Stores that carry "FIRE" season clothing

Joby

Per, you've really nailed it with the navy and those scarves! When I'm looking at the pictures, I think that the jacket seems to fit right in. I believe you said it was linen like fabric. I am thinking that if it doesn't do the usual linen wrinkles it could work out very well.

This made me think a little of The Vivienne Files, and how she puts together a wardrobe.

It looks like a great line up to me, but I am unfamiliar with the weather in those areas since I have not traveled to them...yet!

Per, you've really nailed it with the navy and those scarves! When I'm looking at the pictures, I think that the jacket seems to fit right in. I believe you said it was linen like fabric. I am thinking that if it doesn't do the usual linen wrinkles it could work out very well.

This made me think a little of The Vivienne Files, and how she puts together a wardrobe.

It looks like a great line up to me, but I am unfamiliar with the weather in those areas since I have not traveled to them...yet!

I think we will get temps in the 10 - 15C (50 - 60F) range - might see some rain. I think the jacket will be okay for the warmer days and I will have a rain jacket for wet days. I will take some short sleeved sweaters and some long so I can layer. I will also take one heavier sweater - probably a dark grey fleece.

I was looking at the Vivienne Files and wanted to do something like that - not really sure what other colors to add to the mix. We don't do formals - we don't even do the MDR - so will keep it casual. I will have to look in the closet and see what else I can mix in. We are going to take 2 22" wheeled bags and one small backpack with camera equipment so I will have to choose carefully.

Per , I liked the skirt so much I just ordered it . I have never shopped Jo Fresh but it looks like a skirt I will get a lot of use out of .

I think it will pack well too. I also have a grey skirt that I purchased from Joe Fresh - on sale it was only $7 - but it is a midi length. They are both very comfortable.

Love your outfits Per!

I can see the inspiration from TVF...very nice. Very put together and simple and you look wonderful in the one outfit you are in.

Nice job on the linen jacket! I'm working on my sewing skills. I have some but for simpler things. I'd like to be more accomplished for more complicated things...and I'd LOVE to become better at doing alterations especially.

I'm working on my sewing skills. I have some but for simpler things. I'd like to be more accomplished for more complicated things...and I'd LOVE to become better at doing alterations especially.

I would like to improve my alteration skills too. Most of the patterns I use are not for petites so I have to shorten the waist - sometimes it works - sometimes it doesn't. I have started to make trial versions of patterns that I know I will use more than once, using cheap material (sometimes old sheets), that way I don't ruin good material.

Per, just wanted to let you know that the photo of your granddaughters is one of the most unique I have ever seen. It is absolutely beautiful! Your granddaughters are beautiful and look so healthy! Congrats all around and enjoy :)

I would like to improve my alteration skills too. Most of the patterns I use are not for petites so I have to shorten the waist - sometimes it works - sometimes it doesn't. I have started to make trial versions of patterns that I know I will use more than once, using cheap material (sometimes old sheets), that way I don't ruin good material.

Have you ever heard of Nancy? A good family friend recommended this book to me a long, long time ago..I think this is a reprint or a new release...but I have a similar book by Nancy:

http://www.amazon.com/Pattern-Fitting-Confidence-Nancy-Zieman-ebook/dp/B005065C8Y/ref=sr_1_2?s=books&ie=UTF8&qid=1441719360&sr=1-2&keywords=sewing+with+nancy

It's very helpful. Easy to read and simple.

There's a sneak peek available too on that link.

Oh. My. Goodness! Pam, I saw your post about "greige" and though I've been seeing the reference to this color, I never thought about what the name meant. How silly of me! Of course, gray and beige combination makes perfect sense. I feel so silly that I never thought of it being what I wanted. It would also make perfect sense that it would be on its way out if I am looking for it now. How else would they be able to sell the next big thing!?! Thanks for thinking of me and mentioning it to me.

Have you ever heard of Nancy? A good family friend recommended this book to me a long, long time ago..I think this is a reprint or a new release...but I have a similar book by Nancy:

http://www.amazon.com/Pattern-Fitting-Confidence-Nancy-Zieman-ebook/dp/B005065C8Y/ref=sr_1_2?s=books&ie=UTF8&qid=1441719360&sr=1-2&keywords=sewing+with+nancy

It's very helpful. Easy to read and simple.

There's a sneak peek available too on that link.

Thanks Anita - I will see if our local library has it.

I hope the book is helpful to you Per!

Debbie...you must check out TVF today!

Do you wear jeans? Anyway...there is a great base there for an easy casual wardrobe! If you could find that gray you want (I love gray too) and then warm up the lighter color to a more creamy/warm ivory kind of color...sub the right blue/lavender kind of color for the denim shirt...and a yummy coral for the orange...

Maybe throw in a beautiful patterned skirt instead of the denim jeans...

Could be a great little capsule wardrobe idea for both of us...

I'm going to play with this one for my "football game" wardrobe! No skirts for me in that though...Probably capris/long shorts for as long as the weather stays warmer.

I have a similar vest...mine is green though...OF course! So green would have to be one of my color subs...based on my current clothing, would have to go with a blue or burgundy second color...

Debbie...you must check out TVF today!

The first thing I thought this morning--the FIRE and EARTH girls need to see this! The second thing I thought this morning--I can almost make my version of this capsule with what I have in my closet now.

I'd like to use the 4x4 idea she's highlighted the past several days to stage different capsules from my closet to see what gaps I might need to correct. I'm planning to use this idea for my upcoming February cruise and I can't imagine that I would need to take anything else beyond 18 items, but will probably take a nicer dress or two just because I have them and want to wear them. Since I've purchased a few end of the season clearance items this week and may not have the opportunity to wear them, my cruise wardrobe will feel fresh and new and will definitely stretch the items I have already been wearing this summer. Temperatures are making a big change this weekend and lows are expected to dip into the 40s (Brrrr). It may be time to put away my summer clothes and now would be the best time to get my cruise capsule in order while I still remember what I enjoy wearing together.

I've mentally planned to take completely different capsules for my two upcoming 4-day trips using her ideas. Three toppers, three tops and three bottoms would be entirely too many clothes for such a short trip, but I usually wear one complete set and take one complete set plus an extra top. I think she calls this a 4-Pack. If everything mixes and matches, even my messy self has enough clothes for the trip and I can always wash out my first day outfit if necessary to use for the return trip home. My travel outfit is usually the most comfy and would have plenty of time to dry and be ready to travel if I wash it out on the first night we arrive at the cabin. Today's TVF post of casual clothes is exactly what I usually take. Well, jeans, Ts and hoodies. Gotta have my hoodies!

OK.

Sometimes, I get a bit sentimental. And, sometimes... I feel like I need a bit of a hit of... something... that I'm missing.

Most of the time, I find whatever makes me feel better at the moment when I visit this forum and find a new message from one of my friends here.

I have found some of the best blogging websites recently. Yes, they are so uplifting and, yes, they are so time consuming!

And, sometimes.... they're a bit sentimental..

and I found this. And, maybe I need to apologize right now for the tears. So, if you're not feeling sentimental... or... maybe, if you're feeling too sentimental... don't watch. Or, maybe, you're one of the over 16 million viewers of this already, and it'll just be a refresher.

You all know how "behind" I am. My Texas Grandmother's favorite motto: The hurrier I go, the behinder I get.

OK.

and I found this. And, maybe I need to apologize right now for the tears. So, if you're not feeling sentimental... or... maybe, if you're feeling too sentimental... don't watch. Or, maybe, you're one of the over 16 million viewers of this already, and it'll just be a refresher.

You all know how "behind" I am. My Texas Grandmother's favorite motto: The hurrier I go, the behinder I get.

I watched & cried my eyes out . Today is the anniversary of my husband's death. We never got beyond the 50's.

Sally.

I don't know if I need to apologize to you. I'm so sorry if I increased any heartbreak that you are feeling today.

I don't know if I should, but I call these months my Season of Grief. Even though it's been so many years, I still have difficulty with these months. I went through a series of deaths that were (are) beyond my ability to put into words the depth of mourning; my dear Grandma in August, followed by my Dad in September, and then my brother in October... of the same year. This affected me profoundly.

Even though I still shed tears, I also have had the acute pain lessen. I do hope that you are in the same space and that the tears were just a necessary relief valve, followed by calm.

Oh my goodness. I wish I could edit that post.

I was wishing I could edit my post . I loved the video & I probably needed a good cry . That was a long time ago & even though the grief still bubbles up my life has gone on mostly happily . My Mom who has been widowed 35 years once told me " Your life will move on but that will always be a part of who you are ".Thanks again for the video !

October is our sad month, my Mom & DH Mom both on Oct 21, 15 years apart, my Dad on Oct 29 (8 days after DH Mom). & as of last year DH lost his oldest sister & next oldest brother on Oct 1.

Sailor Sally, I'm sending a big hug. Your Mom is brilliant. Melody

We got the new Eddie Bauer catalog and while we were out it was easy enough to run into the store to check out several colors.

Debbie...I want to call your attention to a color that they are calling "Light Heather Gray." You know how normal Heather Gray tees, etc., are like a texturized gray with white? Well THIS Light Heather Gray is like texturized gray with cream/ivory. It really warms it up! It might be very close to the gray that you are looking for.

Also...in the Ignitelite Outerwear, there is a color they are calling "Light Steel" that is worth a try for being a great "greige" kind of color. This is a pricy line of outerwear...BUT...you could use the code HIKE unti Sept 22 to get 25% off any regular priced item.

And otherwise...there are some good FIRE possibilities in "Bright Coral" (seems to have a bit of a pink tone in it...like raspberry-like?, so not sure) and "Pansy" which could be a great Fire purple...seemed very warm to me in the store. Not sure about the "Caribbean Blue"...the lighting in the store was difficult.