Best way to surprise my Wife on our cruise

rayison

My Wife and are avid cruisers and have done many fun things on our cruises. I want to really surprise her this time. Something we can do on the ship, that not many people know is possible and how I would go about arranging it. I understand there is a Concierge on board, but have never used them. Any advice or ideas would be appreciated. Think romance, surprise and unexpected. Thanks!

Bring your girlfriend along. That would be a big surprise, for sure...:eek: Just kidding;). If you check Celebrity's web site they have a couple of gift packages like breakfast in bed with champagne and spa packages you can get. It's a fairly extensive list and they have many choices. Good luck.

Phil

1. Bring along a family member that she is particularly fond off. Squirrel them away until after the ship has sailed, and have them just TURN UP.

2. Talk to the Hostess and/or the Concierge, and see if you can wrangle an invite to dine at the Captain's table. Then see if you can garner one of those limited edition bridge tours.

3. How about a little surprise each day? Perfume. Flowers. Massage. Champagne. Caviar. Be creative. You can do this.

Good luck!!!

Bring your girlfriend along. That would be a big surprise, for sure...:eek: Just kidding;). If you check Celebrity's web site they have a couple of gift packages like breakfast in bed with champagne and spa packages you can get. It's a fairly extensive list and they have many choices. Good luck.

Phil

OMG LMAO ... about lost it on that one.:eek::D

Jewelry is always nice. Another idea that was mentioned that I like (as a woman, I think what I would like from my hubby), is to do the small gift/surprise every day.

On our honeymoon, instead of doing the paid spa or romance packages, my hubby packed a bottle of massage oil. On our sea day, he opened the balcony doors and gave me a massage while we watched the ocean go by. WAY more romantic than the spa massages, and MUCH cheaper.

Phil

That was very funny, but then it came to me you now have to come up with two sets of gifts each day one for the wife one for the girlfriend whew

:D

If she likes dressing up, you can always get her a nice necklace or pair of earrings for formal night. You can hide it in your carry on and give it to her when you get to your room.

Maybe for the week you can have a card each day with a little coupon...massage by you, doing an activity she would like at a particular port, spa facial another day, etc..

I vote for spa treatments! That's a nice surprise. That or one of those celebrity photo sessions (not the ones you walk up to, but the ones that you pay extra $$ and they follow you around the ship). Those sessions seem cool, esp if you're on one of the S-class ships where beauty is everywhere!

Book a romantic dinner at a speciality restaurant with champagne and roses. Talk to the concierge and arrange for one of the entertainers or band members to serenade you while at dinner. Don't know if this is possible but give it a try.

Mary Lou

My Wife and are avid cruisers and have done many fun things on our cruises. I want to really surprise her this time. Something we can do on the ship, that not many people know is possible and how I would go about arranging it. I understand there is a Concierge on board, but have never used them. Any advice or ideas would be appreciated. Think romance, surprise and unexpected. Thanks!

You say that you want to surprise her with something you can do on the ship. The Concierge can help you in this regard. You could arrange for a candlelight dinner on your verandah, present her with a gift box (jewellery) or even a gift item nicely wrapped that would describe your next adventure at sea....a future cruise certificate!

The concierge can arrange to have the room decorated for you, wine and chocolate covered strawberries, an intimate dinner table for two at the specialty restaurant.....the list goes on and on.

If you are willing to do something off the ship, the concierge could arrange something in port for you....a private car and driver to take you to a secluded beach or a horse and buggy ride.

Speak to the Cruise Director. Try to arrange a special song to be song to your wife from a lounge entertainer or one of the onboard staff. This could be done at breakfast, lunch or dinner in your own stateroom or in a public venue.

I'm sure that with the help of CC members you will find something that is suitable.

Please be sure to let us know what you did and how she enjoyed the surprise.

Good luck and have a great cruise.

I'm a big surprise believer. Loads of fun. I've taken my wife on many surprise trips, announced at last minute, or done things that were a surprise on the trip - upgrades or different hotels or someone special meeting us. I have always wanted to surprise my wife by taking her on a trip so that she would not know where we are going until we get there. If I could get her to wear eye shades and ear plugs I might be able to get her on an airplane without her knowing where it was going, but they would announce too much on the overhead speaker. If I was on Southwest airlines, they are cool enough that they might work with me and warn on the overhead for her to cover her ears each time they come on to talk about the flight. Anyway, if you have not yet told her where the cruise is going, that could be your surprise. Or, you get get a stateroom upgrade and surprise her with that. Other ideas would be to get something physical or tangeable from where you met or were married, and arrange for it to be waiting in the stateroom or at your table first night. You could have a nice limo take you to the pier, or pick you up for an excursion.

You could have one of the entertainers do a special song if you have one that they could announce as such. If you are going to have a meal at a speciality restaurant, you could talk to them ahead of time and see if fhey can make something or do something that would have special significance to her. If you go to a movie on board, you could see if they would show some digital pictures you give them ahead of time on a umb drive or something to welcome her that night. You could arrange for a single rose at dinner each night through the maitre de.

Have a great time.

- Joel

Even better, arrange a romantic meal, candels, champagne, the lot, the half way through give her the divorce papers then introduce the girl friend :D:D:D:D

But on the real suggestion, Last cruise on the IOS that I took my girl friend on we managed to get her on a big surprise. When we booked the cruise 5 months previously through her son who worked for a well known TA here in the UK before he moved down under. During the 5 months, we decided to surprise his mother with him and his girlfriend coming too, Only thing is we didnt tell her anything. He booked a balcony cabin on deck 8, and managed to get us upgraded to balcony 7 immediately below them.

The story we were telling his mother was that they were going to watch us on google earth real time, a supposed real time method of seeing the ship sailing. He was going to talk to her on the phone saying he could see her, or asking her to move from behind someone (He would have been behind us on the deck above watching us). Since we had driven down I took some of his additional baggage unbeknown to my girlfriend, it included his heavy kilt.

The two of them flew down the day of the sailing, and it was a case of send text messages saying exactly were we where, it worked out well up until 30 mins before sailing, he couldnt hold back any more and then decided to turn up at the cabin and surprise his mum that way. Needless to say she was very emotional and had a fantastic cruise....:):)

My husband isn't very romantic so I took matters into my own hands. I had a tape recording of our wedding service that my son helped me put on a cd prior to our cruise. On our anniversary (40th) I put the cd in the laptop, played it and repeated our vows in our room. It was the best surprise I've ever pulled off. He was crying, I was crying and we had to go to dinner with red eyes. Pretty inexpensive too. That was 3 years ago and it was worth all the time spent making it happen. The ship would have done a vow renewal, but it was pricey and I couldn't hide that expense from him. He ordered cake for the dinner table to celebrate with our tablemates. It was great.

Archived