entrees in buffet on lido

lprime60

At lunch it varies, can be anything. On some ships ie; the Conquest class they have two buffet areas, one with regular, varying offerings and another "taste of the nations" line. At dinner, you will have some, not all, but some items from the dining room menu. There is always a salad bar, and a dessert area. There is/are always many items available at the lido buffet but, other than breakfast and lunch, I rarely use this dining venue for dinner. MDR, is so much better! JMHO.:)

And the burgers, hotdogs, fries/pizza deli areas may be on the same deck as the buffet, but are in different sections of the lido deck. On some ships, they have a rotisserie area, with chicken and other offerings, and on some ships ( ie; Freedom ), they have a Tandoor grill. I loved that tandoor grill! It depends on the ship, and I know there are some that I have not mentioned because, I have not been on all Carnival ships.

I love the "taste of nations" line, especially the day they offer Indian food. A few other offerings aside from the grill and the main buffet: On Conquest-class ships, there is a buffet line on deck 10 above the main buffet area. On several of the ships it's a fish and chips station with other offerings including bouillabaisse. Some ships also have a Mongolian barbeque, where you select from a variety of veggies, a beef/chicken/shrimp, and a sauce of your choice ranging from mild to spicy. Deli line - the reubens are really good.

they have fish dishes and other meats on the buffet every day and night, some of the same things that mdr have can be found at buffet. you can walk by and check out the selections before you get in line. doesnt take very long to get thru the lines.

I love the "taste of nations" line, especially the day they offer Indian food. A few other offerings aside from the grill and the main buffet: On Conquest-class ships, there is a buffet line on deck 10 above the main buffet area. On several of the ships it's a fish and chips station with other offerings including bouillabaisse. Some ships also have a Mongolian barbeque, where you select from a variety of veggies, a beef/chicken/shrimp, and a sauce of your choice ranging from mild to spicy. Deli line - the reubens are really good.

If you like Indian food, like I do, you will love a ship with a Tandoor grille. There was one on the Freedom, and there are a few other ships with it. I loved it. Also, it did not always have long lines. I hope they wont do away with it because of this. I absolutely loved, loved, loved the Tandoor Grille. There was always tandoor chicken, and a beef curry, with a slightly different fish offering, and always basmati rice, and one of the best things was the extras; ie; hummus, garlic puree, pickled onions, lettuce, fresh onion, tomato, cucumber, pineapple chutney, regular chutney etc etc etc, I loved it all! can you tell how much I love Indian food?:D

OMG......they have alot of different things......

fresh fruit,

all kinds of salads,

wonderful deli with all kinds of breads and rolls (made to order and grilled if you like),

really good chinese at least four different items (plus different soups, noodles, egg rolls),

the taste of nations (as mentioned above) changes everyday.....one day it's French, then Italian, then Indian...etc....each day has at least four or five main courses to try.

Some ships have fish & chips and a mexican station (like the Carnival Freedom......the fish and chips place has many different kinds of seafood (pretty good fried oysters) and the mexican was some of the best I've ever eaten.

And in the middle of everything is a really nice dessert bar......with cheesecakes, cakes, cookies, puddings, creme brulee, masapane desserts, and one day at sea a hugh chocolate bar with a chocolate fondue with fruit, marshmellows, cookies, graham crackers....

One sea days at the back bar they have an ice cream bar with all kinds of toppings......from fruits to nuts to caramel to sprinkles.....

There is alot......and I still haven't mentioned everything!!!! :D

Can anyone tell me what foods they have in the buffet besides the obvious burgers, fries, chicken fingers ect. I have seen lots of pics of food in the MDR but not the buffet

I know that someone will say that it is better than this, but to give you an idea of the variety think of a traditional land based cafeteria or a place like Golden Corral as far as variety.

If you like Indian food, like I do, you will love a ship with a Tandoor grille. There was one on the Freedom, and there are a few other ships with it.

Freedom, Splendor, Dream and Magic have the Tandoor Grill. On the Splendor it is on the starboard aft lido deck. YUM!!

And the burgers, hotdogs, fries/pizza deli areas may be on the same deck as the buffet, but are in different sections of the lido deck.

I was thinking that there were no dogs, burgers, etc in the buffet. Maybe located at an outdoor grill or different location.

I've always enjoyed them as there are plenty of choices. Food is fine but I do find myself getting a bit bored with the buffet by the end of the week.

Freedom, Splendor, Dream and Magic have the Tandoor Grill. On the Splendor it is on the starboard aft lido deck. YUM!!

Thanks Rosefloater, I cant tell you and all how much I loved this food venue on my most recent cruise on the Freedom. :)

they have fish dishes and other meats on the buffet every day and night, some of the same things that mdr have can be found at buffet. you can walk by and check out the selections before you get in line. doesnt take very long to get thru the lines.

The First cruise we went on we never ate in the MDR always at the buffett and was never bored...we arent MDR people we are on vacation to relax and not on a schedule.

I was thinking that there were no dogs, burgers, etc in the buffet. Maybe located at an outdoor grill or different location.

I've always enjoyed them as there are plenty of choices. Food is fine but I do find myself getting a bit bored with the buffet by the end of the week.

Sorry, I didnt state that difference of where those food places were situated. But I do believe that on most Carnival ships they are situated close to buffet, and or one deck up or down.:)

As far as the main buffet, there is always a carving station which changes daily, i.e., baked ham, turkey, steamship roast beef, leg of lamb, pork loin. Some ships have a pasta station (the Dream has the Pasta Bar, yum). Other hot items vary from day to day and could include mashed potatos, potato planks, vegetables, fish, chicken marsala, mac & cheese, baked ziti, jerk chicken, pasta Alfredo, beef & polenta, veal, fried chicken, chicken parmesan.

Can anyone tell me what foods they have in the buffet besides the obvious burgers, fries, chicken fingers ect. I have seen lots of pics of food in the MDR but not the buffet

We are pretty much just off the Glory (Oct 2) and besides the Fish n' Chips, Grill, Deli, Mongolian Wok, Pizza and Burrito stations here is a sampling of what the Buffet offered:

Chicken Noodle, Minnestrone, Black Bean, Cream of Potato and Navy Bean soups.

Top round beef au jus, Grilled fish, Chicken Marsala, Prime rib of beef, Speghetti carbonara, Grilled filet of Perch, Roast duck with raisin sauce, Flat iron steak, Jerk pork loin, Penne Marescos, Chicken quesadilla, Seared grouper with tomato cream, Braised short ribs, Roast leg of lamb, Beef stroganoff, Broiled pork chops, Grilled filet of Bass, fettuccini in mushroom cream sauce, New England crab cakes, Grilled salmon, BBQ cornish hen.

If I tell you that the array of vegetables was impressive I don't think I have to list them all. Also, the soups and meats/fish were offered on different days and not all on the same day. Of course some of the meats were from the carving station.

And then there are the desserts and fruits....

Hope this helps :D

ooooo the mongolian grill- by far my most favorite buffet station ever,

Only opened from 11:30 TIL 2:30 AND closes promptly even if there is a line.

Go early as the week goes on the line grows and grows as people find out about it.

If you like Indian food, like I do, you will love a ship with a Tandoor grille. There was one on the Freedom, and there are a few other ships with it. I loved it. Also, it did not always have long lines. I hope they wont do away with it because of this. I absolutely loved, loved, loved the Tandoor Grille. There was always tandoor chicken, and a beef curry, with a slightly different fish offering, and always basmati rice, and one of the best things was the extras; ie; hummus, garlic puree, pickled onions, lettuce, fresh onion, tomato, cucumber, pineapple chutney, regular chutney etc etc etc, I loved it all! can you tell how much I love Indian food?:D
We're sailing on Freedom in February - hope the Tandoor grill is there!:D

ooooo the mongolian grill- by far my most favorite buffet station ever,

Only opened from 11:30 TIL 2:30 AND closes promptly even if there is a line.

Go early as the week goes on the line grows and grows as people find out about it.

I also really like the Mongolian grill. I just wish they had Teriyaki sauce!

New England crab cakes,

New England is not known for crab. Lobstah, but not crab. Tell Carnival to get it right.lol

Ah, I know that but that is what the menu said..Now Maryland is the place for crab cakes as we all know. I had the "New England" crab cakes on the Glory and they weren't bad...not Maryland style but not bad.

That's the great thing about cruising. You can decide to play it by ear any given night. I like a nice dinner with wine so the MDR is great but my husband and I have cruised 20 times and the menu is not surprising anymore so many cruises we never set foot in the MDR. It mostly depends on if we are cruising alone or with guests. Anytime dining is a great option too because many times, if you have main seating, you just can't get ready in time when getting back on board. Need time to sleep off the beer you had in port. I have never left a cruise ship hungry no matter what option I chose.

Archived