Long shot lost and found, money clip with $$

kujobie

I just had to read this - I must say I'm so proud of the OP for taking personal responsibility for something so clearly important to the owner.

The response from the owner nearly brought tears to my eyes tonite...

Happy Travels to all those involved!

Happy Travels to all those involved!

Sorry for the interuption.....

Brian,

Have you gone on the roll call for the October 2011 TransAtlantic?

Glad you all liked the hint with the info photographed on the camera. It really does make one a bit more secure that maybe someone will turn something in. The idea with multiple smaller memory cards for each day of a trip is a good one too, I always hate the idea of downloading a whole ton at once, my Kodak Gallery flips out, and if you do lose the camera at least you have all the photos except for that day. Have to look into that idea.

Happy sailing and I still love the original story!

Thank you for being so honest!!!!!!! It is my husbands $ clip, he is emailing you as I type this. Thank you thank you!!! I gave him this clip as a wedding present and he has been devasted since. He even emailed carnival about it. I can fill u in on some of what it says. I love you with all my heart and soul forever and ever amen! If I remember correctly it has 777 on it also which is our wedding anniversary. I just can't thank you enough for being so honest. We were just hoping for the clip back. We will be in touch, you are truly a great person!!

Just a guess but:

I Love You With All My Heart (and) Soul For Ever Always?

The wife posted awhile back what it stood for, see above.

It's a great story..

To be able to relax and travel ever in ones life....an extremely wonderous gift..IMHO.

To pass on the gift of helping out one's fellow man on these travels is just great..

Thank you for helping us to see what a joy it was for you and it sure was for us

kubojie.

Sincerely,

Sarah

I assisted someone in my cruise group help find their missing camera. I knew the guy that lost his camera, then saw a post on CC where someone had found a camera. Same cruise, same waiting area where we all were on disembarkation. Happily, my cruise pal was reunited with his camera. There are good, honest people out there!!

Happy ending, we received our money clip!

Just wanted to post a quick update to let everyone know that we received our money clip and $ yesterday. Thank you so much, kujobie! Also, thanks to all who have followed this story on cruise critic. It is great to know that there are kind and caring people out there.

Kujobie

Congrats on finding the owner!!!! Yippie!!!

My hubby and I have always said what goes around comes around. We have owned a little mom and pop business for 22 years and I've lost count of how many wallets, pocketbooks, keys, expensive sunglasses, cellphones, etc. we have found and returned over the years. That is also not counting how many customers have come in with cell phones, pocketbooks, wallets, etc. they found out in our parking lot. All, very thankfully, returned to their owners:D

We just did a cruise on NCL Jewel and I found a digital camera on the floor of the theater after a show. I turned it in to the pursers desk where they documented (in front of me) in a lost and found book where they also took my name and cabin number. This happened to be a small digital camera. Had this been a very expensive camera I would have attempted to find the owner of it myself. My Canon digital camera cost us around $300 which, to me, is a lot of money. I don't know how much time and energy a cruise line would put into actually locating the owner themselves. They may simply not have the time. We even hung out in the theater for a good 15 minutes hoping the person would realize they lost their camera. I followed up a few days later and they pulled out the book and told me the owner had claimed the camera. No lost cruise memories.

So glad you chose the method you did to find the owner of the clip.

Really nice to start my day by reading a happy ending story.

Kathy

Happy ending, we received our money clip!

Just wanted to post a quick update to let everyone know that we received our money clip and $ yesterday. Thank you so much, kujobie! Also, thanks to all who have followed this story on cruise critic. It is great to know that there are kind and caring people out there.

It is awsome to get something back you lost that means so much to you. Did you happen to go to the Guest Services and check to see if anyone turned in your money clip ?

Just courious.

It is awsome to get something back you lost that means so much to you. Did you happen to go to the Guest Services and check to see if anyone turned in your money clip ?

Just courious.

Hi there. We actually did not realize we had lost the money clip until we were off the ship (at the airport). We did contact Carnival via email when we got back home regarding the lost money clip, but fortunately for us - kujobie took it upon himself to track us down.

Kujobie had also contacted Carnival, stating he found the money clip in our room, but we never received notification of this nor his contact info from Carnival. Thanks to cruise critic, though, he found us. :)

Hi there. We actually did not realize we had lost the money clip until we were off the ship (at the airport). We did contact Carnival via email when we got back home regarding the lost money clip, but fortunately for us - kujobie took it upon himself to track us down.

Kujobie had also contacted Carnival, stating he found the money clip in our room, but we never received notification of this nor his contact info from Carnival. Thanks to cruise critic, though, he found us. :)

Curious as some other posters said have found items in "front door area of safe" did you place item there, or did it work its way into a weird spot in safe to miss item? So glad it was reunited.

I was in the same group as shelloz. I lost my glases on board adn checked for days at the pursurs desk. never received them. been wearing cheap reading glasses to see ever since. I think I may have lost them for good though. I lost them the same night I was bowing to the toilet gods after the last open bar party and I am afraid they are just sitting on the bottom of the ocean somwhere! :( posting just in case. I could have lost them anywhere not just in my room, they were kinda beat up!

Archived