Long shot lost and found, money clip with $$

kujobie

Perhaps you can log onto Carnival's website--under community tab is funville-forums and then link to Carnival assistance-they have moderators from Carnival there--they may be able to help. Just another idea.

Link to that starting area for assistance

http://www.carnival.com/Funville/forums/14127.aspx

Suzy

I already sent an email to Carnival. They have a lost and found group in the contact us link. My next step is to call them I guess

It may have been from many sailings before. It was tucked in the front corner of the safe, hidden. I always check it out and this is not the first time I have found something there. But usually it is nail clippers or something like that.

Sorry to be off point, but who keeps nail clippers in the safe? Seriously! Bu tOP I think you are doing it right too. Good luck.:)

Sorry to be off point, but who keeps nail clippers in the safe? Seriously! Bu tOP I think you are doing it right too. Good luck.:)

I was wondering the same thing. I didn't keep the clippers, nor did I try to find the owner..

I would give John Heald a chance. He is always doing things for passagers. I'd email him with all the info of the sailing and room number and he probably could get the persons name and email.

He could email them your email so they could contact you.

I'm sure good things will come your way for all your kindness

I would give John Heald a chance. He is always doing things for passagers. I'd email him with all the info of the sailing and room number and he probably could get the persons name and email.

He could email them your email so they could contact you.

I'm sure good things will come your way for all your kindness

I also wonder if Host Mach knows anyone through Carnival that could help match the OP with the info needed to return it??

I was hoping Mach would step in, I know he is tight with CD's. I went to John's blog and couldn't figure out how to email him. Have never posted there before. Can someone provide a link?

Still possible that he will pop in here.....but here is his "host" email address if you'd like to try and contact him: HostMach@cruisecritic.com

I sailed on the Sept. 12th Legend cruise. We were in cabin 5236. In the safe, tucked in the corner, I found a money clip with a large amount of money in it, over $100. The money clip was monogrammed and had an engraved dedication on it including the name of the giver and a date. It would be easily identifiable and I would like to make sure it

gets back to the owner. I sent an email to the Carnival lost and found dept a week ago and have not heard back from them. I thought long and hard about taking it to guest services while on the cruise, but I felt more comfortable holding on to it and trying to get it back to the owner myself. I guess I'm a pessimist. Anyways, if you own this, e-mail me..

Try to Google the "giver's" name. Maybe they have a Facebook or LinkedIn.

How wonderful that you an honest person found the item. I would bet once the owner is located they will be so happy to be reunited with this sentimental item Kudos to you!!

I once found a 35 mm slr camera in port and returned it to our ship. I was told it was picked up by the owner but no way to really know I guess.

I always say how I would feel if i lost something important and got it back.

Post once you get an outcome to this and again Kudos to you!!

I think it is great that you are taking the time and effort of trying to re-unite the clip with it's owner. We would also have tried- and I think you have taken all the right steps. I am sure most people would have taken the money and thrown out the clip. Please let keep us updated. I love stories with happy endings! :)

Holy cow! That was fast! The odds of finding the one person that left that clip in that cabin safe is amazing! Lucky Suzepoo read this thread. Hopefully kujobie will e-mail, and the clip/money will be on it's way to the owner. A happy ending, as I had hoped!:D

There is almost no chance of finding owner on this board.

Guess not. :D It's a small world.

Good job OP, good job.

"A pessimist is one who makes difficulties of his opportunities and an optimist is one who makes opportunities of his difficulties."

~~ Harry S. Truman ~~

Awesome! I recall another lost & found success story that played out on here not too long ago. Someone had found a camera, I believe... and got it back to the owner. Odds aren't very good when such a small percentage of the cruising world is on CC. Way to go kujobie!!!!

This is great! Can't wait for the OP to come back and give us the whole story. :)

suzepoo, how did you know these people lost the clip of money?

Well, thanks anyway for your honesty!

It is so good to know there are honest people around! I was going to my stateroom on the Conquest a couple of weeks ago & our dear room steward Ninja said someone had found my debit card & turned it in to guest services...I didn't even know it was missing - must have slipped out of my camera bag after a day in the Bahamas...still, so grateful for the honest person, hope this situation turns out for the best!

I found someones credit card on the floor, near the entrance to the dining room on a previous cruise. I turned it into the purser. Sure hope the owner got it back.

I also found a fairly nice ink pen in the safe, tucked under that same lip. I think it just rolled there. No identifying marks on the pen.

I also found a small navy blue skirt (like an airline stewardess would wear) in our closet. I gave it to our steward, and he said, "are you sure this is not yours?" I answered "look at me, do you think I could fit in this?" :D

A few years ago I found over $300.00 at a park. I looked around for anyone who appeared to be seaching for something but no luck. I ended up giving the money to some Harbor Patrol folks who happened to be at a nearby dock. To this day I have regretted that as I have no idea if they made attempts to find the owner or just had a good party. Anyway, I'm not sure what I should have done.

Archived