On Board Safes Big Enough For Ipad?

willk49

I didn't even try to put my iPad in the safe. Just left it out. That's what I've done on every cruise, whether iPad or netbook. Never even thought to put it in the safe. If I had, it would have made it difficult to get to my jewelry or money, which I do leave in the safe.

I just got off the Coral and really enjoyed the Ipad. It was not necessary to put it in the safe. I left it out in the room with no problem or concern.

Warren

Hi, I'll be traveling on the Coral next July....happy to hear that you left the iPad out in the room, but do you know if it fits in the safe? Thank!

I left my Macbook Pro laptop, High Def video camera and still camera out on the counter for 14 days without worry. Your cabin steward will watch your goods like a hawk, they don't want to be accused of anything:D

We are going on the Emerald Princess soon. Can an iPad fit in the safe?

Thanks

We've always left our laptop on the desk.

You don't need to worry about the steward taking anything, but some folks worry about the steward leaving the door open when he's in the hallway and another passenger entering the room.

If you're worried about leaving something out, and it won't fit in the safe, put it in your suitcase (that you store under the bed). It would be safe there.

The larger items could be stored in a locked suitcase.
We've got a Dell Inspiron 11Z, slightly larger than a netbook, and it fits nicely into the desk drawer. While we prefer valuables to be out of sight, we've never had any issue if we leave them on the desktop.

Items left out on the desktop may be moved by the steward, as they endeavor to provide a neat appearance to that area. Anything in the drawer is your own and will not be touched.

Archived