Current 150 central park current menu on Oasis

dfishner

We are booked for 150 central park 3 weeks from now and am interested in what the current menu offering is. Have not seen many reivews of the restaurant in quite awhile either so am curious is it still a great place to have dinner and what the menu now looks like since they merge the A and B menus. Any feedback would be appreciated

We are booked for 150 central park 3 weeks from now and am interested in what the current menu offering is. Have not seen many reivews of the restaurant in quite awhile either so am curious is it still a great place to have dinner and what the menu now looks like since they merge the A and B menus. Any feedback would be appreciated

I might be able to save you some time. There was no merging of those 2 menus. It's a totally different menu. There was one menu and the 2 main course items were salmon and lamb. I was very disappointed.

I might be able to save you some time. There was no merging of those 2 menus. It's a totally different menu. There was one menu and the 2 main course items were salmon and lamb. I was very disappointed.

Paul reading your review was the reason for my post was concerned since I have 150 central booked and was curious what the menu was. I do like lanb am not a fan of salmon so wanted to know what the rest of the menu was and decide if I was going to keep the booking or cancel. Your review had me somewhat concerned

Paul reading your review was the reason for my post was concerned since I have 150 central booked and was curious what the menu was. I do like lanb am not a fan of salmon so wanted to know what the rest of the menu was and decide if I was going to keep the booking or cancel. Your review had me somewhat concerned

I am concerned also. Loved 150 last year but I do not eat salmon or lamb...so am wondering whether we (party of 6) should also cancel.

I have seen a previous thread with 2 different menus. I was told it rotated depending on the day of the week. I am wondering based on Paul's review, if there are not even more menus. We have reservations for our first night and I just don't know what to do.

I have seen a previous thread with 2 different menus. I was told it rotated depending on the day of the week. I am wondering based on Paul's review, if there are not even more menus. We have reservations for our first night and I just don't know what to do.

We asked our waitress about the lobster. She told us 150 didn't serve lobster, so I don't know what was going on. You know how a language barrier suddenly exists whenever you have a complaint? That happened in our case. We couldn't get a straight answer.

Nabbed from another thread from last month:

Here is the new menu...sorry only one menu now:

Melon Salad - Champagne and Crystallized Ginger Gelee, Crisp Prosciutto, Parmagiano Reggiano

Camembert and Lager Soup - Spiced Caramel Corn, Bacon Bits, Watercress

Rainbow Chard and Ricotta Caramelle Pasta - Romesco Sauce, Chorizo, Roasted Red Peppers, Garlic Chips

Seared Salmon - Ras el Hanout Cauliflower Puree, Chickpeas, Preserved Lemon, Cucumber Yogurt Salad

Provencal Lamb Loin - Dijon Potato Puree, Ratatouille Olive Tapenade Stuffed Pattypen Squash, Lamb, Jus

Duo of Chocolate Mousse with Almond Orange Tuile - White Chocolate and Grand Marnier Dark Chocolate and Coffee

I must say that I am a bit disappointed in the menu at 150 Central Park. We have a reservation there on our first night, which happens to be my wifes birthday.. We were really hoping to see the menu that they had earlier but I think we will still go, despite the change of menu. Everyone's taste is different and we both love tasting new things.

Do they have any decent wine pairings for this menu?

Aquahound,

Do you think you will try 150 Central Park on the Allure?

Here is the new menu...sorry only one menu now:

Melon Salad - Champagne and Crystallized Ginger Gelee, Crisp Prosciutto, Parmagiano Reggiano

Camembert and Lager Soup - Spiced Caramel Corn, Bacon Bits, Watercress

Rainbow Chard and Ricotta Caramelle Pasta - Romesco Sauce, Chorizo, Roasted Red Peppers, Garlic Chips

Seared Salmon - Ras el Hanout Cauliflower Puree, Chickpeas, Preserved Lemon, Cucumber Yogurt Salad

Provencal Lamb Loin - Dijon Potato Puree, Ratatouille Olive Tapenade Stuffed Pattypen Squash, Lamb, Jus

Duo of Chocolate Mousse with Almond Orange Tuile - White Chocolate and Grand Marnier Dark Chocolate and Coffee

A couple of things have me scratching my head 1) being lamb loin instead of a rack or a lamb chop there is a big difference.2) is the Salmon wild or farm raised? there is a difference in taste between the two with a big nod to the wild salmon.

So I will think about it and make a decsion before I cruise I am a little disappointed not that there is no lobster I just not sure this menu really excites me.

No. For the price, I was not satisfied enough to do it again...with any menu. For me, Giovanni's Table was the hit. Otherwise, it would be Chops.

I just called C&A and put myself in for the Chef table which is a better menu. Had to give them 3 dates and they will let me know in about a week. I will cancel the 150 central park I just do not like the menu. I have reservation at Giovanni's table and thank you for the heads up on 150 Central park it is most appreciated.

I really like your posts on your Oasis cruise.

We loved 150 last year and were underwhelmed with Giovannis. Have 150 booked again and had planned on passing on Giovannis. However, I don't do lamb or salmon. Mr. Ski does lamb but not excited about salmon. Not sure about the rest of our group. Other than the lamb and salmon everything else works for me. Maybe I can have 3 desserts and no salmon or lamb.

Do they have any decent wine pairings for this menu?

We had the wine pairing with the menu that is posted on this thread. It was another $75 on top of the $35 cover charge. One glass with each course. Mostly white wines with one light bodied red and a port with desert. They seemed very well matched.

Mike

We loved 150 last year and were underwhelmed with Giovannis. Have 150 booked again and had planned on passing on Giovannis. However, I don't do lamb or salmon. Mr. Ski does lamb but not excited about salmon. Not sure about the rest of our group. Other than the lamb and salmon everything else works for me. Maybe I can have 3 desserts and no salmon or lamb.

They did offer us an alternative to the lamb, I "think" it was filet mignon. Nobody at our table took the alternative, so I am going by memory. It is possible they offered us an alternative to the salmon as well, but I can't remember what it was.

Mike

They did offer us an alternative to the lamb, I "think" it was filet mignon. Nobody at our table took the alternative, so I am going by memory. It is possible they offered us an alternative to the salmon as well, but I can't remember what it was.

Mike

A week ago the alternative to the lamb was the filet and the alternative to the salmon was halibut.

they did offer us an alternative to the lamb, i "think" it was filet mignon. Nobody at our table took the alternative, so i am going by memory. It is possible they offered us an alternative to the salmon as well, but i can't remember what it was.

Mike

a week ago the alternative to the lamb was the filet and the alternative to the salmon was halibut.

excellent!!!! Thanks so much for the info! That makes me want to keep the reservations then! Yeah! Y'all have made my day! Thanks so much!!!!!

Archived