Tour company in florence

cuddles115

Rome in Limo is booked. Was looking at Prestige Rent Italy. I didn't see any reviews. Any other suggestions would be appreciated.

We used Papillon Service for a Florence/Pisa. They are based in Livorno and we had a very good tour in one of their new Mercedes vans. It was with Roberto who is one of the principals of the company. Lina manages the business end. You may want to check Trip Advisor for reviews of Prestige or Papillon. But if you search the Italy threads, I believe you will find reviews of both companies. Good luck.

http://www.papillonservice.com/

We have used Unforgettable Tuscany twice! This year we had four groups from our sailing and every group was pleased with the drivers they had.

Paolo (the owner) is a real gentleman, an excellent driver, and he is very flexible, making a last minute change to our itinerary to accommodate us. We even had a 'surprise' stop on the way to Florence that was very interesting!

Go to unforgettable tuscany dot com.

We have booked Fiorentino Mariano [info@pleasantravel.com] for 3 tours, but what I was wondering - the tour companies don't take credit cards to confirm your reservations. What guarantee do you have that they will show up at the port? Has anyone else had this concern?

B. Cole

We have booked Fiorentino Mariano [info@pleasantravel.com] for 3 tours, but what I was wondering - the tour companies don't take credit cards to confirm your reservations. What guarantee do you have that they will show up at the port? Has anyone else had this concern?

B. Cole

If you booked with Mariano, have NO fear; he WILL be there on time! he was excellent on our Amalfi Drive and arranged a very good guide at Herculaneum. He will custom-design the tour that you want.

Mariano is one of Paolo's (Unforgettable Tuscany) associates. We also had Roberto Brunetti for Rome. All were excellent and chose great 'local' places for lunch - NOT tourist traps - authentic Italian food! Mariano even surprised my husband with a birthday cake!

Can't go wrong with these!

auntdot

We just returned, using Giovanni Sirabella Sunflower-Tours.com. We spent about 380Euros and had a fabulous time. Giovanni is knowledgeable of history and architecture, polite, responsible and truly enjoys his work. We have used other drivers in the past and he very well may be the best. We had a wonderful time.

Gary Gartner-Houston

We have used Unforgettable Tuscany twice! This year we had four groups from our sailing and every group was pleased with the drivers they had.

Paolo (the owner) is a real gentleman, an excellent driver, and he is very flexible, making a last minute change to our itinerary to accommodate us. We even had a 'surprise' stop on the way to Florence that was very interesting!

Go to unforgettable tuscany dot com.

I fully agree with you about Paolo. I bet the 'surprise' stop was at an old castle that is now a hotel out in some beautiful, rolling country.

He also took us to a real Italian restaurant for lunch. Great day.

pis14.jpg

• 3 weeks later...

We had the exact opposite experience with Giovanni

We just returned, using Giovanni Sirabella Sunflower-Tours.com. We spent about 380Euros and had a fabulous time. Giovanni is knowledgeable of history and architecture, polite, responsible and truly enjoys his work. We have used other drivers in the past and he very well may be the best. We had a wonderful time.

Gary Gartner-Houston

B. Cole

Just about every company I dealt with (and there were several) took credit card holds. I suppose that it is still no guarantee that they will show up. What keeps most companies on their toes is the fear of getting bad reviews on Cruise Critic, TripAdvisor, and even word of mouth.

On our Med cruise in August (Ruby Princess) we booked two of our Italy tours (Naples and Rome) with Italycarservice. Josephine replied promptly every time we emailed with a question. She was amazing!

We thoroughly enjoyed both of our tours with this company! Both of our drivers were pleasant and spoke very good English, so we could understand everything they said to us and they could understand all of our questions, it was great! Wouldn't hesitate to recommend them at all!

We gave our credit card information to hold the booking, but paid in cash at the end of each day, to the driver. As the previous poster stated, these companies know that their reputation is on the line if they don't show up at the pier to pick you up. This is their livelihood, so they are not going to "take your money and run".

Enjoy your cruise!

I too would like more info on the Sunflower tours negative comment. I have used him before and plan on doing it again and can't believe a negative comment. Please let us know what happened on your trip that differs from all the raving reviews on this site. Happy cruising

We used RomeinLimo in Rome (Civitavecchia4) and Florence/Pisa (Livorno). We were very satisifed and would use them again when we return. You can read the full review, including all the places we went, on my blog:

http://moonprincess.com/travel/category/cruises/europe-2009/

We've used Romeinlimo a few times out of Livorno. They are an extremely professional company.

Archived