Best way to surprise my Wife on our cruise

rayison

I think a vow renewal is lovely.

BUT...I think I would be upset if I didn't know about it, because as a woman I'd want to get as dolled up as possible, get pictures, etc.

If someone were to do that, they should have a co-worker or sister, etc in on it, have the wife help "pick out" a dress for that person, all the while asking what would they (the wife) would wear, what types of dresses they would like. Than order a dress that would appeal to that person, and have the dress in the stateroom for the vow renewal. (there are plenty of overseas companies that do custom wedding dresses for less than $200, delivered)

First of all, considering I'm your sister, I really like the suggestion of surprising her with a family member.......ME! :) Since that is not going to happen, knowing how much she loves to cook I was thinking something along the lines of meeting the chef at an upscale restaurant in Cozumel {since she LOVES Mexican food!} and going behind the scenes in the kitchen. Or maybe there is a winery tour in one of your ports that she could sip her way through. Those might be tough to arrange, though, so I think you should surprise her with another cruise ~ obviously, the Celebrity Equinox in April with us! Have fun with whatever you decide.....She is so lucky to have you!!!

My Wife and are avid cruisers and have done many fun things on our cruises. I want to really surprise her this time. Something we can do on the ship, that not many people know is possible and how I would go about arranging it. I understand there is a Concierge on board, but have never used them. Any advice or ideas would be appreciated. Think romance, surprise and unexpected. Thanks!

Book a spa/hair appt for her

Book Specialty retsuarant for that evening

Have Champagne in cabin

Have a wonderful trip

Carole

Too Funny! But I already do that at home...

On the Bow tie, would the surprise be if I went to dinner like that?

Believe it or not, all of these ideas you are sharing can be incorporated into the cruise. I have my thinking cap on.

Thanks!

Believe it or not, all of these ideas you are sharing can be incorporated into the cruise. I have my thinking cap on.

Thanks!

Thanks!

FOMG you dont admit things like 'putting on ur wifes clothes' here on cc:):D

We recently renewed our vows on Celebrity Century, and it was an incredible moment for both of us. However, it was not a surprise...we did it together. I did read not too long ago, about a woman who arranged a renewal without her husband knowing about it. She actually had a large group of folks meet for dinner when they all arrived the night prior to the cruise and proposed to him at dinner and told him about the renewal at that time. The group knew in advance and were all in on the secret. She was the CC member and he never read the boards so she was able to get everyone to help her in the planning.

Celebrity did an incredible job with our ceremony, the arrangements and the photographs. I've described the day in detail and there are also photos in the live blog I did on board the 12 night cruise. If you have any questions, please feel free to ask.

Happy cruising....Joanne

OMG...the Botox is so funny! Background...love to travel..cruising, love to cook together, love wine. So that means many of the ideas given here are perfect to make her happy. Age is a state of mind...but she is just past her mid 40's.

So I am thinking a botox treatment on the pier, $20 beach massage in Costa Maya and surprise her with a $2 Beer. What do you think? I am so kidding...

My current thought is to see what I can do regarding food and wine. I want to see if I can arrange anything that involves the kitchen, but at the very least I can have something special done at the specialty restaurant. I will most likely do something around a massage and am putting together small surprises each day. I am saving the vow renewal for the future. We have been married 17 years as of now.

I will show her this thread once the surprises have occurred. She will get a kick out of it.

Archived