Stores that carry "FIRE" season clothing

Joby

Was thinking it was shantung silk when I looked at it. I love the texture of that fabric.

It is humid here, and I decided to take photos for the soft, true, dark experiment. We have no air conditioning so it was a sweaty experience! Phew!

I got this shirt yesterday for a steal in the sunset coral color

new_86_635_9901_236_10?cache=on&wid=640&fmt=jpeg&qlt=70,1&resmode=sharp2&op_usm=1,1,5,0&fit=fit,1

http://www.express.com/clothing/women/mixed-fabric-tee/pro/6359901C/cat890004?selectedColor=SILVER%20GRAY

I'm hoping its a good Fire/Spring color. I also got a dress in the same color for $12!! That's quite an accomplishment for me, as I'm not much of a shopper :)

I got this shirt yesterday for a steal in the sunset coral color

new_86_635_9901_236_10?cache=on&wid=640&fmt=jpeg&qlt=70,1&resmode=sharp2&op_usm=1,1,5,0&fit=fit,1

http://www.express.com/clothing/women/mixed-fabric-tee/pro/6359901C/cat890004?selectedColor=SILVER%20GRAY

I'm hoping its a good Fire/Spring color. I also got a dress in the same color for $12!! That's quite an accomplishment for me, as I'm not much of a shopper :)

I love that shirt. Please let us know about the color. My guess from the other colors available is that it's too bright for EARTH, so your IRL opinion will be really helpful.

This is my study in greens. Are there enough variations in the colors? Maybe I should just take a picture of all my tops in a certain color hanging in the closet and maybe someone would choose what tops might be the best for a study in....??????

https://onedrive.live.com/redir?resid=47c368af053e4c0!206&authkey=!ACXEgSFcVVQu5jM&ithint=album%2c

Kim, those Study in Green pictures are really good for analysis. I don't have the eye that Anita does for the decision-making part of this procedure, but I can tell you that I definitely can see the reflection of the green onto your skin when I zoom into the pic.

Anita is so busy at the moment… as everyone can probably surmise given that she hasn't been on the boards lately with her opinions…

so… we wait a bit. I know that I can rank the tops when looking at them. What I was trying to do is to determine whether any of those green colors have a touch of cool to them? Do you think that they do?

On my monitor… pics #4 and pics #5 have the most attractive display of the green onto your face; I would say that the green that is reflected is more in keeping with a skin tone type of enhancement.

#4 and #5 give me pause. I really can't decide which one I think is more attractive for you.

And, here's where it gets tricky for me. I also can't tell if those greens are True Spring with absolutely no hint of cool to them… or if they have a bit of a coolish nature.

I do, however, think that there's some interesting comparisons that Anita has the skill to see…

This is my study in greens. Are there enough variations in the colors? Maybe I should just take a picture of all my tops in a certain color hanging in the closet and maybe someone would choose what tops might be the best for a study in....??????

Hey Kim...

I've been staring at your lovely face for a while now...

Here's the division that I THINK I see:

GreenKim_zps46p04dol.jpg

I think the top row is True Spring. Which I must admit blows my mind a bit because I could convince myself that I see a touch of cool in just about every photo...BUT...for your benefit, please refer to the palettes in this link:

http://inventyourimage.com/2014/07/17/our-new-and-improved-color-analysis-pages-are-ready/#!prettyPhoto

When I put the palettes...at full screen...in a separate tab next to your photos...so that I can make a comparison...

The top row seems harmonious to me and together they seem harmonious to the True palette. For the top row: it looks like the yellow green in the top row is very like the first yellow green in the top row of the palette. The collared green shirt is in the neighborhood of the third row down, the second green. The blue green shirt is like the third row down, the second one in from the end. I only try to pick out some specifics because I know you Kim! :)

The bottom row seems to be a bit brighter to me? The intensity of the colors just kicked up a notch...

So I think the bottom row is Bright. That yellow green has a bit more of the green in it? Which is more in keeping with the bright palette...the second row down...close to the second example in that color row. The blue green there in the third row down, the second one from the end.

So what it boils down to here...is True v. Bright:

TrueorBrightKim_zpswfmvbdkl.jpg

Here's the one that you can really blow up:

https://onedrive.live.com/redir?resid=a600c73afa45484a!641&authkey=!AJMoUs01H-Pshq8&ithint=album%2c

Here's the tricky part.

These photos are all taken in a cool light. I can compare these photos in general to the ones with the glasses on...and the light in the ones with the glasses on are all in a warmer light...

So it's tempting to say that the brighter colors are more flattering because they are giving you more "color" and there is a bit of a paler overall look to the true colors. HOWEVER...I'm going to argue that the true colors are more blended and it's just the effect of the cool light (especially when you have such warm coloring) that makes the more blended skin look less lively.

The bright colors make the reds of your skin more red. Also...I can see the color reflected under your neck more clearly in the bright colors...as in...the brighter colors aren't blending into your coloring quite as well as the true colors (which you can still see reflected on your neck when you zoom in).

And I would argue that while you are wearing the bright colors...you are wearing the true colors better...if you can understand what I'm trying to say.

In the orange study, I think that the palest color is Light...and Debbie and I could argue over that other lighter coral color and whether or not it is true or light...but I believe that all the real orange colors are True.

There isn't much orange on the color palettes that I prefer...in any of the spring palettes. I think the majority of orange in the world gets represented in Autumn...but truly, your oranges are bright, not muted. And I don't see a hint of cool in those oranges.

And staring at you in orange...there is very little difference in the way you photograph in all the orange pictures. The only one that I think is truly different is the palest one...and not that it is especially bad...but I think that you benefit from a bit more saturated color.

So the fact that the Light and the Bright really are very, very close to the True...leads me to believe that you are a True...and that you have been doing a great job of shopping!

I feel like you have found mostly true colors...and that the deviation from true into light and bright have been within the spectrum of flattering on you.

I haven't stared at the blues...

Like others have said...this can make your brain hurt a bit...LOL!

Posting this to share...even though I haven't looked at the blues...or the browns...

OH! One other thing to say about the bright palette...there isn't a good brown represented on that palette. All the browns are in the true and light palettes. Knowing how black...and anywhere close to black looks on you, Kim...this is another reasoning behind going for true over bright.

Anita,

Thanks for all of the commentary and explanation! It is so helpful to see something through another's eye. Sometimes I feel like I read waaaaay too much or too little into photos of myself.

As to the greens, I really think the green photo on the bottom right of those you posted above has a bit of blue in it. I feel like blues of other seasons bring out a peakedness to my face. It seems to age me I think. I LOVE my FIRE blues though and think they really make my eyes sparkle.

Whenever I see photos of myself I'm always surprised to see how much red I have in my face. Wonder why that is?????

Can we hear an "amen" on how I look in both black and white!!!!!!!!! And, let's add gray to that list too!

I agree that the more saturated colors are better on me. Where I really notice the difference is in my hair. I think the more saturated colors give my hair a richer look. Actually, I can use my hair as a comparison more than I can my skin tone when I'm trying on clothing and looking in a mirror. It just seems to be an easier area for me to see what looks good, better, best.

Thanks for all the thoughts and analyses you post--so helpful :)

Whenever I see photos of myself I'm always surprised to see how much red I have in my face. Wonder why that is?????

Kim, I think that seeing all the reddish areas of your face is a function of the way that the camera is sorting out the colors of the picture. I don't really know how to say what I think I mean…

What I'm "feeling" about this is that I was surprised by the incredible redness in my eyelids and my waterline around my eyes and a spot very near an area at the side of my eye; I ended up calling the effect my "allergy eyes." I felt that the redness was so prominent that I actually spent some time exploring how my eyes looked in the mirror. All that redness just wasn't that noticeable, even with a 5x magnification mirror (which, by the way, I don't recommend to ANYONE… my DH took a look and said "I'll never do that again!"… I just need the magnification to assist me with putting on makeup, but it's not for the faint of heart).

However, I can also tell you that my eyes felt miserable that day… very irritated and dry. I was trying to soothe my eyes with TheraTears eye drops and eyelid sanitization.

What I'm trying to say, is that the camera picked up on that redness whereas the naked eye just didn't ascertain any marked difference in skin tone for that area. Disclaimer: fuzzy vision… but still.

You know what I'm trying to say?

I think you've got a gift for seeing color distinctions. You've certainly got some beautiful FIRE greens! I'm disappointed in my closet's FIRE blues; I just didn't manage to find the best blues for me. All this talk about color favorites, even from childhood, has me wondering about myself! I don't think I have a favorite color! Shoot. If I can't even pinpoint a favorite color, no wonder I'm having the worst time trying to figure out a Style Statement!

I just wanted to jump in and say would somebody please buy this lovely dress:

http://www.lordandtaylor.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/en/lord-and-taylor/silk-shift-dress-0150-f712y605--1?site_refer=CSE_GGLPRADS001_LT&prod_id=0150-F712Y605&CAWELAID=120178030001753199&CAGPSPN=pla&catargetid=120178030000917674&cadevice=c&gclid=COqvsYnMuMcCFQwYHwod7OMNtQ

The picture doesn't do much but it is just so beautiful in person. It looks striped in the picture but it's more like a blue and green northern lights. I wanted it to be EARTH really bad, but I don't think it is. The green is definitely not. It's light as a feather and says "take me on a cruise...."

Edited by MJC

Well……

with all this newfound knowledge! I have been surfing a bit and trying to be less hit-and-miss with online shopping.

I opened up a window and loaded in the True Spring palette colors.

Then, I opened up a shopping window. Everything that I saw that was a possibility, I just zoomed in on the color and compared it to the palette, side-by-side.

Precious little opportunities passed this methodology, let me tell you.

BUT, the one that did was a beautiful dress from Ralph Lauren. AND, it came and was absolutely perfect. Well….. as perfect as a tiny little bit of assistance from eye concealer will be able to make it! LOL. That's OK, cause the dress is destined for a formal night on the Panama Canal cruise.

Just had to return a swimsuit to Tommy Bahama because the color wasn't making the grade!… again, with my new found knowledge. So I just got back from the errand of returning the swimsuit and exchanging for another color that looked pretty darn close on the monitor. We'll see!

Stopped in at Chico's. Have to let everyone know that the new color, Harmonized Ivory, looks to have a bit of pink in it. A jacket was on a table with a pair of dusty yellow leggings, and they really brought up the pink undertone. I don't think that one's going to work for either Kim or me… but Debbie, from what I've read… this might work for you. Keep an eye on whatever they make out of this color. Right now, it's a pretty fab faux leather lace-pieced jacket. But, it's a bit boxy in its construction, so I don't know how it would fit. Didn't try it on….

Also, wow… there's so much olive green right now being paired with PINK… and a sort of salmon pink in Banana Republic. It was such an interesting color combination; I think I quite liked it… but not for me. It was definitely on the lighter and softer side, though…. as an idea.

Pam, opening the windows side by side is much like what I was taught to do with my Light Spring fan. Open the fan into a wheel and place it on the fabric, even with lighter and darker variations of my best colors, the fan should meld into the fabric and "go". It shouldn't receded into the background, nor should it lay on top of the item and stand out. Way to go!

Thanks for the idea of pinky peach with olive. I have two pairs of olive pants and it just happens that I own a lightweight topper that will look great with an ivory top. You just updated my early fall look! This is always the time of year that I want an updated look. I guess it goes back to getting new clothes just before school started each year.

Well……

with all this newfound knowledge! I have been surfing a bit and trying to be less hit-and-miss with online shopping.

I opened up a window and loaded in the True Spring palette colors.

Then, I opened up a shopping window. Everything that I saw that was a possibility, I just zoomed in on the color and compared it to the palette, side-by-side.

Precious little opportunities passed this methodology, let me tell you.

BUT, the one that did was a beautiful dress from Ralph Lauren. AND, it came and was absolutely perfect. Well….. as perfect as a tiny little bit of assistance from eye concealer will be able to make it! LOL. That's OK, cause the dress is destined for a formal night on the Panama Canal cruise.

Just had to return a swimsuit to Tommy Bahama because the color wasn't making the grade!… again, with my new found knowledge. So I just got back from the errand of returning the swimsuit and exchanging for another color that looked pretty darn close on the monitor. We'll see!

Stopped in at Chico's. Have to let everyone know that the new color, Harmonized Ivory, looks to have a bit of pink in it. A jacket was on a table with a pair of dusty yellow leggings, and they really brought up the pink undertone. I don't think that one's going to work for either Kim or me… but Debbie, from what I've read… this might work for you. Keep an eye on whatever they make out of this color. Right now, it's a pretty fab faux leather lace-pieced jacket. But, it's a bit boxy in its construction, so I don't know how it would fit. Didn't try it on….

Also, wow… there's so much olive green right now being paired with PINK… and a sort of salmon pink in Banana Republic. It was such an interesting color combination; I think I quite liked it… but not for me. It was definitely on the lighter and softer side, though…. as an idea.

Funny, I just paired my Athleta Jasper green hoodie with a coral/salmon tank top & khaki leggings. Melody

Edited by awhfy

Pam, I'd love to see the dress!

I have spent a lot of time as of late looking at clothes. That is not new - I've always been what I will call a virtual shopper. I look, I like, I add it to the shopping bag, and then I don't order. :rolleyes: I do try to keep my eye on some things, waiting for a sale.

Maybe it's just me, but I get so excited about fall because it is when I can usually find things. So far, there isn't too much in the stores or online yet, at least for me. it seems like there isn't much in our colors, but when there is, there is a high neckline? I posted over on the earth thread about this Tadashi Shoji dress I feel in love with. But it has a high neckline, and it's pricey. At least for me, although I thought it was a good deal. I think I would try it on, but it's just not likely to work.

Do you ladies find that most of your colors are available in spring?

I need to get over to my pictures, see if I can start seeing what is soft, true and deep. I thought for sure I'd have a lot of time this weekend, but I got rather busy.

Laurie.

Here's the link.

http://www1.macys.com/shop/product/lauren-ralph-lauren-cowl-neck-cap-sleeve-dress?ID=2190134&CategoryID=5449&LinkType=#fn=COLOR%3DOrange%26PAGEINDEX%3D1%26sp%3D1%26spc%3D21%26slotId%3D17%26kws%3Dcowl%20dress%20lauren%20ralph%20lauren

We have such different goals in dresses! My goal is to try to get a bit of detail and fabric drape on the upper torso to de-emphasize the lack of abundance (shall I put it that way?)… also to try to give me an illusion of a nipped waist area. And, I have to be concerned with dress length that is more flattering on me; that has been difficult to achieve in the last few years unless you have the wherewithal to spend the money required for a St John's or a Chanel, etc that would provide something other than the shorter length of current fashion.

Anyway, this dress ticks all the boxes. I was so happy to have found it! In fact, with the closing of the Cache store… I've been having to look in more traditional department stores; i.e., Nordstroms, Macy's, Dillards… and have found some designers that I really didn't know existed! Tadashi Shoji makes beautiful dresses (on sale! preferably) as does Lauren Ralph Lauren and Michael Michael Kors. I find it interesting that the lower prices of these designers echo their names. I mean, what's up with that?!?

I so enjoy it when you post pictures of your dresses… and potential dresses. I feel like I've visited your kitchen many times and if I walked into it IRL, I'd just feel right at home!

I would have to reflect on whether it's easier for us FIRE ladies to shop in Spring, as a season rather than a color palette. I can tell you that my short excursion into our outdoor mall yesterday provided me with lots of opportunities to see outfits for you, Margaret, and Anita! For sure! A few items for Debbie. Kim and I would just have gone for a glass of wine, I think… to talk about those gorgeous outfits for you guys and wait for you to finish shopping so you could join us.

Hey, Anita. I know you are crazy busy and don't want to add more to your plate. This is for funsies, ok? I have no doubt that my Light Spring works for me. I wanted to play with everyone else and let our friends see my wonderful scarf. I took pictures Monday morning and yesterday morning. Same time, same conditions. Only Morning sunshine coming through a north window, taken with my iPhone and I didn't see a flash, but there is a LOT of light on my face. The background is aqua/dusty turquoise. Should I post them all here linking a OneDrive folder using your great instructions (when I have time and if able) or should I just post one to see if I need to retake?