. It seems muted or gray added like Bright Winter maybe. My best guess, and guess it is, is that everything else is bright spring. And, then again maybe I should just go climb a tree. You know what you are seeing IRL, but they all look very deep on my screen. My vocabulary about this stuff is lousy. I don't even know what to call it--is it the saturation of color or something else that describes what I'm thinking.

Love looking and thinking. Explaining what I mean is extremely frustrating! Sorry.

KIm, I have thoughts on the purple and the coral/orange groupings. Like Anita says, we can't see your eyes and how they reflect the color so it's hard to say. I know which ones jumped out at me as looking good to my eyes, but I'm not certain.

First, I think your purples look like fire colors. The first one, the darker one, I wasn't completely sure about, but I'm thinking that when you are holding the camera, it will sometimes cast a shadow too. The third color jumped out at me for whatever reason.

With the coral/orange group, the third one did.

Pam, I agree that this seems difficult. Boy do you look grumpy, lol.

With orange/red/coral group, I agree with Anita on your best colors, and she indicated she thought those were true spring. With the purples and blues, it is a bit harder but I like the first one the best. Like with Kim, I was seeing a shadow so I didn't feel certain about some of the colors.

It will take me a while to put things in the right group, I think. I can say that some of the colors that seem to be soft don't seem to come across right to me on you. But I'm not 100% of the categories because I've only looked at the earth/autumn tones. I've got to go check out the fire/spring charts!

Hi everyone,

I wanted to pop on and say I don't have time tonight to say all I wanted to say and I won't be able to tomorrow :(

I agree my glass glare is not helping. If I have the time Saturday, I MIGHT try to retake all the photos without glasses.

Pam I'm not sure I can tell which colors are what part of FIRE/Spring.

I do think the first blue is a standout! Your eyes are glowing, your complexion is lovely and I just really like that color on you :) The 3rd blue is nice too.

The last color-the fushia like color I think isn't your best. I think it ages you some. I think the Cache dress does the same, as my Mom would say, you look peeked (pronounced peek-ed--2 syllables). I think it's the pinks in the fushia and Cache colors that do it. I don't think I like the pinker tones of coral on you.

As to the purples--I like the 1st purple on you best.

Take all of this with a grain of salt, what the heck do I know???????????

This is a hard exercise!

DSC02489_zps5yrfrayz.jpg

My OPINION based on this photo and the way that I am comparing the colors as they related to each other and the charts here:

http://inventyourimage.com/2014/07/17/our-new-and-improved-color-analysis-pages-are-ready/#!prettyPhoto

From left to right:

Light Spring 1

Light Summer

Light Spring 2

True Spring

Light Spring 3

Bright Winter

I would have you reorder the picture, based on what I think might be what:

Light Summer

Light Spring 3

Light Spring 1

Light Spring 2

True Spring

Bright Winter

And see how that flows together.

Edited to add: It is entirely possible that everything I labeled "Light" is actually "Bright", Spring that is.

Edited by Anita Latte

If I am correct in grouping the colors of this particular color party...then, as expected, these all photograph similarly...and I think they do:

PicMonkey%20Collage_zpsidhqfvry.jpg

Grumpy face and all. :) My personal fav is the one in the middle. This could be because you have more focus in your eyes? Did you think about something during this photo? Anyway...I see a consistency here that I think is very appealing. And I think that if your facial muscles were all the same "tension" then they would be way more similar...still...very close.

And if I am correct, then every single one of these should be different from each other...and not really a group:

PicMonkey%20Collage%201_zpspi3ndzev.jpg

In fact...it's should appear as a bit of a spectrum...with Summer on the left, Spring in the middle, Winter on the right...the middle is best...and something is OFF in the other two.

So...

To really take a look at them and compare:

PicMonkey%20Collage%202_zps37d6zdir.jpg

Yes...I feel like the top row are a group...and the bottom row is something of a hodge podge...but I like the True Spring in the middle.

So if I take what is my personal fav from the upper group (I read that the others are liking the one of the left, but I like the middle...and I think the depth of color is more similar to the TRUE purple, so it's working for me to compare) and compare it to the TRUE purple:

PicMonkey%20Collage%203_zps4o4lwgam.jpg

True purple wins for me...whatever that other blue/purple is...Light or Bright.

I feel like I can actually SEE blue around Mom's eyes and above her lip on the right side...but she is much more blended and overall healthy looking on the left.

And if she were smiling...OMG...she'd be stunning.

So, again, I'm going to vote for TRUE.

Kim...if you could retake those photos? That would be so helpful. I find that the skin coloring around the eyes is usually of a slightly different nature than the cheeks, etc. and so seeing that particular skin is really helpful when trying to determine the different effects of color.

Right now I find myself staring at your chin and your nose and how those compare...and I'm really wanting to see that delicate surrounding the eyes skin. :D

Pretty please?

Good morning, Lovely Ladies.

Anita, I uploaded those bigger pics that you requested this morning. Until I actually sat back, after all the excitement I was experiencing, and looked at those pictures, I didn't really see the incredible difference that the light was making to the quality of them. I did make a mistake in my statement about my front door. Actually, the coral pictures were taken in the mid-morning, with the sun behind me… coming in through the living room windows. I am facing West, with that light, bright morning Western sun doing its "thing."

Then, for the Study In Purple, I am again facing West, but it's mid-afternoon. The quality of the light has definitely changed from the cooler temperatures of morning to the golden effect of the West.

Makes me think of the Impressionists and how fascinated they were with the play of light and shadow. It's incredibly interesting to be able to see that with the aid of our modern technology.

For all other ladies who are considering doing this nit-picky type of Color Study, I would strongly suggest that you block out a certain time and just go for it. You'll avoid the confusion of having all the different effects of sunlight. I wish that I had a Northern exposure, but I just couldn't make any of those windows work. Way too much clutter in the background; not enough space, etc.

Debbie. I don't think you give yourself enough credit. I think that you, intuitively, know way more than you think you do because it's very difficult to articulate this "stuff." We just don't have the vocabulary in common that we need to be able to fully express what we're thinking, at any given time. I am so grateful to you that you even mentioned this and got me started (and Anita… and Kim!) on this subject. I'm sorry that Margaret's brain is hurting.

I am so fascinated by this! All kidding aside. Anita said it (and it was an echo of what Debbie has mentioned) that this is such a great explanation for why certain colors just didn't look as good as I thought they should. The whole key to this, though… is to nail what palette the colors that look the best actually are! Who used to say… "ah, there's the rub"?

Edited by Member123

Hey all. I've been lurking here a while trying to figure out all of this color stuff. I originally participated in the color thread and CJW "diagnosed" me as Fire/Spring. I honestly find it all so confusing, and I'm wondering if I might be a bit color blind :eek: Adding the additional seasons has left me a bit stupefied about what I really am.

Anyhow, I was surfing around and found this site http://outfitideas4you.com/online-seasonal-color-analysis-quiz-step-2-warm-colors/ and was wondering what your opinions are about the color analysis that she has done. She has light spring, clear spring, and warm spring. I'm not sure how that plays into the light/true/bright discussion you have going on here.

~Jen

Jen! How have you been?!? That was so much fun back when CJW was steering the ship and guiding us. We've been having quite a bit of fun, on our own, and learning so much. Anita has always been fascinated by color theory and has an eye that we trust.

So what have you been doing with your wardrobe since you found out you are FIRE? Did you embrace it? Or, were you a bit intimidated by the effort of trying to find bright, clear, warm colors? We all know that it can be extremely intimidating. No disrespect intended to any of the other seasons, but FIRE can be (I believe) the most difficult season to actually dig your teeth into and embrace. After you do, watch out cause you do "come into your own." But the effort of believing that you look good in all that BRIGHTNESS, Hurt.Your.Eyes COLOR can be a learning curve.

Please don't let our conversation here confuse you at all. We're just being a nit-picky bunch to try to optimize travel wardrobes. When you want to embrace that capsule wardrobe idea, finding your best neutrals and your best accessory colors become way more important. After all, when you try to dress for 2 weeks with minimum clothing selections, the importance of finding your best just moves to the top of a to-do list, right?!?

Know One Thing. At the end of the day, you are a FIRE/Spring, which means dressing in bright, clear, warm colors. That's the start point. It doesn't matter what other "divisions" are used… those are just to optimize.

OR. Did I mis-read your post? Have you embraced your colors and are looking to optimize your selections?

Chat with us and maybe we can help with any confusion. We will certainly do our best to try.

Not sure if this will help anyone - but this is the set up I used when my husband took my photos: Ironing board with a big piece of cardboard propped up - then draped with some black material. Pics were taken in front of a north east window in the morning. I cropped all the pics - so only the black showed as background.

http://1drv.ms/1Wpa1nJ

Hey all. I've been lurking here a while trying to figure out all of this color stuff. I originally participated in the color thread and CJW "diagnosed" me as Fire/Spring. I honestly find it all so confusing, and I'm wondering if I might be a bit color blind :eek: Adding the additional seasons has left me a bit stupefied about what I really am.

Anyhow, I was surfing around and found this site http://outfitideas4you.com/online-seasonal-color-analysis-quiz-step-2-warm-colors/ and was wondering what your opinions are about the color analysis that she has done. She has light spring, clear spring, and warm spring. I'm not sure how that plays into the light/true/bright discussion you have going on here.

~Jen

Hi, Jen. Welcome back. If I understand it correctly, each different version of color analysis has just a few colors that shade a bit differently and some, like this one, change the names just a bit. Otherwise, they would be plagiarizing, right? LOL For my purposes, I just automatically rename them in my head when I see them, clear/true and, for me, NOT light. I think maybe the warm spring and bright spring are actually different, but since I would have to skip over true/clear spring to get to it and that wouldn't work for me, I can easily ignore whether bright spring and warm spring are same or different. I haven't researched their differences. For me, as Light Spring, I would either lean to True Spring or to Light Summer. No skipping allowed. Do you think you might fall within the warm or bright category?

This may be a good time to mention that I read a good post about the 4 color system, the 12 color system, and the 16 color system. My take-away from it was that we could keep dividing down until we had an optimum color chart just for us. If 12 is better, and 16 is better than that, why wouldn't 32 divisions be the best of all, kind of thinking. Eventually, we'd have a Crayola 8-count box of crayons with our bestest colors. You all know what would happen next, don't ya? The clothes manufacturers would stop making that shade of green, blue, or whatever, and we'd have to start all over! LOL

I hate to be of little or no help to anyone else, but am extremely grateful I finally understand what works for me. Thanks, everyone for chiming in and making me feel better about myself. I'm usually pretty confident and never at a loss for an opinion, so this color "stuff" has really thrown me for a loop.

P.S. Kim, we've always said peek-ed too. Is it a middle of the country (Heartland) thing?

Edited by aoknkentucky

Not sure if this will help anyone - but this is the set up I used when my husband took my photos: Ironing board with a big piece of cardboard propped up - then draped with some black material. Pics were taken in front of a north east window in the morning. I cropped all the pics - so only the black showed as background.

I LOVE this ingenuity. Per, you ROCK!!!

I LOVE this ingenuity. Per, you ROCK!!!

The ingenuity comes from my nerd side. I might do my pics again. I had the camera set to Program, used Macro setting and the Spot Metering. I don't know if setting it to Program would throw the pics off a bit or not. The camera has so many features - and I don't really know what I am doing. Any photography experts here? If I set the camera to Aperture and play around until I get the setting for the right amount of light would that make a difference?

All these light, bright and true categories are very confusing - but I am very impressed by Anita's ability to analyse them.

Jen! How have you been?!? That was so much fun back when CJW was steering the ship and guiding us. We've been having quite a bit of fun, on our own, and learning so much. Anita has always been fascinated by color theory and has an eye that we trust.

So what have you been doing with your wardrobe since you found out you are FIRE? Did you embrace it? Or, were you a bit intimidated by the effort of trying to find bright, clear, warm colors? We all know that it can be extremely intimidating. No disrespect intended to any of the other seasons, but FIRE can be (I believe) the most difficult season to actually dig your teeth into and embrace. After you do, watch out cause you do "come into your own." But the effort of believing that you look good in all that BRIGHTNESS, Hurt.Your.Eyes COLOR can be a learning curve.

Please don't let our conversation here confuse you at all. We're just being a nit-picky bunch to try to optimize travel wardrobes. When you want to embrace that capsule wardrobe idea, finding your best neutrals and your best accessory colors become way more important. After all, when you try to dress for 2 weeks with minimum clothing selections, the importance of finding your best just moves to the top of a to-do list, right?!?

Know One Thing. At the end of the day, you are a FIRE/Spring, which means dressing in bright, clear, warm colors. That's the start point. It doesn't matter what other "divisions" are used… those are just to optimize.

OR. Did I mis-read your post? Have you embraced your colors and are looking to optimize your selections?

Chat with us and maybe we can help with any confusion. We will certainly do our best to try.

I actually really love what I think of as spring colors. I've always been a fan of bright. I think I run into problems with trying to determine what is bright and warm. I have color swatches and I was bound and determined to only buy clothes that were the right color for me. I will admit I got discouraged trying to find the right color with in styles that I preferred. Not an easy task, especially when struggling with determining if a color is actually a spring color.

This thread has so much information. I read here and think "yeah, I've got this!", only to go out and totally be confused while in the store. I don't have a large wardrobe, mostly business wear, so it's so important to me to have a good wardrobe that works together.

I had given up trying to buy only clothes that are my colors, but after lurking here I think I am back on this path. I love how you all share your finds! It's helpful to a color newbie!

Hi, Jen. Welcome back. If I understand it correctly, each different version of color analysis has just a few colors that shade a bit differently and some, like this one, change the names just a bit. Otherwise, they would be plagiarizing, right? LOL For my purposes, I just automatically rename them in my head when I see them, clear/true and, for me, NOT light. I think maybe the warm spring and bright spring are actually different, but since I would have to skip over true/clear spring to get to it and that wouldn't work for me, I can easily ignore whether bright spring and warm spring are same or different. I haven't researched their differences. For me, as Light Spring, I would either lean to True Spring or to Light Summer. No skipping allowed. Do you think you might fall within the warm or bright category?

This may be a good time to mention that I read a good post about the 4 color system, the 12 color system, and the 16 color system. My take-away from it was that we could keep dividing down until we had an optimum color chart just for us. If 12 is better, and 16 is better than that, why wouldn't 32 divisions be the best of all, kind of thinking. Eventually, we'd have a Crayola 8-count box of crayons with our bestest colors. You all know what would happen next, don't ya? The clothes manufacturers would stop making that shade of green, blue, or whatever, and we'd have to start all over! LOL

I hate to be of little or no help to anyone else, but am extremely grateful I finally understand what works for me. Thanks, everyone for chiming in and making me feel better about myself. I'm usually pretty confident and never at a loss for an opinion, so this color "stuff" has really thrown me for a loop.

P.S. Kim, we've always said peek-ed too. Is it a middle of the country (Heartland) thing?

I understand what you are saying. I find it so difficult to find spring colors in stores as it is.

Where did you find information on light/true/bright spring? Were there other indicators of what category you fell in, besides the colors looking better?

Per! How clever that is!

Mom uploaded the big, uncompressed photos that she took to my One Drive. I am providing a link here to the last two photos of my previous post.

https://onedrive.live.com/redir?resid=a600c73afa45484a!633&authkey=!ANB6z4cgeQuPtnw&ithint=album%2c

The beauty of the One Drive files is that they can be the original size of the photograph taken. When viewed through the album setting, you can zoom in very easily and see all kinds of detail. It is actually a better photo viewer than anything else I currently have access to.

I would request that if anyone wants me to look at any pictures...that they use the One Drive to do it. The detail is what is really, really helpful.

Thanks to Per again for introducing that idea...it's wonderful.

So with that in mind...I share because it is actually a lot easier to see that the True Purple is much better than whatever the V-neck blue/purple is.

I want to point out three specific things:

1. Mom's eyes POP in the True Purple. We have concluded that it is because the skin under the eye area is more normal skin colored. This creates the better "frame" for the eyes...and thus the eyes can pop. In the V-neck photo, the skin under the eyes has a bluish cast to it (reflection of the shirt not blending into her skin)...which means that it doesn't have the more normal flesh tone...it's like the under eye area gets grouped with the eyes...and instead of the eyes alone being framed by skin tone...the under eye AND eyes are framed by skin tone.

If you zoom in on the True Purple top, you can see that there is purple in that same area of skin. (Ignore the allergy rimmed eyes). The big difference is that the reflected purple BLENDS so that the skin still looks like normal skin coloring.

2. You can actually see that Mom's eyes have different colors in them in the True Purple top. In the V-neck, her eyes look one dimensional color-wise.

3. Mom's upper lip is more defined in the True Purple top. Similar to the eyes, her lip is framed by skin toned skin. Whereas, in the V-neck, the skin above her upper lip has that bluish cast again...and so the lip line for the transition from red lips to skin tone skin is blurred.

These details are much, much easier to see with this full resolution photo.

I managed to muddle through last night with the lower resolution...but this morning, I felt some uncertainty revisiting what I concluded last night...until I saw the full resolution photos.

Now Mom and I were talking...and what I said to her was that this information was very helpful for knowing for an experiment in using some makeup to compensate for being outside a TRUE Spring color.

If you ever watch makeup videos...or are just skilled enough and experienced enough on your own (not me)...the makeup artists usually talk about putting a highlighting kind of makeup on the sides of the nose close to the eye and under the eye (above the cheek/cheek bone) and around the outside of the eye. If you use a correction...this is usually a slightly lighter tone than what you would use on the majority of your face.

So, I thought Mom could experiment with using such a product and see if that were to help mask some of the blue reflection. Same with right above the lip and/or find a very good lip color matching pencil to help get a lip line (not that horrible outlined lips look...just a subtle reinforcement of the upper lip).

To me, that would be a very interesting thing to experiment with.

Because we ARE nit picking here. Down and dirty nitty gritty. Understanding the negative effect of some colors can help us hone skills to overcome...especially knowing how hard it can be to find that perfect combination of style, fit, fabric, and color!

My take-away from it was that we could keep dividing down until we had an optimum color chart just for us. If 12 is better, and 16 is better than that, why wouldn't 32 divisions be the best of all, kind of thinking. Eventually, we'd have a Crayola 8-count box of crayons with our bestest colors.

Debbie, this is exactly the thought I was having as I studied the 12 season charts, because I would look at true autumn and deep autumn and there were colors in both that worked and some that I definitely avoid. I felt like I should be able to pluck out the pieces of each and make my own palette. :)

I'm also thinking about the low contrast/high contrast discussion. I am definitely a high contrast person. I am wondering if the challenge Melody is having is that she is a high contrast person who is struggling to find the right colors for her in the intensity she likes that work with her current natural hair. Just going from brown to auburn changed how I look so much, I find it hard to imagine how going from auburn to whatever-it-ends-up-being will change things.

If as we age we can't change from, for example, EARTH to FIRE, does that mean you can't migrate from, for example, soft spring to true spring?

Cross posted on the EARTH thread.

Ahhh, Anita. Thanks so much for taking the time to explain in detail what you were seeing. I will take a closer look. My gut reaction says I see something different, but I'm not sure what I'm seeing. I did zoom for a closer look yesterday and noticed the red-rimmed eyes and that the one picture looked a little less red (or blended with her skintone better) but I thought I was looking too close at something unnecessary since no one else mentioned it.

My mind will let me explain everything away or explain nothing away. Does that make sense? The old true/false tests in school? I could make every statement be true OR false. Which do you want me to argue for? Give me multiple choice. I do much better with multiple choice. I know the material. I guess I am able to debate either side of the issue, I guess. When there shouldn't be a debate. It either is or it isn't.

I plan to post pictures tomorrow morning when the light is best and I have the time. Maybe. If not, I'll shoot for Sunday, like Kim. My photography skills may not be the best, but I know that I know that I know some of my tops are Light Spring and I can post a few others to compare. It may be Monday before I can post them.

So, I thought Mom could experiment with using such a product and see if that were to help mask some of the blue reflection. Same with right above the lip and/or find a very good lip color matching pencil to help get a lip line (not that horrible outlined lips look...just a subtle reinforcement of the upper lip).

To me, that would be a very interesting thing to experiment with.

Because we ARE nit picking here. Down and dirty nitty gritty. Understanding the negative effect of some colors can help us hone skills to overcome...especially knowing how hard it can be to find that perfect combination of style, fit, fabric, and color!

Challenge Accepted.

Anita, I sent you the photos to the OneDrive. It was an amazing result, to me.

Everyone, keep in mind that I'm no makeup artist. So forgive me for some technical flaws. I have on foundation, concealer, an eyeshadow to try to achieve a crease above my mobile lid, lip liner, lipstick, just a touch of gloss.

We'll see what Anita says. My opinion? The only way that you're going to be able to do any kind of comparison or study of the effect of color on your skin tone is… no makeup.

Oh, I just want to mention that if the tops look different, it's just because they're on backwards. I wanted as much of the color near my face as I could get.

Edited by Member123