No Ships in Grand Cayman today

skings

Liberty was supposed to be there too, which is a bummer because a good friend of mine is on board (his first cruise). I can't wait to hear all about it, CCL had actually reversed the itinerary on this sailing trying to avoid the tropical storms.

But, knowing him he's still having fun, he's just that kind of person. :)

GC has a nice submarine ride and see the stingrays and after a few times waste of time. Never understood why people make such a big deal about Grand Cayman so you get wall to wall tourists.

It had quite the caché not too long ago as a playground for the monied crowd before they tightened up their off-shore banking regulations.

I am sure for those of you who have been there many times it may be nothing special...cruisers like ourselves who are new to this would love to go there at least once....You cruise snobs you!!:eek::eek:

Been there lots and it's still one of my Favorite stops! In December we're swiming with the Stingrays with a group from our Roll Call and heading to Rum Point Beach can't wait! :D But I enjoy just getting off the ship and walking around for a bit, sitting and enjoying a drink on land in an open are spot. :)

GC has a nice submarine ride and see the stingrays and after a few times waste of time. Never understood why people make such a big deal about Grand Cayman so you get wall to wall tourists.

I love the Grand Caymans, After all of the years offshore banking there I finally got to visit my billions of dollars that I am hiding from the IRS.;)

Grand Cayman and Royal Palms beach was one of my favorite ports.

Awesome beach and bar restaurant .. but expensive.. thats my only gripe about Cayman.. if you could get 2 beers for 5 bucks.. or something like that would be nice.. but $5.50 a beer is abit much to really enjoy it for me

If you like scuba diving and snorkeling, it would be good. The beach is just meh. It's just not for everyone. There isn't much else to do. We found out about Cayman dollars when we ended up paying 12.00 for a sandwich. Yes, we should have known that the lunch amounts were not in US dollars. :rolleyes:

We are booked to get married in Hell, Grand Cayman on our first cruise in November

How special!

Instead of saying "Happy Anniversary" you can just tell each other to go to Hell.

Yes, unfortunately Grand Cayman is at mercy of the waves, so this does happen occasionally.

You should definitely have a wedding plan "B" in case Hell freezes over.

Does this happen alot? We are booked to get married in Hell, Grand Cayman on our first cruise in November

Are you kidding?? I would LOVE, LOVE, LOVE to tell my DH to go to HELL and have it mean a good thing!! :D :D :D

Congrats!

ETA: I took my (then, now 25) 14 yr old w/me to GC (land vaca) and we had a blast... been back twice since then and found lots of stuff to do. Fun place.

Archived