Long shot lost and found, money clip with $$

kujobie

Nice ending to the story.......i think we should all vote the op for member of the month...i also wonder if cc has a program like that that recognises members

If not, they should start one! I second that vote. Woo hoo! So nice to see a "happy" thread.:D

Years ago while on a date I found a huge diamond ring on the floor of the restaurant we had dinner. I am not a trusting person,I left my card with the manager and calle the local police with my phone number if anyone calls. After 3 months ,I called both back to see if anyone called,nope.Police said wait a year and call back,which I did.It became my property.A month later my Moms house got robbed and her engagement ring was stolen,she was heart broken. along with my sister we had my diamond put is a setting like Moms and gave it to her for her birthday.

I think it's great that you've made the effort to find the rightful owner. I lost a new paperback and insulated lunch sack on the Carnival Freedom a week ago, and no one bothered to turn it in to guest services. They weren't worth alot of money, but it still ticked me off that someone kept them (especially since I had just started reading the book:().

Did you check to make sure that the pool attendants did not get it?

Hi. Glad I was able to track you guys down. Got your email and replied. Will drop it in the mail this week.

Interesting to see that the owner was already a member of CC. :) She even posted her stateroom number on her Legend roll call. Had you put your stateroom number into the search feature, I wonder if that would have come up for an easier identifying experience. ;) That's really cool finding her!

I hope you are not mailing the cash? :eek:

Did you check to make sure that the pool attendants did not get it?

Interesting to see that the owner was already a member of CC. :) She even posted her stateroom number on her Legend roll call. Had you put your stateroom number into the search feature, I wonder if that would have come up for an easier identifying experience. ;) That's really cool finding her!

I hope you are not mailing the cash? :eek:

That's how I located them. I posted on their roll call thread and linked them to this one. Why wouldn't I mail the cash?

You never said how much money, just over $100, so a large amount of cash should never be mailed. Cash does seem to disappear when mailed. :rolleyes:

I'd get a cashiers check, then you don't have to send the owner your personal check. Or, send a package by Fed Ex., but don't mention that cash is inside.

You never said how much money, just over $100, so a large amount of cash should never be mailed. Cash does seem to disappear when mailed. :rolleyes:

I'd get a cashiers check, then you don't have to send the owner your personal check. Or, send a package by Fed Ex., but don't mention that cash is inside.

Being such a journey already, I would Fed Ex the Package for sure and some sort of secure check. Cash should never go through the mail.

Hate to see someone even tempted,and then lost money clip.

What a great ending to story.

Being such a journey already, I would Fed Ex the Package for sure and some sort of secure check. Cash should never go through the mail.

I just emailed Crusie Critic Community management.Figure a positive and heart warming story is worth spreading news about. maybe they can highlight story like they did the long lost camera.

Suzy

I was thinking the same thing. I sent my daughter a birthday card with a gift card enclosed via US mail. She got the card, but the gift card had been stolen.:mad:

I've NEVER had cash disappear in the mail... :confused:

okwriter, you are lucky.

My mom used to send my son some cash every month while he is in college. Those mailings suddenly stopped coming to my son. When he mentioned that he had not received anything in two months, I asked my mother about it. She said she was still sending it. We asked her to start sending a check instead and have never had a problem since. It could have been a postal worker, a neighbor, a roommate, but somehow the cash was detected.

Gift cards are the same as cash. They have no personal information attached to it, so there is no risk trying to use one. Also, you can feel a gift card much easier through an envelope and card. Folded cash is also detectable.

A personal check is safer, although people do try to steal them, but they are risky to try and use for the thief. Thieves also still credit cards.

I was thinking the same thing. I sent my daughter a birthday card with a gift card enclosed via US mail. She got the card, but the gift card had been stolen.:mad:

Unfortunately for my son, he also had a bag full of Christmas gift cards stolen from his room at college. He hadn't even had a chance to use them. This past year, we made him go out and use them before he headed back to school. :rolleyes:

Me either....

I guess the guest services people don't moonlight at the post office. :p

lol

I hadn't either, before my DD's birthday. That really peeved me off that someone just felt completely entitled to take my daughter's gift.

Sorry.

Great story...

This is a super story. Love to see a happy ending. CC posted a link to it on their Facebook page!

I always live in fear of losing my camera on vacation, and someone gave me this hint. Before leaving, take your first photo. Make it of a an index card. On that card put your name, cell number, email address and any other pertinent information (like what ship you are sailing on or what hotel you are staying in). If you lose it, and anyone turns on the camera and looks at the pictures for clues, they'll be able to find you.

After I had graduated from high school one of my Aunt's sent me cash in the mail. I never got it... A few months later a story ran in my small town paper. A postal worker had been fired for getting caught stealing giftcards and cash out of the mail :eek:

Archived