Long shot lost and found, money clip with $$

kujobie

While at a local water park I found a thick clear "pouch" of money floating by in the lazy river. Must have been quite a bit because the outside bill showing was a $50, so I picked it up and observed others as I floated by to see if I saw anyone searching for something. Sure enough, around a couple of bends I saw a couple and a small child looking for something really hard. I asked them what they were looking for and with their accent it sounded like they said a "pooch" so I replied ,"a dog" to which they responded that they had lost a large pouch of money. I handed my newly found treasure to them and was a little peeved that they didn't say thank you or act appreciative. The lady just plopped the "pouch" down her swimsuit :eek:, hopped back on her float and sailed off without a word, so I told her "this was your lucky day, but if i find it again, it's mine. She just turned her head and floated away.... geesh! :confused::rolleyes::eek:

Why do so many people assume that the guest services staff are thieves?

I like to think that most people in this world are honest. But experience has taught me otherwise. And I do think the guest services folks would probably not risk their jobs over $100. But I just figured that the risk of the money being "lost" again would increase each time it changed hands, which might have been several times had I turned it in to them. I just thought it stood a better chance of getting back to the owner if I handled it myself.

I like to think that most people in this world are honest. But experience has taught me otherwise. And I do think the guest services folks would probably not risk their jobs over $100. But I just figured that the risk of the money being "lost" again would increase each time it changed hands, which might have been several times had I turned it in to them. I just thought it stood a better chance of getting back to the owner if I handled it myself.

Plus it is very possible that as tough as the life on the ship is, long hours and changing passengers every few days, they might find it a hassle to do the right thing. and after a few days, just pull the money clip, put it in the lost and found box, and the money, what money?

I sailed on the Sept. 12th Legend cruise. We were in cabin 5236. In the safe, tucked in the corner, I found a money clip with a large amount of money in it, over $100. The money clip was monogrammed and had an engraved dedication on it including the name of the giver and a date. It would be easily identifiable and I would like to make sure it gets back to the owner. I sent an email to the Carnival lost and found dept a week ago and have not heard back from them. I thought long and hard about taking it to guest services while on the cruise, but I felt more comfortable holding on to it and trying to get it back to the owner myself. I guess I'm a pessimist. Anyways, if you own this, e-mail me..

It is not mine but I just had to write and say thank you for being so honest. Very refreshing in today's world. I hope you find the owner. God Bless.

I think it's great that you've made the effort to find the rightful owner. I lost a new paperback and insulated lunch sack on the Carnival Freedom a week ago, and no one bothered to turn it in to guest services. They weren't worth alot of money, but it still ticked me off that someone kept them (especially since I had just started reading the book:().

I think it's great that you've made the effort to find the rightful owner. I lost a new paperback and insulated lunch sack on the Carnival Freedom a week ago, and no one bothered to turn it in to guest services. They weren't worth alot of money, but it still ticked me off that someone kept them (especially since I had just started reading the book:().

Man....that would tick me off too :mad:!!

This story is heartwarming if it plays out like it sounds it will....

When I (unknowingly) lost my debit card on the Conquest, I was afraid someone would get to my 'millions', but all is well...Guest services not only told our room steward, but left a message on my phone, so, I think they did go the appropriate route. I definitely am thankful.

Now I will have to rethink carrying things in my camera bag that can jump out without me knowing...:p

Plus it is very possible that as tough as the life on the ship is, long hours and changing passengers every few days, they might find it a hassle to do the right thing. and after a few days, just pull the money clip, put it in the lost and found box, and the money, what money?

Yes, I remember a story about a man who was trying to get back his daughter's stuffed animal, and no one helped him.

If they staff won't try and help a child get their favorite toy, what chance is there they will help a man get his money? Not much.

I definitely would not have turned it in to lost and found. I probably would have for something that did not have obvious value, like clothes, but for money or other valuables I would handle it myself.

When I (unknowingly) lost my debit card on the Conquest, I was afraid someone would get to my 'millions', but all is well...

The other day I went to an ATM... it was located in a parking lot, and as I walked to it from my car, I noticed a card on the ground. It was face down, so only the white back and signature was showing so it was not really obvious.

I picked it up and saw what it was and went back to the car and called the bank's security department. They questioned me about the card (to prove I had it) and then cancelled it. They told me to just keep it, and I did.

So, there are some good souls out there, but probably a few who would have tried to use it to buy something too.

The other day I went to an ATM... it was located in a parking lot, and as I walked to it from my car, I noticed a card on the ground. It was face down, so only the white back and signature was showing so it was not really obvious.

I picked it up and saw what it was and went back to the car and called the bank's security department. They questioned me about the card (to prove I had it) and then cancelled it. They told me to just keep it, and I did.

So, there are some good souls out there, but probably a few who would have tried to use it to buy something too.

Yea like a cruise for 2

Thank you for being so honest!!!!!!! It is my husbands $ clip, he is emailing you as I type this. Thank you thank you!!! I gave him this clip as a wedding present and he has been devasted since. He even emailed carnival about it. I can fill u in on some of what it says. I love you with all my heart and soul forever and ever amen! If I remember correctly it has 777 on it also which is our wedding anniversary. I just can't thank you enough for being so honest. We were just hoping for the clip back. We will be in touch, you are truly a great person!!

Thank you for being so honest!!!!!!! It is my husbands $ clip, he is emailing you as I type this. Thank you thank you!!! I gave him this clip as a wedding present and he has been devasted since. He even emailed carnival about it. I can fill u in on some of what it says. I love you with all my heart and soul forever and ever amen! If I remember correctly it has 777 on it also which is our wedding anniversary. I just can't thank you enough for being so honest. We were just hoping for the clip back. We will be in touch, you are truly a great person!!

Yay!! I've been following this saga all day. This is so cool!! :)

Hi. Glad I was able to track you guys down. Got your email and replied. Will drop it in the mail this week.

Miracles DO happen!! :eek:

It's still a little early in the story, but it looks like the original owner got extremely lucky and will be reunited with their lost item!

Thanks very much to the OP for your persistence, and for giving us all a great refresher lesson in Life 101.

Many blessings to you! :)

Archived